Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clovett
    • Mar 2009

Matt Hughes vs Diego Sanchez

"A matchup between two welterweight fan favorites has been verbally agreed to as Diego 'The Dream' Sanchez will face former UFC welterweight champion and Hall of Famer Matt Hughes," said UFC President Dana White. "Sanchez is coming off of a Fight of Night winning performance against Martin Kampmann and Hughes is looking to add another great victory to his incredible UFC career."
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

So much for Royce vs Hughes @ Rio, that Royce seems pretty convinced is going down, lol..

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Dana thinks Royce has nothing left so it was never happening apparently.

On the bright side, Hughes/Sanchez is something new and different.

Comment

• SHOGUN
        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
        • Jul 2009

They are really trying to push Diego. LOL.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Steel Mamba
          Nasty
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SHOGUN
          They are really trying to push Diego. LOL.
          Push him into the hospital? They just sent Diego's hype train into a brick wall with this matchup.

Comment

• SHOGUN
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
            Push him into the hospital? They just sent Diego's hype train into a brick wall with this matchup.
            As much as I would LOVE to see Hughes curbstomp Sanchez, this is a very winnable fight for Diego. Hughes' chin is fading. A win here gives Sanchez enough fuel to push him into a title shot - where he can promptly get outclassed in every facet for five rounds again.

Not an compelling contender for the belt, but a contender nonetheless.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• clovett
              • Mar 2009

lol at sanchez being a contender... i know hughes is a big name and would be a good win for sanchez, but beating him doesnt make anyone a contender, especially sanchez

Comment

• SHOGUN
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by clovett
                lol at sanchez being a contender... i know hughes is a big name and would be a good win for sanchez, but beating him doesnt make anyone a contender, especially sanchez
                I agree that Sanchez shouldn't be thought about being a serious contender, but Paulo Thiago, Kampmann (albeit robbery), and Hughes would be a better string of wins than most of the WW contenders in the division.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

After Shields, there are NO big contenders in the division...unless they bring in Diaz which I doubt they do.

If GSP wins, we'll see some shitty fight unless GSP moves up or they can move Diaz.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Sanchez broke his hand, out of the fight.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

Does any fight ever stay in tact lately?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Apparently, Koscheck has the inroad on taking the fight with Huges as long as the HOFer accepts it.

Comment

Working...