X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Obst
    RIP West
    • Oct 2008

With Real, Chelsea and Barcelona all among those rumoured to be interested in the 19-year-old, it looked as though Neymar's time in Brazil was coming to an end, but it has now emerged that this may not be the case. And his president, Oliviera, has now confirmed his plan is to keep the precocious young star.

"He will stay at Santos. It is not safe, but that is my intention, my objective," he told AS. "I have talked a lot with his father, and now we will resume those conversations. It does not make sense he leaves now.

"I have spoken with Real Madrid's president [Florentino Perez] a few times, I told him that Neymar is indispensable to us and for at least the next six months.
    - ESPN

And none other than Ronaldinho got a hat-trick to beat Santos in that game lol

Comment

• Rudi
      #CyCueto
      • Nov 2008

"I like tricks, I like to dazzle, I like to be able to score a goal with one leg bent round the other so that you smack the ball into the net with your wrong foot. Dribbling and leaving your opponent on his backside is what life is for."
      - Sergio Aguero

Comment

• Prodigal Son
        The Greatest
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod

Smallest pro player in the world was massive tonight with a pair.

A shame our backup keeper Kocic flubbed it and gave them one back, but I'm certain we'll get through the 2nd leg and on to the next round.

Esteli is pish, but we looked quite fantastic tonight. I hope it carries into this weekend's match vs Portland.
        Dude, you guys have the easiest route to the Champions League, it's sickening. At least now vancouver has a chance as well. Only Puerto Rico has it easier.

Comment

• Rudi
          #CyCueto
          • Nov 2008

Comment

• citizenerased
            Rugby World Cup Champion
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Survivor
            This. SAFC is an exciting team to follow, tho sometimes frustrating, and the Geordies are worthless f0cks if I've ever seen such.

On a serious note, I find being a fan of a smaller EPL team to be quite rewarding. As I started to follow the league after going over there I faced the tough decision of pledging allegiance to Fulham or Sunderland and chose the team I had seen play at home. Sure, they might not be winning the EPL league every year or even be pressing for it, but highs are a lot higher when they don't happen as often. Following a team as they make the climb just feels amazing. EUROPE HERE WE COME!!!! haaa
            Have you ever seen a Mackem in Milan?
            Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Sigona
              When he came to NY with Toronto I saw him stand next to the 6'1'' Henry and started to laugh.
              rofl @ this pic with Plata (5'2) and Iro (6'5)

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
                Dude, you guys have the easiest route to the Champions League, it's sickening. At least now vancouver has a chance as well. Only Puerto Rico has it easier.
                Considering how much the US clubs don't take the US Open Cup all that serious, I mean a USL team is in the final 4 this year(up against fucking Chicago to boot...)...it really isn't THAT much harder than the Canadian Championship tournament.

I mean if Chicago wins it they'll have beaten some shit USL club, NYRB's reserves of their reserves, Richmond Kickers, and either Dallas or Seattle in the final.

I mean really?

Comment

• calgaryballer
                  Tiote!
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
                  Venkys own Blackburn.
                  Fail

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                    I literally know nothing.
                    • Jul 2009

I guess Everton is trying to push for a loan deal with Shiteh for Adam Johnson.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                      Late to the party.
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by citizenerased
                      Have you ever seen a Mackem in Milan?
                      Shola Ameobi has scored more European goals than Sunderland A.F.C.
                      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                        Tiote!
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
                        I guess Everton is trying to push for a loan deal with Shiteh for Adam Johnson.
                        Saw that too. If they can get him that's awesome. Just don't know why city are keen to send him away. Playing as an outside in winger on the right, he looked very dangerous. Figured silva left, Johnson right, aguero as the second striker and tevez up top

Comment

• killgod
                          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                          • Oct 2008

fuckin Kocic...what a tard.

Comment

• Chrispy
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Dec 2008

Just a little info

U.S. SOCCER
                            FIFA has finalized the dates for the 2014 World Cup. The tournament will run from June 12-July 13 in Brazil.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
                              Yeah well this is Citeh we're talking about. That lineup while making perfect sense, and by all accounts one of the best attacking squads in the league, will never be seen on the pitch for some reason. Instead Tevez will bitch and moan and finally get his ticket out of Manchester, Balotelli will continue to get chance after chance to play in place of Johnson, and City will again be forced to struggle for draws while playing that negative Italian brand of football.

For the record, I'm a Johnson fan, and I had really hoped we'd be in for him this summer.
                              Yeah, I really like Johnson too. He's got awareness and poise and he knows what to do with the ball when he is in the attacking zone. I wish City played him more.

I'd be fine with shipping Mario back to Italy, if anyone there will still have him that is.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                                I'd be fine with shipping Mario back to Italy, if anyone there will still have him that is.
                                I have no doubt that there are clubs in Italy that would love to have Balotelli, for all his flaws. Cassano always found a place and he was probably worse. The question becomes whether clubs will pay any significant amount of money for him (since City usually seems keen to recover transfer costs). Even worse, he's on huge wages, which few clubs can afford to pay. That will make it really tough and limit the options.

I always thought that Inter being willing to sell Balotelli for a decent but not huge sum said a lot about the kid. Home-grown kid with almost unlimited potential and they let him go for about 20m Euros? There are some stories that make him seem like an awesome dude... then stuff that just makes you think he doesn't get it.

Comment

Working...