X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmore
    The True Free-Man
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
    My point is Nog should have won that fight, bad judging is bad judging, just like Dunham vs Sherk
    I can agree with the Dunham/Sherk fight. But Bader (IMO) won every round and decisively put Nog away.

If anyone got away with bad judging Nog did when he fought Brillz.

Comment

• stevsta
      ¿Que?
      • Oct 2008

if forest griffin is 4 on light heavy weight what would silva be
      RIP

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by stevsta
        if forest griffin is 4 on light heavy weight what would silva be
        at least 3, but he's done at 205.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Updated following UFC 123.

Heavyweight
          1. Cain Velasquez
          2. Junior dos Santos
          3. Brock Lesnar
          4. Shane Carwin
          5. Frank Mir
          6. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
          7. Roy Nelson
          8. Brendan Schaub
          9. Ben Rothwell
          10. Mike Russow

Honorable Mention: Travis Browne, Cheick Kongo, Stefan Struve, Jon Madsen

-The UFC heavyweight division is not as stacked as it may have recently been. The bottom of the top ten is a big reach and Big Nog & Mir are losses away from dropping out, too...They need more young heavy's to step up. And for their sake, I hope Brock continues fighting for a LONG time.

Light Heavyweight
          1. Shogun Rua
          2. Quinton Jackson
          3. Lyoto Machida
          4. Rashad Evans
          5. Forrest Griffin
          6. Ryan Bader
          7. Jon Jones
          8. Rich Franklin
          9. Phil Davis
          10. Matt Hamill

Honorable Mention: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Thiago Silva, Randy Couture, Jason Brilz, Ricardo Romero

What was once the best division in the sport, is regaining some form. It's definitely the deepest at the top, stretching seven deep (perhaps 8 deep) as far as title contenders go...I thought about keeping Machida @ 2 but at the end of the day, it's a win for Rampage and a L for Machida. Although Rashad beat Rampage, it was blanket Rashad...Phil Davis gets in the top 10, bouncing Lil Nog out

Middleweight
          1. Anderson Silva
          2. Chael Sonnen
          3. Yushin Okami
          4. Vitor Belfort
          5. Nate Marquardt
          6. Demian Maia
          7. Chris Leben
          8. Wanderlei Silva
          9. Michael Bisping
          10. Alan Belcher

Honorable Mention: Yoshihiro Akiyama, Mark Munoz, Dan Miller, CB Dollaway, Court McGee

Welterweight
          1. Georges St. Pierre
          2. Jon Fitch
          3. Josh Koscheck
          4. B.J. Penn
          5. Jake Shields
          6. Carlos Condit
          7. Martin Kampmann
          8. Diego Sanchez
          9. Chris Lytle
          10. Dong Hyun Kim

Honorable Mention: Thiago Alves, Johny Hendricks, Nate Diaz, Jake Ellenberger, Paulo Thiago, Daniel Roberts, Dan Hardy, Matt Hughes, Mike Pyle, John Roberts

Arguably the deepest division in Zuffaland, the reintroduction of Penn finds him in the top 5. Plus, his 'ol friend Diego Sanchez bounces into the top 10 after dissecting Paulo Thiao....Dan Hardy and Matt Hughes fell off....Nate Diaz, Johny Hendricks and Jake Ellenberger are wins away from being top 10 worthy

Lightweight
          1. Frankie Edgar
          2. Gray Maynard
          3. George Sotiropoulos
          4. Ben Henderson
          5. Jim Miller
          6. Sean Sherk
          7. Evan Dunham
          8. Takanori Gomi
          9. Kenny Florian
          10. Donald Cerrone

Honorable Mention: Charles Oliveira, Joe Lauzon, Edson Barboza, Clay Guida, Jamie Varner, Melvin Guillard, Anthony Pettis, Tiequan Zhang

Another deep division sees Sotiropoulos @ #3 over Bendo. Kenny Florian needs a win...badly. Will be interesting to see how many of these guys decide to drop to 145 (Miller? Guida?)....Some great prospects get honorable mentioned including Charlie Oliveira and Shogun's BFF Edson Barboza

Featherweight
          1. Jose Aldo
          2. Mike Brown
          3. Josh Grispi
          4. Manny Gambuyran
          5. Mark Hominick
          6. Rafael Assuncao
          7. Chad Mendes
          8. Leonard Garcia
          9. Diego Nunes
          10. George Roop

Honorable Mention: Chan Sung Jung, L.C. Davis, Cub Swanson, Tyler Toner, Mackens Semerzier, Rani Yahya

Not so deep of a division yet but with a few more fights under their belts, Nunes and Mendes will be Aldo's next BIG challengers. New UFC champion Aldo will fight Grispi plus Mike Brown will fight Nunes on New Years to reshape the division.

Bantamweight
          1. Dominick Cruz
          2. Scott Jorgensen
          3. Urijah Faber
          4. Joseph Benavidez
          5. Brian Bowles
          6. Miguel Torres
          7. Takeya Mizugaki
          8. Demetrious Johnson
          9. Eddie Wineland
          10. Renan Barao

Honorable Mention: Brad Pickett, Wagnney Fabiano, Damacio Page, Antonio Banuelos

Not deep at all yet, the UFC will need to find fresh talent because by this time next year, at least two (maybe 3) of the top six will drop....Cruz vs. Jorgensen to crown the first UFC 135 champion in the WEC finale next month...the winner is expected to defend against Urijah Faber next year. Miguel Torress will fight Banuelos next year (no rematch with Bowles?) and the duo of Fabiano and Page fell out of the top 10......Look out for Renan Barao (one of Jose Aldo's training partner at Nova Uniao), he's 23-1, losing his debut fight by split decision in 2005. He fights on the undercard at WEC 53

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Not a lot to gripe about.

Get Belcher out of there. Akiyama beat him. Someone else at 10, Akiyama or otherwise.

Comment

• SHOGUN
              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
              • Jul 2009

Why is Cerrone ahead of Pettis?

Munoz and/or Sexyama should be above Belcher.

No Thiago Alves, even in the honorable mention spot?

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                True Blue
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                Not a lot to gripe about.

Get Belcher out of there. Akiyama beat him. Someone else at 10, Akiyama or otherwise.
                and belcher suffered a detached retina or some shit and doesnt even know if he'll ever fight again

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Belcher is returning and he's been calling out Okami and Wandy.

Shit, forgot Alves somewhere along the line. I'll add him to the HMs.

I have Cerrone above Pettis b/c he's been more active and IMO, has been more impressive in his wins. He has the losses to Bendo, but no shame in losing to the champion.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

I love me some Phil Davis but I dont see how he can possibly be ahead of Matt Hamill or Thiago Silva, or even Lil Nog. Just doesnt seem right this soon.

I dont really think Jim Miller has done enough to be ahead of guys like Sherk and Florian, either. Altho I can see him that high in the future.

Comment

Working...