X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

Dana putting Rashad in place

"It's just frustrating. I am a fighter and I need to make a living doing this, but at the same time it's about getting that gold." - Rashad Evans, twiddling his thumbs while he waits for his shot at Mauricio Rua. (ESPN)

"But if the gold is something that I'm not going to get an opportunity to fight for then I have to face that possibility and move forward and do some other things." - Evans

"If I don't get the chance to fight for the belt, I will never ask to fight for this belt again. I will never want to fight for that belt again." - Evans

"That's the weirdest comment I have ever heard in my life. [Rashad] is scheduled to fight in March." - UFC President Dana White

"We offered him a fight in September; he turned it down. He said he didn't want to harm his brand. I don't know what the Rashad Evans brand is, or what that means, but he said he didn't want to harm it." - White

"If [Rua] is going to be out longer than May or June then [the UFC] should consider an interim title and I will fight for an interim belt. It's something." - Evans, who later tried to backtrack his comments with quotes that you will hopefully see in this week's "Tweet Tweet" collection.

"The guy who holds the belt is the champion. If he can't return for a long amount of time, and that amount of time is undetermined, then you create an interim belt." - White. Or when you need GSP to fill in for Matt Serra at UFC 79.

"Personally, I have a great relationship with Rashad. He's a great guy. When you meet him outside, he's a great guy. But when it comes to fighting, he is a complete head case." - White
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

• Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

lol @ Rashad thinking he has a 'brand', the UFC is the brand, Rashad is a by product of it and needs to do what he is told

Rashad thinking he is a brand within a brand, please, he is lucky to be TAB in the UFC's line of Coker products

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

LOL. Rashad simply didn't want to jeopardize his title shot, so he decided to wait for Rua to come back. Now he's getting antsy. He should just STFU and wait.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Rush
        vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

He's just going to run around the ring again.

Comment

• Liquidrob
          Izzy is a bum
          • Feb 2009

lol, my mind playing tricks on me

Comment

Working...