Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Awesometrax
    Noob
    • Feb 2009

As a Winnipegger I will be experiencing the excitement of getting a team back first hand in a few days (barring Bettman deciding to continue being a stubborn asshole to us). It will be tough for me to "dump" the Canucks but I might have two teams starting next year. That first regular season game here is going to be absolutely insane.
    Finally back after a 3 year hiatus!

Comment

• Ravin
      Dishing the Gino's
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
      I think at this point there's more going on that's not known by the public/media.

Shady backdoor politics of some kind. Even the Hulsizer deal was fucking off when they discused it. The guy was basically getting the team without paying for it himself....and was going to be paid by the city to run it. I mean, WTF?
      The politics is what is fucking this shit up.The Blackwater group needs to die in a fire.

And I hate to bring this up, but it seems like the perfect owner would have been someone willing to pay for the team, pay the city to get rid of the debt the team owed, pay, for a building, basically open his wallet to the extreme to get this bankrupt, league owned team into a good market where it can survive. If only they had someone like that...

That guy is lookng like a saint right now. With the Atlanta sale / relocation about to happen, it makes you sit and ponder, what the fuck was the problem with the Coyotes moving? You'll let the thrashers leave, and they are owned by people, not the league, yet Bettmen will just let them walk off into the sunset. But Phoenix he has this hard on for, and has blocked the sale so many times, and doesn't want to relocate, blah blah blah. Please just keep some consistency.
      All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

So TSN has explained that if Winnipeg becomes for real, that they WILL play in the Southeast division for the upcoming season. It's too late in the scheduling process to make any change.

The following year is when things will be moved around. TSN predicts Winnipeg moves to the Northeast with Colorado moving to the Pacific, Dallas moving to the Central.....

If that's the case there could be any number of changes to divisions.

Also, Manitoba Moose AHL team is moving to St. John's NFLD.

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

hockey lost a little something when they lost the whalers, jets, northstars and nordiques (sp). Back in the late 80ies and early 90ies especially with the Gretzky Kings i was really getting into hockey. Then that lockout happened and they lost me

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

also...changing the conference names and shit was a fail imo. that was tradition and gave hockey a certain character about it

Comment

• Ravin
              Dishing the Gino's
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
              So TSN has explained that if Winnipeg becomes for real, that they WILL play in the Southeast division for the upcoming season. It's too late in the scheduling process to make any change.

The following year is when things will be moved around. TSN predicts Winnipeg moves to the Northeast with Colorado moving to the Pacific, Dallas moving to the Central.....

If that's the case there could be any number of changes to divisions.

Also, Manitoba Moose AHL team is moving to St. John's NFLD.
              I still think that is completely fucked. Dallas - Columbus - Detroit - Nashville - Chicago - St. Louis, with most likely Nashville moving over to the East. You got three teams grouped together, and then Dallas and St. Louis. I guess with Winny being close to Minny it works, but I don't want a Canada division.
              All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

A few hundred people in Atlanta want the NHL to know they care.

Don't tell them nobody else does.

Comment

• Ravin
                  Dishing the Gino's
                  • Feb 2009

I always say when fans hold these little get togethers, "maybe if you showed up more during the season, you wouldn't have this issue now."

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• killgod
                    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ravin
                    I always say when fans hold these little get togethers, "maybe if you showed up more during the season, you wouldn't have this issue now."
                    Apparently these are the fans that did show up to games, road games too.

This just needs to be over with ASAP, I'm tired of hearing what could or could not happen. Mostly I just want to know what this team in Winnipeg is going to be called and what they'll look like.

Comment

• wr50l
                      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                      • Oct 2008

It hardly helped the mood that Harry the Hawk, the mascot of Atlanta's NBA club that is also owned by the Atlanta Spirit, rode up on a scooter, hopped off and handed out some high-fives before stopping to put his mouth over the head of Zanna Huff, a bystander wearing a Thrashers jersey.

"Now he's trying to eat my girlfriend's head, which is disgusting," said Bryce McNeil, a 33-year-old professor at Georgia State. "Having Harry the Hawk here -- it's not that I have anything against the Hawks, but it's the Atlanta Spirit shoving their other asset in our face, which is just deplorable."

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

That same article those people brought up a good point.

They said "if we are unhappy with the team then the idea to show the owners you want change and don't show up to the game doesn't work because if fans don't show up to the game this is what happends".

That event was for the season ticket sales i think lol.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Ravin
                          Dishing the Gino's
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
                          That same article those people brought up a good point.

They said "if we are unhappy with the team then the idea to show the owners you want change and don't show up to the game doesn't work because if fans don't show up to the game this is what happends".

That event was for the season ticket sales i think lol.
                          Which is funny because even our Sarnia Sting work on that. Team has won 3 playoff series in 17 years, has never made it passed the 2nd round, fans stopped showing up, owners tell fans to get their butts in the seats.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• theMINI
                            • Nov 2008

Next up....... Quebec City !

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                              SWEET! :D Well I would hope they're re-named the Jets, bring back the old jerseys!
                              I vividly remember the cool Winnipeg Jets logo from the NHL games on Genesis.

good times.

Comment

• Ravin
                                Dishing the Gino's
                                • Feb 2009

Can't help but smile at this logo. Though I believe they will go more a "Manitoba ????" team, not Winnipeg.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

Working...