• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Bellator Signs Shine Featherweight Champ Ronnie Mann

:guns:

Bellator announced they have signed the reigning Shine Fights featherweight champion/top Sengoku contender to an exclusive contract.

England's Mann is 18-2-1 and won the Shine title in September. Prior to that, his last loss came in Sengoku against Hatsu Hioki (now the reigning champion) in 2009.

Mann will have a non-tournament fight in season four and then will join the season five featherweight tournament.

shogun, what's your take on Mann?

• Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Mann is a tremendous fighter.

I really love what Bellator has done this season, too bad it is likely their last.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      I really love what Bellator has done this season, too bad it is likely their last.
      Are you so pessimistic because of MTV's history with wrestling?

Clearly, Bellator won't be cracking any earth shattering ratings, but unless they do awful numbers (I'm talking 0.2, 0.1)....would MTV cut them loose after however many months?

I'm optimistic, VIVA BELLATOR!

Comment

• SHOGUN
        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
        • Jul 2009

Mann is very legit. Definite Top 10 material. He has very few holes in his game, but he's not particularly elite in one specific area. I've been waiting for him to make a jump into the bigger pool of talent for a minute and Bellator has enough sharks to keep him busy. This is a phenomenal signing by Rebney.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          Are you so pessimistic because of MTV's history with wrestling?

Clearly, Bellator won't be cracking any earth shattering ratings, but unless they do awful numbers (I'm talking 0.2, 0.1)....would MTV cut them loose after however many months?

I'm optimistic, VIVA BELLATOR!
          They will do awful numbers, there is no reason to think otherwise.

Its a great product, FX would have made them a serious player.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

FX was never an option, it was a false rumor I believe.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

FX was never an option, it was a false rumor I believe.
              I understand that. That's too bad.

MTV2 offers no chance to get them into the black. The only question, is how long are they willing to lose money, before they either shut it down or find a better home?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                I understand that. That's too bad.

MTV2 offers no chance to get them into the black. The only question, is how long are they willing to lose money, before they either shut it down or find a better home?
                All the news was the amount MTV2 is paying them will cover only production.

We shall see whether Bjorn and co. can bring in revenue to cover all the other costs.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

All the news was the amount MTV2 is paying them will cover only production.

We shall see whether Bjorn and co. can bring in revenue to cover all the other costs.
                  I cant even believe they are able to cover the $100k payoffs for the tourny winners.

Going back to Philly for the Alvarez fight is a good move, they drew a decent house last time.

I like the venues they run, especially the KC Power & Light District. But they need to start drawing at the gate.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Boo!

Mann will make his BFC debut on April 9th against Josh Arocho who has the stellar record of 6-9.

Comment

Working...