Chael Sonnen Video Interview (Entertainment)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epidemik
    Commitment to Excellence
    • Jul 2009

Chael Sonnen Video Interview (Entertainment)

Entertainment

<object width="400" height="346" id="AOLVP_1041225706001" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://o.aolcdn.com/videoplayer/AOL_PlayerLoader.swf"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashvars" value="stillurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpdl%2Estream%2Eaol%2E com%2Fpdlext%2Faol%2Fbrightcove%2Faolmaster%2F1612 833736%2F1612833736%5F1041549440001%5Fari%2Dorigin 29%2Darc%2D140%2D1310041759519%2Ejpg%3FpubId%3D161 2833736&videoid=1041225706001&codever=1&publisheri d=1612833736&playerid=61371447001"></param><embed src="http://o.aolcdn.com/videoplayer/AOL_PlayerLoader.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#000000" width="400" height="346" name="AOLVP_1041225706001" flashvars="stillurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpdl%2Estream%2Eao l%2Ecom%2Fpdlext%2Faol%2Fbrightcove%2Faolmaster%2F 1612833736%2F1612833736%5F1041549440001%5Fari%2Dor igin29%2Darc%2D140%2D1310041759519%2Ejpg%3FpubId%3 D1612833736&videoid=1041225706001&codever=1&publis herid=1612833736&playerid=61371447001"></embed></object>

• SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

Is there ANYWAY to sneak Sonnen on the UFC: Rio card?

Wanderlei, you are an immigrant from Brazil. I am a gangster from America. Are you sure you wanna play that game with me? Listen Wanderlei, I will do a home invasion on you. I will cut the power to your house and the next thing you'll hear is me climbing up your stairs in a pair of night vision goggles I bought in the back of Soldier of Fortune magazine. I'll pick the lock to the master room door, take a picture of you in bed with the Nogueira brothers working on your "jiu-jitsu". I'll take said quote unquote photograph, post it at www.dorksfrombrazil.com, password - not required, username - not required. That, Wanderlei, is how you threaten someone. Dummy.

Because he's scared and he sucks. This guy's delusional, this guy thinks his 22 wins in Pride were real. With a referee with an earpiece. Look Wanderlei, you didn't win those fights in Japan. (looks at camera) You had one fight in Japan, dummy! It was with Crazy Horse Bennett and you got knocked out!

You have to understand. If I say something in a very private manner that isn't intended for a certain audience, come on, you can't hold that against me. I picked my medium very carefully when I talked about Brazil. I went to the internet. And if I had the foggiest idea that they had computers in Brazil, I wouldn't have done that.

I was in Las Vegas when the Nogueira brothers first touched down in America.There was a bus, this is a true story. There was a bus that pulled up to a red light, and Little Nog tried to feed it a carrot, while Big Nog was petting it. He thought it was a horse. This really happened. He tried to feed a bus a carrot, and now you're telling me this country has computers? I didn't know that!

I want an easy fight. Anderson Silva or Wanderlei Silva. Either of the Silvas. Bigfoot Silva. They all suck. Give me a Silva

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

lololol @ the carrots.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Liquidrob
        Izzy is a bum
        • Feb 2009

That wasn't chael, it was clearly a hispanic
        Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
          Beautiful Like Moses
          • Oct 2008

What a faggot.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
            Nasty
            • Nov 2008

Best interview I've ever seen in my life. BUT, he was face to face with Wand and didn't have anything to say...

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
              Best interview I've ever seen in my life. BUT, he was face to face with Wand and didn't have anything to say...
              Because hes a bigger fraud then anyone he throws shots at. When faced by Wandy he went into a shell like a little bitch.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                Because hes a bigger fraud then anyone he throws shots at. When faced by Wandy he went into a shell like a little bitch.
                Truth. Wandy warned him to watch his mouth.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xir5HN24e8[/ame]

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                  Nasty
                  • Nov 2008

I dunno if I'd call him a fraud, he's a smart guy and goes over the top on purpose. He also has the balls to say what most fighters won't. Anderson not wanting to fight Chael or Okami is true. Fights being fixed in Pride is true. The whole thing about fighters being out of their prime was also a solid point. Anytime a great fighter loses, the response is always 'oh he's just out of his prime now.' But, many fail to look at the big picture. If you take Wand for example, and I have a lot of respect for him, but these losses aren't because he's out of his prime. The losses are mostly due to him fighting so recklessly and consistently leaving his chin wide open.

If you go back to his fights in Pride, he didn't fight like this, he was much more methodical. It'd be hard to imagine that he'd have the success he had back then fighting the way he is now.

I'm not trying to diss Wand either, because he's still a great fighter. He just has to start fighting like he used to, going back to the style that made him such a great champ.

Behind all the jokes, there's some truth to what Chael is saying. But, most usually don't like people who don't try to walk on egg shells.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

I'd love to sit down and just see how much of this is a gimmick, or shtick....and how much of this he deep down believes is the truth.

It's funny Ariel didn't bring up the issue of Chael getting licensed. Sure, he's not suspended anymore but California has made it clear, before they ever license him again, they want him to go before them and explain his past lies/show remorse. So, it's very likely that CA, NV, NJ and the commissions that align themselves with that group will not license him causing the UFC to need to commission shop. Hence why Sonnen/Stann is going to take place in Houston where one of the most lax commissions are.

Plus, I'd love someone to ask him if he's working on his submission defense. Or if he has some sort of mental block because he's been able to physical dominate (to a degree) certain guys, but then he ends up being submitted. Filho and And1 most definitely and even Maia pulled off the awesome takedown/sub.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                      • Jul 2009

Mamba has a point, Wanderlei fights much too reckless now and the effects are compounded since his chin is gone. He can't walk through heavy shots anymore.

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                      Plus, I'd love someone to ask him if he's working on his submission defense. Or if he has some sort of mental block because he's been able to physical dominate (to a degree) certain guys, but then he ends up being submitted. Filho and And1 most definitely and even Maia pulled off the awesome takedown/sub.
                      Sonnen simply thinks BJJ is gay and won't train it.
                      My hands are heavy and most importantly they are very fast. I have been called the fastest white man alive. I don't work submissions and not because I am trying to prove something I'm just frankly not very good at 'em. I am very good at getting away. I've never fought anybody whether it was in practice or competition who could hold me down. Even if I thought I could get a submission I'm not laying underneath a grown man with my legs spread on worldwide T.V. Some guys subscribe to that theory but I am a Republican and we don't do that.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
                        I dunno if I'd call him a fraud, he's a smart guy and goes over the top on purpose. He also has the balls to say what most fighters won't. Anderson not wanting to fight Chael or Okami is true. Fights being fixed in Pride is true. The whole thing about fighters being out of their prime was also a solid point. Anytime a great fighter loses, the response is always 'oh he's just out of his prime now.' But, many fail to look at the big picture. If you take Wand for example, and I have a lot of respect for him, but these losses aren't because he's out of his prime. The losses are mostly due to him fighting so recklessly and consistently leaving his chin wide open.

If you go back to his fights in Pride, he didn't fight like this, he was much more methodical. It'd be hard to imagine that he'd have the success he had back then fighting the way he is now.

I'm not trying to diss Wand either, because he's still a great fighter. He just has to start fighting like he used to, going back to the style that made him such a great champ.

Behind all the jokes, there's some truth to what Chael is saying. But, most usually don't like people who don't try to walk on egg shells.
                        The thing is I would like to LOVE a guy like Chael... its good for hype, and entertaining.. and can provide a good laugh. But I genuinely believe this guy is a piece of shit douche who talks a big game till hes faced with his talk (Like Wandy), I absolutely hate that shit. Sonnen is like a real life E-Thug.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                          Nasty
                          • Nov 2008

Chael Sonnen stepped in the cage with the best fighter in the world, there's nothing e-thug about that.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                            Beautiful Like Moses
                            • Oct 2008

He is the definition of e-thug in real life.. Wandy showed it. Chael had nothing to say when Wandy was face to face with him.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

When did he first start talking shit about Wanderlei? I know he talked about the Nogueiras in the build to the Anderson fight.

Comment

Working...