"Around The Cage" Vol. 1 - Dana sending fake numbers to media?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

"Around The Cage" Vol. 1 - Dana sending fake numbers to media?

Around The Cage will be my new (semi) weekly rundown of what's going on in the world of MMA . All of the key stories, news bits, and random offbeat shenanigans, condensed for your pleasure in one convenient location...

Yeah, shameless plug. Just read it, dipshits. Thanks.
  • Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

lol @ the first story, Iole is a huge shill than you talk about Meltzer and his 'accurate numbers' which can't be verified

Meltzer's 'numbers' are based on 'trending' and ratings of preview shows, they are fairy tales. How could something be called 'accurate' if you can't verify it at all?

anyway, Overeem does not like Werdum, he should say he is number 1, but won't, agreed that is a mistake, you always talk up the guy you're fighting he it helps your standing in the sport
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

After every UFC I could give you a number within 50,000k of what Meltzer will report, is it really that hard?

Oh, I forgot, he has 'sources' which is funny because he had zero info on Shark Fights or Shine fights, nothing on Affliction that is accurate either, funny he only has PPV info on UFC and the WWE

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
        lol @ the first story, Iole is a huge shill than you talk about Meltzer and his 'accurate numbers' which can't be verified

Meltzer's 'numbers' are based on 'trending' and ratings of preview shows, they are fairy tales

anyway, Overeem does not like Werdum, he should say he is number 1, but won't, agreed that is a mistake, you always talk up the guy you're fighting he it helps your standing in the sport
        c'mon rob, not this shit again.

His estimates always fall in line with the cable industry numbers, in fact his came in lower this time. He's been tracking PPV numbers for decades, longer than anyone in the business, he's legit and deep down you know that.

And why Overeem would say someone other than one of the 7 other guys in the GP field is #1 is beyond my understanding. I'd be fuming if I was Coker.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Rob doesn't get Meltzer.

Before PPVs, he bases his OPINION on hype and how well the preview show does.

After the PPV, he'll base an estimate on trending data (which is usually reliable).

At some point, weeks after the PPV, he'll get a more reliable number from sources within the PPV industry and within the UFC.

Comment

• Liquidrob
            Izzy is a bum
            • Feb 2009

where are this verified cable industry numbers?

I love estimates based on trending data, sounds rock solid to me

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

After every UFC I could give you a number within 50,000k of what Meltzer will report, is it really that hard?

Oh, I forgot, he has 'sources' which is funny because he had zero info on Shark Fights or Shine fights, nothing on Affliction that is accurate either, funny he only has PPV info on UFC and the WWE
              He had the Affliction numbers, and I don't remember speciafically about the other two, but when something comes in very low, he usually doesnt bother tracking and just says it was under 50k under 20k or wherever it falls (TNA PPV's for example). That was the case with Shamrock/Baroni, which if I remember correctly did 35k, which was a massive success for no TV promotion.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                True Blue
                • Feb 2009

:fedor: @ warner and rob bickering over meltzer again. get over it ladies

good article btw

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Also, his WWE estimates are always spot on, and those have to be released by the WWE because they are a public company. He gets them right within a few thousand weeks before WWE gives the number. Just give him credit, he knows what he's talking about.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                    Izzy is a bum
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                    And why Overeem would say someone other than one of the 7 other guys in the GP field is #1 is beyond my understanding. I'd be fuming if I was Coker.
                    The Reem fights for himself, doesnt care about that stuff at all

Once the tournament is over (if he wins it), he should call out Cain right after the fight and tell Dana/The UFC don't be scared and lets make a co-promotion fight happen 'for the fans'

Surprised it has happened yet with Diaz or Gil

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

When PRIDE did their American PPVs, he also had their buyrates.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                        True Blue
                        • Feb 2009

:fedor:

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

where are this verified cable industry numbers?

I love estimates based on trending data, sounds rock solid to me
                          There is no such thing. Anyone who puts them together has to gather the info on their own.

Usually geographic locations will follow the same trends show after show, that's how he does it.

When the independant cable numbers come in, he's almost always right near the number.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                            Izzy is a bum
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                            :fedor: @ warner and rob bickering over meltzer again. get over it ladies

good article btw
                            Warner is one of my favorite posters on the net, but him basing an article off of Meltzer and his 'numbers' is just plain silly

It's like the Easter Bunny trying to tell people to believe in Santa Claus

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

The Reem fights for himself, doesnt care about that stuff at all

Once the tournament is over (if he wins it), he should call out Cain right after the fight and tell Dana/The UFC don't be scared and lets make a co-promotion fight happen 'for the fans'

Surprised it has happened yet with Diaz or Gil
                              Yeah, I wouldn't want my guys calling out fighters from other promotions. Why? It makes YOUR promotion look weak, as if there's nobody they care to fight.

It looked weak when years ago Jake Shields talked about fighting GSP after winning a fight.

It similarly looked weak when Gil Melendez would talk about himself only being a #3 or top 5 lightweight...instead of the best lightweight because he had respect for Penn and Edgar.

Strikeforce guys should focus on their own shit and worry about making fights that can actually happen.

Because while you would have Overeem call out Cain and Diaz call out GSP...they're too busy headlining shows doing six figure buyrates (if not more), rolling in the cash.

Don't be TNA. Make yourself look like gold and maybe others will believe it.

Comment

Working...