Enough is enough. Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krulmichael
    STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
    • Feb 2009

Enough is enough. Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time.

End of discussion.
    Last edited by krulmichael; 02-01-2015, 10:46 PM.

Twitch Channel
    http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
    Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
    Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
    Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
    Season V: 2-1

• KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

Weird...if the Hawks didn't commit the biggest brain fart in the history of the game he's another all time choker.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• krulmichael
      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
      Weird...if the Hawks didn't commit the biggest brain fart in the history of the game he's another all time choker.
      He was the GOAT before winning this anyways. I'm not a Brady fan either.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
        He was the GOAT before winning this anyways. I'm not a Brady fan either.
        Well to be blunt he wasn't before and he isn't now. But at least now the conversation is plausible.

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

I would have to put Brady over Manning for sure after this championship. Manning owns all of the regular season records but Brady has 4 Super Bowl wins out of 6 appearances. Only a miracle catch against the Giants kept Brady from winning 5 of 6 and also going 19-0 that season.

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Patriots won tonight's game fair and square - and it was a helluva game - but their dynasty will always come with question marks and asterix(s). Spygate, deflated balls, tuck rule, Kraft's relationship with Goodell.
            When I look back at Packers, Dolphins, Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys' dynasties ... I see no questions.
            With all of that, the same can be said of Tom Brady. I don't dislike Tom Brady, but there are no questions about Terry Bradshaw or Joe Montana.
            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• number_55
              No longer a noob
              • Jan 2012

Why is it important for us to declare a G.O.A.T quarterback? Do we do so for other positions?

The Patriots are the 2014 champs......that is all that matters to me. It's a team game, everything else is meh.

With that said.....Ray Lewis is the greatest MLB of all time....

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                • Jul 2010

he sits with Montana and Bradshaw now.
                nothing else needs to be known.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;
                MFer
                3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• krulmichael
                  STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by number_55
                  Why is it important for us to declare a G.O.A.T quarterback? Do we do so for other positions?

The Patriots are the 2014 champs......that is all that matters to me. It's a team game, everything else is meh.

With that said.....Ray Lewis is the greatest MLB of all time....
                  The entire reason I made this thread was to troll the Peyton Manning one W2B made from 6 years ago.

Located here: http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...QB-of-all-time
                  Last edited by krulmichael; 02-02-2015, 10:37 AM.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• Glenbino
                    Jelly and Ice Cream
                    • Nov 2009

I don't think he'd go into the Manning category of playoff choke artists even if they lost.

He lost late to the Giants the first time after scoring the go ahead TD to Moss with two minutes left. I don't put the fuckery of the helmet catch or single coverage on Burress in the corner on the QB.

I don't remember the specifics of the second Giants all that well, so I can't really comment on it.

But in this game he had once again put his team ahead late, coming from two scores down against an all time great D to do so.

Brady is number one now. No one else has a legit argument IMO.

Comment

• MrBill
                      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
                      Brady is number one now. No one else has a legit argument IMO.
                      Now that Brady has an equal number of rings and has surpassed many of Montana's records, the only real arguments for Montana (from my point of view at least) are that he was undefeated in the Super Bowl and that he played in an era where DB's could be much more physical on receivers.

Comment

• number_55
                        No longer a noob
                        • Jan 2012

Montana played in an era where QB's were still football players. So them old dudes always get the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                          • Feb 2009

If Manning won last year would Brady still be GOAT to some of you ?

I still say Brady padded stats being a role player for 3 and going 1-3 in the easiest Era for a QB in history. Eli/Ben have two wins , Manning had 3 trips ,if idiocy doesn't kick in Russell has 2. It just means so much less. Mannings argument doesn't change much in that he's the most complete QB ever and is the closest this game has seen in the SB era to being a 1 man team , a legit player coach ,and an automatic MVP every single year.

Brady has imo benefited from bad ref calls,miraculous field goals ,and an all time choke job on top of the layers of blatant cheating. It's super easy to question so much of his success. And again I really hate what ifs but it's stupendously easy now to see (like with Montana) that you could have plugged Manning in anywhere as a rookie and that franchise was multiple SB challenging. I've never once thought that of Brady. I think Bill Belichick is the 2nd most impressive coach in history and maybe greatest ever. I think Brady is the most opportunistic QB ever but not the best.

Comment

• buckeye
                            Noob
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by MrBill
                            Now that Brady has an equal number of rings and has surpassed many of Montana's records, the only real arguments for Montana (from my point of view at least) are that he was undefeated in the Super Bowl and that he played in an era where DB's could be much more physical on receivers.
                            As a huge Montana fan: Brady passed him. Going undefeated in 4 bowls doesn't make him better than Brady being 4-2. The 49ers talent level was always far greater than the Pats (outside of the season the went undefeated). Being the number 1 reason you make it to 6 Super Bowls in 10 years is far greater imo.

Cheating?!? You guys talking about the same thing every other team does right?!? Sounding a lot like Chris Cater in here when he got served by Dilfer after the game.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Golden Taters
                              RIP West
                              • Jul 2009

If Manning won last year would Brady still be GOAT to some of you ?

I still say Brady padded stats being a role player for 3 and going 1-3 in the easiest Era for a QB in history. Eli/Ben have two wins , Manning had 3 trips ,if idiocy doesn't kick in Russell has 2. It just means so much less. Mannings argument doesn't change much in that he's the most complete QB ever and is the closest this game has seen in the SB era to being a 1 man team , a legit player coach ,and an automatic MVP every single year.

Brady has imo benefited from bad ref calls,miraculous field goals ,and an all time choke job on top of the layers of blatant cheating. It's super easy to question so much of his success. And again I really hate what ifs but it's stupendously easy now to see (like with Montana) that you could have plugged Manning in anywhere as a rookie and that franchise was multiple SB challenging. I've never once thought that of Brady. I think Bill Belichick is the 2nd most impressive coach in history and maybe greatest ever. I think Brady is the most opportunistic QB ever but not the best.
                              I agree mostly with what you're saying.

Tom Brady has certainly aged better than Manning, but if I would have to choose 1 QB in their prime I would still take the latter. In my opinion there hasn't been a quarterback with that much command over an offense that Manning has, he is/was a human super computer.

And I know my opinion will be probably be largely disagreed with, but I don't value the importance of rings as much as the average fan, in addition to some of the points that were made above. Guys like Dan Marino rarely benefited from having great defenses (majority of his career with D's in bottom half of league) and in football the quarterback is 1 of 22 starters, along with the whole special teams unit, and plays only one side of the ball. Winning a ring is that much more impressive in a sport like the NBA when you're 1 of 5 playing both O and D. I understand QB is the most important position and winning the big game carries some weight, I just never held it to the high standard that others have, the be-all and end-all. Football is very much a team sport with so many variables in play.

I think Manning, Montana, Brady are all close and would field an argument for all 3, but in MY eyes Peyton Manning remains the best.

Comment

Working...