X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

Pee-Wee Herman, Bellator Locked in Legal Battle

It's a two-page article and I'm not going to CNP the entire thing.
    Though he signed his name to the contract 21 months ago, as it now stands, Dave Herman will be conspicuously absent from the Bellator Fighting Championships season three heavyweight tournament that kicks off Aug. 12 in Hollywood, Fla.

Bellator attorney Patrick English confirmed to Sherdog.com on Tuesday that Herman will not be taking the eighth and final slot in the field, as the fighter and promotion are embroiled in ongoing litigation.

Herman, 25, is suing Bellator Fighting Championships for allegedly breaching a six-fight, 30-month contract he signed into with the promotion on Oct. 28, 2008. Herman is also claiming tortuous interference on the part of Bellator for a handful of fight assignments -- including a four-fight contract offer from Strikeforce -- he’s tried to secure since January. The promotion is countersuing for alleged breach of contract as well.

In 2008, Herman said he was “really excited” to sign with the debuting Bellator league because he felt the slickly packaged promotion had potential to be a player in the market. Back then, Herman was an undefeated prospect who’d gained buzz for three consecutive TKO wins in EliteXC. Bellator scouted Herman for an eight-man heavyweight tournament the promotion planned for fall 2009, though the fighter’s contract stipulated that Bellator had to provide him at least two fights in one year’s time.
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...l-Battle-25797

I've always wondered where Herman went to. He's an intriguing talent and it's a shame that he's going to be locked into this dispute for a while.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia
  • Champ
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

Fuck you i thought you meant the real Pee Wee Herman

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

I am very high on Bellator, but after reading this today and other stuff here and there I'm not sure about how they operate sometimes, Herman having a tough time, I think Jorge Masvidal has had a similar issue, correct me if I'm wrong, can't remember the details

I also read they have really strict champion and even tournament winner clauses

This Rebney guy doesnt have the best rep in the boxing world either
      Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

But hey, Rebney really badly wants to book Alvarez/Melendez and Coker won't let him.

So there

Comment

• Liquidrob
          Izzy is a bum
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          But hey, Rebney really badly wants to book Alvarez/Melendez and Coker won't let him.

So there
          I doubt Coker will do any co-promotion with Bellator now, just seems like Bellator is going the UFC route with there promotion, as more stuff comes out about Rebney it makes it much harder
          Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
            I doubt Coker will do any co-promotion with Bellator now
            He was never going to do it (Melendez/Alvarez)

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
              I doubt Coker will do any co-promotion with Bellator now, just seems like Bellator is going the UFC route with there promotion, as more stuff comes out about Rebney it makes it much harder
              Why should Coker ever co promote with Bellator? It only benefits Bellator. Same reason Dana has no reason to co promote with anyone. Why split profits with a promoter piggybacking a more successful promoter?

Co promoting only works in the rare case that two promoters have equal exposure and each have a comperable draw which allows both groups to draw more money than they could on their own. I can't think of a fight right now that would accomplish that.

Comment

Working...