• Rudi
    #CyCueto
    • Nov 2008

Yeah we didn't overpay for Nasri IMO.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

I always did like Nasri. My only question is where the fuck are we gonna find room for all these guys?

It was already crowded enough last season, this year the cup overfloweth.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Its not an extravagent price. Its in the area of the market value for him. But its not really giving any sort of discount for the fact that he has a year left on his contract, so after this season, he could be had for zero. That usually results in a price discount. But it isn't here. A lot of buying clubs could use that contract issue to leverage the selling club down. Citeh doesn't seem to be able to.

Comment

• wr50l
          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
          I always did like Nasri. My only question is where the fuck are we gonna find room for all these guys?

It was already crowded enough last season, this year the cup overfloweth.
          Well let's face it a lot of your players are shite.

Wright-Phillips, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Bellamy, Weiss all gone.

Play something like this.

Hart
          Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
          Toure, De Jong, Barry
          Nasri, Silva
          Aguero

With plenty of options on the bench.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
            I literally know nothing.
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
            To be honest you were going to get humped anyway so at least it gives you another week to try and sign a player.
            Hey, we got a new website design. That was our big spending spree this season.

Comment

• wr50l
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              Its not an extravagent price. Its in the area of the market value for him. But its not really giving any sort of discount for the fact that he has a year left on his contract, so after this season, he could be had for zero. That usually results in a price discount. But it isn't here. A lot of buying clubs could use that contract issue to leverage the selling club down. Citeh doesn't seem to be able to.
              He's worth £25-35m if he's got two more years on his contract right now, don't be mental man.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Well let's face it a lot of your players are shite.

Wright-Phillips, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Bellamy, Weiss all gone.

Play something like this.

Hart
                Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
                Toure, De Jong, Barry
                Nasri, Silva
                Aguero

With plenty of options on the bench.
                Yeah SWP is as good as gone. As for your proposed lineup, it looks good but I'd rather swap out Dzeko for Barry and get more attacking options in there.

Comment

• wr50l
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
                  Hey, we got a new website design. That was our big spending spree this season.
                  Since you've already said this, does this mean Moyes has just added his second acquisition of the summer?

Comment

• wingsfan77
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
                    Freddy coming back to the MLS is a great coup. Good for him. Maybe the Philly fans can chime in if he is needed or not, but he MUST play, regardless of where he went. Adu sitting right behind Mwanga will be tits for sure.
                    I think it depends on where he plays, the Union haven't had the same starting 11 for more than 2 games in a row all year. They have an over abundance of midfielders, what they desperately need is a striker who can finish (ala Ruiz) because nobody else has been consistently finishing all year.

Comment

• wr50l
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                      Yeah SWP is as good as gone. As for your proposed lineup, it looks good but I'd rather swap out Dzeko for Barry and get more attacking options in there.
                      Well ok but when Man United pack the midfield and Park Ji Sung of all people looks like a stud in a 1-0 victory you'll start to wonder if Nasri and Silva can be relied upon to play all aspects of the most important area of the pitch.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                        I literally know nothing.
                        • Jul 2009

Since you've already said this, does this mean Moyes has just added his second acquisition of the summer?
                        I know I've said it already. The only things Everton have done this offseason is get Eric Dier on loan again and make the website (this is where I think the Pienaar money went). They won't make another move unless they sell someone.

Comment

• wr50l
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
                          I know I've said it already. The only things Everton have done this offseason is get Eric Dier on loan again and make the website (this is where I think the Pienaar money went). They won't make another move unless they sell someone.
                          Moyes just biding his time until Sir Alex moves into retirement. At least with him you'll always outperform your budget.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Well ok but when Man United pack the midfield and Park Ji Sung of all people looks like a stud in a 1-0 victory you'll start to wonder if Nasri and Silva can be relied upon to play all aspects of the most important area of the pitch.
                            I suppose that's true. Just let me think about this in FIFA 12 terms, okay?

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                              • Feb 2009

He's worth £25-35m if he's got two more years on his contract right now, don't be mental man.
                              £35m or a bit better is what they are reportedly trying to get out of Barcelona for Cesc. Much as I like Nasri, I can't say he's worth the same as Fabregas. £25-30m is more like it. Maybe you can leverage a bit above £30m if the player is completely settled and not trying to move (and contract is no issue at all).

£25m is about what Citeh paid for David Silva, which I think is a comparable buy. So if Arsenal are going to get about £24m for Nasri with his contract situation, I don't really see that as a bargain buy.

Honestly, as Gooner, I'm not too worried about what they get for Nasri. Wenger could get £200m for Nasri and Cesc, and we'd still probably only see them spend £10m on an 18-year old prospect. If the money was going to go right back into replacements, I might be concerned.

Comment

• wr50l
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                                £35m or a bit better is what they are reportedly trying to get out of Barcelona for Cesc. Much as I like Nasri, I can't say he's worth the same as Fabregas. £25-30m is more like it. Maybe you can leverage a bit above £30m if the player is completely settled and not trying to move (and contract is no issue at all).

£25m is about what Citeh paid for David Silva, which I think is a comparable buy. So if Arsenal are going to get about £24m for Nasri with his contract situation, I don't really see that as a bargain buy.

Honestly, as Gooner, I'm not too worried about what they get for Nasri. Wenger could get £200m for Nasri and Cesc, and we'd still probably only see them spend £10m on an 18-year old prospect. If the money was going to go right back into replacements, I might be concerned.
                                I can't believe Wenger isn't going to change his tactics slightly here. I think for the first time the pressure is most definitely on him (18 months to turn things back in the right direction) and I'd be surprised if we didn't finally see Arsenal making the right decisions. I'm sure he will get a big, strong and proven(ish) centre back who can play the English game and with the rest of the kitty find a player who can fill in for what's being lost in the midfield.

The thing that has got Cesc his move finally, in my opinion, is the emergence of Jack Wilshere, and I know he'll be excellent for Arsenal this season.

Comment

Working...