X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sigona
    Posts too much
    • Aug 2010

200 Best Paying Sports Teams in the World

ESPN The Magazine - The Money Issue - 200 Best-Paying Teams in the World - ESPN

$150,000 a week to play for Barcelona. Damn.
  • Survivor
    Sporting Spirit
    • Dec 2009

The most surprising thing to me is the teams from the Indian Premier League (Cricket) that made it pretty high. And lol @ how low the NFL teams are.

Comment

• G-men
      Posts too much
      • Nov 2011

not shocked at the Redskins having the highest NFL payroll

Comment

• citizenerased
        Rugby World Cup Champion
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Survivor
        The most surprising thing to me is the teams from the Indian Premier League (Cricket) that made it pretty high.
        Whats there to be surprised about?

They get more for their TV rights then the English Premier League for Soccer (but with 8 teams instead of 20... and much smaller teams/coaching staffs), every team is owned by billionaires and there is no salary cap restrictions.
        Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Survivor
          Sporting Spirit
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by citizenerased
          Whats there to be surprised about?

They get more for their TV rights then the English Premier League for Soccer (but with 8 teams instead of 20... and much smaller teams/coaching staffs), every team is owned by billionaires and there is no salary cap restrictions.
          It's just not the sport that comes to mind if a bunch of guys bring this topic up and try to make a list. I was more surprised out of my ignorance to the league than anything.

Comment

Working...