This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

Not surprised at Madrid working the Sperz... but I am a touch surprised at Inter getting rolled by Schalke. They clearly aren't the same side without Mourinho, but Schalke isn't even a top German club this season. They aren't even in a European spot in the Bundesliga right now...

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
      Late to the party.
      • Jun 2009

Ray Wilkins is easily the worst commentator in the world. Who knew it could get worse than Gray?
      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Especially since the White Pele nickname is already taken!

Comment

• kyhadley
          Carefree
          • Oct 2008

COME ON CHELSEA

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

I'm kinda hoping that Chelsea and Man U somehow manage a double-elimination, so that when Shakhtar downs Barcelona, they can move straight into the finale against Schalke.

Comment

• kyhadley
              Carefree
              • Oct 2008

Fuck.

Really sloppy so far from what seems like everyone besides Bosingwa.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                I Can Score Goals
                • Dec 2008

Stonewall pen, Evra didn't get any ball whatsoever

Comment

• Sharkweather
                  • Jul 2009

Not sure how that isn't called on Evra.

Comment

• kyhadley
                    Carefree
                    • Oct 2008

Ugh. Ridiculous.

Didn't get any less sloppy in the second half, gave it away unnecessarily countless number of times.

Man U has one good chance and scores on it, we have numerous and can't do shit.

That should absolutely have been a penalty at the end there. Bull fucking shit.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                      Late to the party.
                      • Jun 2009

LeBron James acquires minority stake in Liverpool

Ha

Comment

• calgaryballer
                        Tiote!
                        • Mar 2009

I know some of you guys subscribe to the Guardians Football Weekly pod (the best Footie show out there if you don't). I also subscribe to a number of their other shows (all good stuff) and gave this one from two weeks ago a listen today. It's Jonathon Wilson (of Inverting the Pyramid and all around tactics guru fame) going to Poland to discuss the past of Polish football, and the future in the face of Euro 2012.

Lots of good interviews, some history of Polish football, discussion on hooliganism and corruption, etc. I expect some will say 'who cares about Polish footie?' and the answer is I do. Any footie discussion is interesting, and Wilson is a brain when it comes to the game

Guardian Focus podcast: The future of Polish football | World news | guardian.co.uk

Six years after writing Behind the Curtain and finding Polish football at all time low, Jonathan Wilson returns to see how preparations for the 2012 European Championships are progressing.

Back in 2005, interest in the beautiful game was zero - but this wasn't always the case. Jonathan meets the leader of the Solidarity movement and the first president of post-communist Poland. Lech Walesa, who explains how football was a symbol of resistance against the ruling Communist party.

After 1989, Polish football has mirrored the wild-west capitalism which dominates other walks of life. The sport has been plagued with match-fixing, the involvement of organised crime, and violence in the stands. Jonathan meets fans of Legia Warsaw, Ruch Chorzów striker Pawel Abbott, and legendary player Grzegorz Lato, now president of the Polish FA, to find out what's being done to clean up Polish football.

Jonathan examines the new stadiums and tournament infrastructure which Poles hope will lead to a new era of football, which will symbolise a confident and prosperous new Poland.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

I subscribe to The Guardian Focus podcast as well, pleasantly surprised with that one. Very good.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                            I Can Score Goals
                            • Dec 2008

Dani Alves :applause:

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                              I Can Score Goals
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KNUBB's Lost Hand
                              I tried playing soccer once, but the refs kept calling hand ball on me
                              Begone, this is not the thread for your foolishness.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                                Probably owns the site
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                                "They have 18 championships. Someday I'd like to do the same."

Comment

Working...