• Dec 2008

Words can not describe how pleased I am Ngog turned down Sunderland :heart:

Also don't worry about wingers mgo, Nzogbia will be ours soon enough :D

Comment

• Survivor
      Sporting Spirit
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
      Words can not describe how pleased I am Ngog turned down Sunderland :heart:

Also don't worry about wingers mgo, Nzogbia will be ours soon enough :D
      Is that a for sure thing? I heard that they were suppose to talk more this coming week to iron things out.

Comment

• Survivor
        Sporting Spirit
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
        I've heard the exact opposite. But I honestly can't understand why you want to keep him around. He just hasn't developed into the player we thought he'd be. At least Lucas was making progress, and developed. Sell him and us the funds elsewhere. Kenny obviously doesn't rate him, so let him go elsewhere.

Looks like Adam and Downing are going to be confirmed early this week if reports are true. We're also currently bidding for Alex Chamberlin as well as Connor Wickham.

Apparently Sunderland are going head to head with us for Wickham. If you're Wickham, why would you go to a club that just sold it's brightest young star?

As for N'Zogbia, do not want.
        The only thing I could come up with is perhaps Sunderland would offer more playing time for Wickham to develop, and when the time is right and he's ready it's obvious that Sunderland would let him go wherever he chooses (Bent/Henderson).

Comment

• Champ
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

Lavezzi being linked to Man City. Trezeguet being linked to Napoli as a backup.

Comment

• Rudi
            #CyCueto
            • Nov 2008

I can't wait to see who City ends up getting out of this. I know its not prolly not gunna be Ronaldo, etc. But they have the money clearly to get some good players. Already pumped for the start of the premier league in a few months!

Comment

• calgaryballer
              Tiote!
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
              McClaren to Forest.

That's a good catch for Forest. I honestly thought McClaren would be in the Premiership this season.
              Considering McLeish is now the favorite for the Villa job, it just shows how stupid some teams are. I'd rather have a go with McClaren, who had a great time in Twente and a bit of a rough go in Wolfsburg over a guy who plays such dour football. Sure, he won the Carling last year, but I do not enjoy Mcleish's teams

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Vfdx7LEh4&[/ame]

sloppy defending but a stunner of a shot.

Comment

• PP
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by killgod
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Vfdx7LEh4&

sloppy defending but a stunner of a shot.
                  That was a cross that was lucky to go in imo. not sure why keller was cheating so far nearpost either. Bad defending, bad goalkeeper positioning too. Sick goal however.

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

He hit just right. Power, bend, and upper 90.... So fuckin magical it might have been accidental. Lol

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PP
                      That was a cross that was lucky to go in imo. not sure why keller was cheating so far nearpost either. Bad defending, bad goalkeeper positioning too. Sick goal however.
                      No way it was an intended cross. Doubt Keller really had any idea since he probably didn't expect Hassli to have the ball at that moment.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlhV0iCsgM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

lulz. (Coach of the Timbers FYI)

Comment

• calgaryballer
                          Tiote!
                          • Mar 2009

I have been meaning to post this for a couple weeks now, but keep forgetting. I know most everyone on here loves long form journalism, and Jonathon Wilson (Inverting the Pyramid) has hooked up some of the best football writers out there to release the Blizzard.

I am still in the middle of reading Issue Zero, and it's fucking awesome. 188 pages of high quality journalism about topics that never get a full due. Things like Simon Kuper on how the changing face of Dutch football is reflected in Dutch society. A multi page look at the origins of St Pauli. A 10 page interview with Guus Hiddink

Writers include -
                          J Wilson
                          Michael Cox
                          Rafa Horningstein
                          Rob Smythe
                          Uli Hesse

Basically, it's a lot of the Guardian writers, plus many others

It's £3 a quarter (only 4 issues/year), so I think it's a pretty fair price. If you are a mega cheap prick, send me a PM and I can let you have the issues. I will judge hard, and lose any respect I may of ever had for you. So keep that in mind. I know everyone on here has some sort of job and a credit card, and I think $20 a year is a bargain

Here are the highlights of Issue 1
                          • Sid Lowe interviewing Pep Guardiola's mentor Juanma Lillo
                          • Tim Vickery asking 'What's the Point in Football Writing?'
                          • Dominic Sandbrook comparing Don Revie to Richard Nixon
                          • David Winner talking to Dennis Bergkamp
                          • Jonathan Wilson looking back at Victorio Spinetto, the first Bilardista
                          • James Montague on the story of Israel's first national team

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                            Late to the party.
                            • Jun 2009

I actually looked at some of the previews they have on the website a few weeks ago. Looks really good, haven't bought it yet, waiting for payday.
                            Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                            If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

I'd love the sexy hardcovers, but £50 plus shipping was a bit hefty.

Comment

• 1ke
                                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                                • Mar 2009

El #Chileno Alexis Sanchez sera jugador de #MUFC para la proxima temporada...por £27 millones .@razaespn
                                Means United have bought Sanchez for 27 mil. Has to be fake right?

Comment

Working...