• Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
    Brek Shea = Generation Addidas.

He will be in Europe in 2 years max.

I like Jurgy K. Alot. When asked what the chances were that US wins a WC, he said none. Lol Finally the thing that people needed to hear the most.

Also, I had to LOL at Lalas' stupid ass. Bob Ley asked him how close America was to Mexico. He said they are not that far away. Hmmmmm, lets see. Mexico just beat that ass in the Gold Cup, are in the Final rounds of the U-20 WC, and just fucking Won the U-17's. Stupid ass.....
    Brek Shea is my guy now ha.

I don't think the US can win the WC but I think they have the ability up top with guys like Shea, Donovan, Bradley, Altidore, Agudelo to do damage down the line. The problem is the US is REALLY weak in the back.

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

^^^^ Damage sure, but by time that happens, Donovan, Bradley, and anyone over the age of 22 will have no part of it. US needs a solid 6-8 years to catch up. Just a fact of soccer in this country. The U-20's didnt even make the WC. Talk about being behind the 8-ball.

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
        ^^^^ Damage sure, but by time that happens, Donovan, Bradley, and anyone over the age of 22 will have no part of it. US needs a solid 6-8 years to catch up. Just a fact of soccer in this country. The U-20's didnt even make the WC. Talk about being behind the 8-ball.
        By down the line I mean more along the lines of the next WC and 3-5 years or so. While the US is trailing in the lower levels I think what the US does have is a massive base of athletic talent to pull from in the country and if Jurgen can do anything at the youth level and truly get a system and program going he will have the raw materials to do so.

Then again you could say that about any US coach in recent memory..except I think Jurgen has the chops to do it.

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I keep getting horrible flashes of Castillo playing in the back in tonight's game....it was awful...

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
            By down the line I mean more along the lines of the next WC and 3-5 years or so. While the US is trailing in the lower levels I think what the US does have is a massive base of athletic talent to pull from in the country and if Jurgen can do anything at the youth level and truly get a system and program going he will have the raw materials to do so.

Then again you could say that about any US coach in recent memory..except I think Jurgen has the chops to do it.
            Your post is 90% correct, except for that part.

By down the line, I was thinking 4-8 years. At least 2 WCs, and if they ever do get there, I will be interested to see if Jurgy is still in charge.

He is very smart, and if there was anyone to do it, it would be him. But he is going to neeeeeed time.

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Shea - Agudelo - Torres - Hamid - Chandler will be the future.

Also, they need to get the Americans to actually play for America. Fuck the shit that is Guiseppi Rossi going to play for Italy after being born and raised in Jersey, or Nevin Subotic going to play for Serbia after coming up and playing in the USMNT youth teams.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

As others have said Brek Shea was pretty good tonight. I only caught the last 25-30 minutes but he looked good as did Donovan and Agudelo. I think Robbie Rogers provided really good energy off the bench and I think he could do well as a sub late in games where he comes on and basically plays how he did today.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                  Late to the party.
                  • Jun 2009

Good recovery from the US, going to be interesting to see how the team shapes up with Dempsey, Holden, Altidore, Edu and Chandler.

Waiting for Ben Arfa and Suarez to get fit, then switching them for Barton/Carroll.
                  Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                  If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Obst
                    RIP West
                    • Oct 2008

Comment

• Obst
                      RIP West
                      • Oct 2008

Btw Brek Shea was brilliant off the bench tonight, he really sparked the teams offense and was making some good runs. Kyle Beckerman looked pretty good too, I was happy with his performance. On the other hand Edgar Eduardo Castillo played horrible at left back, he made some really terrible decisions tonight, left a lot of us scratching our head. Michael Bradley looked pretty bad too, he didn't move around and just looked lost with the ball. Overall I was pretty impressed considering we didn't have Dempsey, Altidore, Adu, and some others. Jurgen really made them press in the second half and they looked clearly better than Mexico.

Also Mexican fans are so fucking classless. After Rogers scored, a Mexican behind us started throwing beer on everyone and flipping us off. And when Donovan was leaving the field, he was clapping and looking at the US fans and a Mexican fan threw a bottle right off his head. Fuck them.

Comment

• Chrispy
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 1ke

Also, they need to get the Americans to actually play for America. Fuck the shit that is Guiseppi Rossi going to play for Italy after being born and raised in Jersey, or Nevin Subotic going to play for Serbia after coming up and playing in the USMNT youth teams.
                        It should be where u are born, that's who u have to play for, i thought it was that way...

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                          I literally know nothing.
                          • Jul 2009

Comment

• Rudi
                            #CyCueto
                            • Nov 2008

Comment

• Rudi
                              #CyCueto
                              • Nov 2008

Alotta media outlets are reporting Samir Nasri to City for 23M. I won't believe it until its official, but damn if this happens...Nasri and Silva setting up Aguero and Dzeko will be faptasic. I can't wait for the opener on Monday!

Comment

• wingsfan77
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by 1ke

Chandler might be leaving too, unfortunately because he looked pretty good in the couple matches he played.

Comment

Working...