X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Hjalmarrsson stays in Chicago

Sharks tried to snake RFA dman Hjalmarsson from Chicago, but they decided to match the 4 year, 14M offer.

This puts Chicago at 113K cap space, with just 15 players on the roster. Niemi still has arbitration (anything less than 3.5M would be shocking), so how do they fit him in + 3 skaters and reserves?

Something has to happen.

They said they won't deal Sharp.

Nobody will take on Campbell's or Huet's ludicrous contracts.

Hmm.

Does Seabreeze go now instead of next year?
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
    Sharks tried to snake RFA dman Hjalmarsson from Chicago, but they decided to match the 4 year, 14M offer.

This puts Chicago at 113K cap space, with just 15 players on the roster. Niemi still has arbitration (anything less than 3.5M would be shocking), so how do they fit him in + 3 skaters and reserves?

Something has to happen.

They said they won't deal Sharp.

Nobody will take on Campbell's or Huet's ludicrous contracts.

Hmm.

Does Seabreeze go now instead of next year?
    I don't know how the NHL cap works, but I've heard that if the Blackhawks sent Huet down to the minors, then his salary would not count against the cap. Perhaps that is an oversimplification (or pure fiction)?

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
      I don't know how the NHL cap works, but I've heard that if the Blackhawks sent Huet down to the minors, then his salary would not count against the cap. Perhaps that is an oversimplification (or pure fiction)?
      Nope that is entirely correct.

The only players that count against the cap is the active NHL roster.

How Rocky feels about paying Huet 5.6M to play half assed in Rockford, I don't know. It looks like he'll have no choice unless they want to give up even more assets.

Comment

• Rush
        vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

The curse of winning a professional championship. If you aren't ready for it or have prepared for doomsday, you'll get dismantled.

Comment

• wr50l
          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Rush
          The curse of winning a professional championship. If you aren't ready for it or have prepared for doomsday, you'll get dismantled.
          The Cup had little to do with their dismantling. Had they lost to Philly or even missed the playoffs they still had serious cap consequences to account for.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
            The Cup had little to do with their dismantling. Had they lost to Philly or even missed the playoffs they still had serious cap consequences to account for.
            Not as serious as now. With them winning the cup and toews getting the mvp they basically went over the cap this year with a good 5+mil in bonuses.

What that did was cause them to be penalized this year. Their cap sits around 53mil or so while everyone elses is 58 mil.

They still would of had issues but that extra 5mil would come in handy.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Ravin
              Dishing the Gino's
              • Feb 2009

Huet needs to go the minors and his contract off the books. And Campbell, well either find a time who will take him for like a 7th rounder, or you're basically screwed.
              All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• The Buddha
                • Mar 2009

Toews winning the Conn Smythe really hurt, plus add in Kanes bonus and the Cap situation got realllly ugly.

The problem right now is, Chicago can not send Huet to the minors until the start of the season, so technically they have to ride out this entire offseason with him on the books.

With Jelly's offer getting matched, I really cant find a possible way for them to keep Niemi, unless they pull of a deal that sends Sharpy or Campbell away.

---

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                  Nope that is entirely correct.

The only players that count against the cap is the active NHL roster.

How Rocky feels about paying Huet 5.6M to play half assed in Rockford, I don't know. It looks like he'll have no choice unless they want to give up even more assets.
                  You're paying him the 5.6 either way so you might as well send him to Rockford so you free up space for the NHL club.

Comment

• LC AAU
                    • Oct 2008

At first I was excited to see Hjalmarrsson back but now thinking I think we would of been better off taking the 1st and 3rd.
                    sig is too big, resize it

Comment

Working...