X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

What's next for Shane Carwin?

He could have won that fight, some refs would have stopped it, but I'm glad they didnt, I'm old school and hate the pussified way some refs stop fights, that ref a long with the woman ref in the Cyborg/Finney fight should be rewarded for letting the fighters fight

but anyway, I guess Carwin can't fight past the first round, but the guy can but a beating on people for a round, so who's next?

I fell sort of sorry for the guy because if he losses his next fight he probably won't ever get that big payday he deserved for being the interim champ and headlining with the UFC's biggest draw, those chances don't come often in the fight game

Do you throw him right back in the fire? Or give him a winnable fight?
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Give him the loser of JDS/Nelson then loser of Cain/Brock...he wins both, back into the title picture.

Outside of that, it is going to be tough to prognosticate who he'd fight...the UFC's HW division is always being reshuffled.

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Larry
      Give him the loser of JDS/Nelson
      That was my first thought, or maybe Kongo

Maybe they should go Russow and see how many shots to the head that guy can take, but the Homer Simpson strategy has been a winning formula lately, so you never know

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
        That was my first thought, or maybe Kongo

Maybe they should go Russow and see how many shots to the head that guy can take, but the Homer Simpson strategy has been a winning formula lately, so you never know
        I don't think he needs to get thrown down that far on the card...

I mean, this guy dominated Brock...DOMINATED...and any ref could have stopped it and we'd be talking about the ultimo hombre right now. Unfortunately, they got to the second, he was gassed and Brock got to business and made quick work of him...not exactly grounds for banishment to the Kongo.

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

If I was confident in Nog's chin, I'd say throw him in there with Carwin.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Liquidrob
            Izzy is a bum
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Shogun
            If I was confident in Nog's chin, I'd say throw him in there with Carwin.
            As a fan of Nog over the years, I do not want to see that, Nog will get blasted

Nog needs to fight the other 'older era' fighters, rematches with Cro Cop or Mir would be fun

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
              • Feb 2009

I want to see him murder Cain.
              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

Working...