X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

Regehr possibly Traded to Buffalo

He was asked to waive his NTC in a deal to Buffalo.

Drew Stafford is one of the names going back.

Leafs offseason training!
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Solid deal for Buffalo- they would be dealing from their strength which is from their forwards. They get back Regehr, who would be a huge presence on their defense which is sorely needed, not to mention if he is paired with Myers it would really free him up offensively.

Looks like the Flames might be on the verge of blowing things up. I wonder if Iginla gets moved- after the Richards trade today, nothing would surprise me.

Comment

• Ravin
      Dishing the Gino's
      • Feb 2009

Iginla is going no where. I really don't know why people continue to think that. He is the face of the franchise, and he is still a fairly good player. He just has shit to play with. You can tell the difference when he was playing with Jokinin vs Cammeleri.

Flames are just trying to move a big chunk of cap. I don't think this is the start of the blow up yet, but rather a way to resign Alex Tanguay.
      All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Ravin
        Iginla is going no where. I really don't know why people continue to think that. He is the face of the franchise, and he is still a fairly good player. He just has shit to play with. You can tell the difference when he was playing with Jokinin vs Cammeleri.

Flames are just trying to move a big chunk of cap. I don't think this is the start of the blow up yet, but rather a way to resign Alex Tanguay.
        That could be a possibility as well. I still think that, by the time this team is done rebuilding, it will be past Iginla's prime. The best way to rebuild is to trade him.

I don't think he will be traded, but the rumor mill is going to start churning.

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

I do agree that Calgary will not be competitive before Iginla's days are basically over as an effective top line player.

Comment

• Ravin
            Dishing the Gino's
            • Feb 2009

He will be gone by the time the team gets back to being a top team, but I just don't see them making that move unless Iginla says "I want to win a cup, please move me to another team."
            All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Calgary Flames defenceman Robyn Regehr has reportedly agreed to waive his no-move clause and accept a trade to the Buffalo Sabres.

The specifics of the trade are not yet known but forward Ales Kotalik is expected to be involved as well.

Regehr finished with 17 points and a plus-2 rating in 79 games this season. The 31-year-old defenceman has 163 points in 11 seasons.

The 32-year-old Kotalik spent last season between Calgary and the Flames' AHL affiliate Abbotsford, recording six points in 26 games in Calgary.

Regehr had originally held off on waiving his no-move clause to accept a trade to Buffalo but later changed his mind. Sabres owner Terry Pegula was reportedly very influential in Regehr's eventual decision.

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

Acquired defenseman Chris Butler and forward Paul Byron from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for defenseman Robyn Regehr, forward Ales Kotalik and a second-round pick in the 2012 draft.

From TSN's transaction page

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Ravin
                  Acquired defenseman Chris Butler and forward Paul Byron from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for defenseman Robyn Regehr, forward Ales Kotalik and a second-round pick in the 2012 draft.

From TSN's transaction page
                  I find it very interesting that Buffalo is adding salary, but it looks like their new owner is committed and has money to spend.

Now that they added a great defender in Regehr, they need to hope that Thomas Vanek can step up and be the $7 million a season player they want him to be, or move to upgrade the offense.

Comment

• Ravin
                    Dishing the Gino's
                    • Feb 2009

New owner said in hockey news article that he is going to spend. He is worth a ton of money and retired, so this is for his own enjoyment, and he wants to make a winner. He will spend the money he needs to.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Madman55
                      • Nov 2008

I'm not really sure what to think about this. I don't mind Regehr, but giving up Butler for him could be big in a few years and bringing Kotalik back now after he spent the last half of last year in the AHL I don't really like. But the guys he played with in Buffalo are all still there.

Comment

Working...