Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

Yeah. I'm going to be heartbroken if Steen leaves for good.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      The PPV's are strictly gofightlive.com now.
      I shouldn't have posted it as "OnDemand" but rather "I can go on gofightlive.com anytime during the week and buy the PPV and watch on my own accord?"

I see from your post that is true which rules. I'll be watching it sometime in the next week.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

How were the connection issues for you guys? I'm always afraid to order ippv's live, for fear of a shitty stream.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

That's honestly why I didn't do it live. I was in on Saturday too...
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Yeah, even last night, I had to spend a bit of time purging some old files, shutting down backround programs, and retarted my computer 19 times to eliminate the buffering/slowdown.

FYI, the show is really, really long. Be prepared to sit for four hours, or break it up into a few sessions. I restarted my computer 3 or 4 times to fix the buffering, but keep in mind i'm not exactly Steven Jobs when it comes to doing anything technical on the computer.

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Yeah Alvarez said it was around 3 hours, 40 minutes.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Yeah, shit was long...but it delivered.

The last two matches will be on most Top 10'rs for 2010. Really liked the Richards/Strong match. I liked the Steen/Generico match.

I also really enjoyed the Kings/Briscoes match for what it was. Can't wait for another Kings/WGTT match.

Eddie Edwards is growing on me.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

The show was a massive success, crashing the gofightlive servers. They had to use emergency servers to avoid a disaster. Its expected to be the top gofightlive ppv ever, and the top ROH ppv ever.

It has a good shot at topping TNA numbers, which would be awesome and embarrassing at the same time.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

That's awesome. I was definitely tempted to get the PPV live, but unfortunately had other plans on Saturday.

So is the feeling that ROH on HDNet is doing well for ROH then?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                      That's awesome. I was definitely tempted to get the PPV live, but unfortunately had other plans on Saturday.

So is the feeling that ROH on HDNet is doing well for ROH then?
                      Having tv can't hurt, even though almost nobody gets the channel. I think they just did a great job building the top 3 matches, especially Steen/Generico. It was pro wrestling booking 101. Logical, clear, interesting stories. It really is that simple sometimes.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Having tv can't hurt, even though almost nobody gets the channel. I think they just did a great job building the top 3 matches, especially Steen/Generico. It was pro wrestling booking 101. Logical, clear, interesting stories. It really is that simple sometimes.
                        ECW gained a strong cult following with a TV show on at 1am in only select areas...any TV is good TV. In the age of the internet...the rest takes care of itself...back then it was only tape trading...now...shit just gets done by itself.

ROH has itself a nice little gig right now.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Final Battle did 2,000 buys, by far the biggest wrestling iPPV of all time. (The first two ROH shows on iPPV did 1100 & 1400).

Originally posted by Dave Meltzer
                          Even though the difference in television viewership is astronomical, my belief is that if this show went live on regular PPV, it would easily have beaten TNA’s show two weeks earlier. However, if the company tried a live PPV, they would lose their ass doing so. The iPPV concept is low risk, as you only need a few hundred buys to break even. But it’s low reward, as even with a show with this level of success, the profit margin if you throw in everything is probably not much more than $10,000. It’s nowhere close to as important as the live gate, and that explains why there was a lengthy intermission during the show, because it was important to sell as much merchandise as possible when you have one of the company’s biggest crowds of the year.

The show drew a sellout of 1,300 fans to the Manhattan Center. There were only about 40 seats left to be sold the day of the show.
                          So basically, ROH makes more money on iPPV than TNA does on regular PPV. TNA loses money on every PPV. TNA also rarely draws 1,300 paying customers at the gate, and in fact, draws no gate at all at the Impact Zone since its free admission.

And here is a staggering statictic. Sit down.

For every million ppv homes, TNA draws 30 buys. Nobody knows for sure, but most people estimate that far less than 100k people see ROH on HDNet each week. Probably in the 20k range, if that. And they drew 2,000 buys.

30 out of 1,000,000

or...

2,000 out of 20,000

El Generico & Kevin Steen, on what amounts to essentially public access tv strength, are better draws than the guys in TNA that reach 90 million homes.

LAUGH OUT LOUD

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

There are tons of flaws in that statistic, but I won't get into it, because the thought of it being true is funny.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

The obvious flaw, is there is no way ROH would sustain that ratio over a larger universe of potential purchasers. The 2000 people who bought the show were the hardcores who would have done so no matter what. But like you said, its funny, and we all love to pile onto TNA and how inept they are at getting our money.

For a direct, fair comparison, UFC does 1500 buys per million, and WWE does 375.

Its still mind blowing to me, that TNA does 10k on real PPV despite a 2 hour weekly infomercial that reaches 100 million people, while ROH did 2k on sketchy iPPV with complete no names and a show nobody knows exists.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Double post

Comment

Working...