This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

Wow, that was absolutely bullshit by Barton. How the fuck is that deserving of a redcard? Clear dive by Gervinho and then Barton reacts to do something far worse?

Comment

• Lanteri
      No longer a noob
      • Feb 2009

lol, that's awful officiating right there.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Barton instigates the entire thing by going after Gervinho, then pretends he got punched. Classy.

Shit like that makes me not want to even bother with the EPL anymore, to be honest. I'd rather watch Bundesliga...

Comment

• Sharkweather
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
          I have DirecTv. What's the best option to add on to my Choice Xtra package to get the best soccer set up for me?
          Fox Soccer Channel? No idea since I've never had DirecTV, but that is a solid channel to have.

Comment

• wr50l
            Glen & CJ are secret Huns
            • Oct 2008

The irony of Barton complaining of a dive then doing it five seconds later is surely too complicated for his pea-brain to comprehend.

And to get sent off for defending yourself while being ragdolled by a violent criminal as well ...

Woe is me.

Comment

• Obst
              RIP West
              • Oct 2008

That was a real bitch move by Barton. I understand Gervinho getting possibly a yellow for taking the dive and laying there, but Barton should of been thrown off for grabbing Gervinho up by his neck and then starting that whole scrum.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                • Feb 2009

Great work by Joey Barton and Peter Walton for managing to completely sour my enthusiasm for the new season there.

I'm sure Wenger will say he didn't see the incident and the FA will sit on their hands.

Comment

• wr50l
                  Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                  Great work by Joey Barton and Peter Walton for managing to completely sour my enthusiasm for the new season there.

I'm sure Wenger will say he didn't see the incident and the FA will sit on their hands.
                  Well, yeah they'll have to. All part of their respect the referee's decision philosophy. By making sure players shake hands before a game and not correcting a blatant mistake which allows a player to get away with violent conduct they will surely eradicate all the problems with respecting referees which could only be solved by whacky ideas such as, you know, backing referees and allowing them to punish even minor dissent or even adding technology like every other forward-thinking sports organization to make the world's fastest league a little bit slower.

Comment

• Rudi
                    #CyCueto
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                    I have DirecTv. What's the best option to add on to my Choice Xtra package to get the best soccer set up for me?
                    I was looking thru my channels earlier, theres the Fox Soccer channel and Fox soccer channel plus. Im not sure what package those are in but those are the channels you want

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                      Late to the party.
                      • Jun 2009

Not much I can say about Barton, Song and Gervinho were pretty inexcusable as well, but Barton's was obviously worse. Having said that, he's an important player for us and I'll take it, it worked in our advantage. Good result despite everything, we were desperately lacking Ben Arfa and Marveaux, but Obertan looked good.
                      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Rudi
                        #CyCueto
                        • Nov 2008

My predictions have been booty meat so far. Only got 10 points.

On the bright side Given had a shutout...Suarez scored a goal. Both on my fantasy squad. Too bad the points aren't updated right now

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                          Not much I can say about Barton, Song and Gervinho were pretty inexcusable as well, but Barton's was obviously worse. Having said that, he's an important player for us and I'll take it, it worked in our advantage. Good result despite everything, we were desperately lacking Ben Arfa and Marveaux, but Obertan looked good.
                          So taking the "its a blight on the game and one of the worst things about the sport but since its in our favor, that's fucking awesome!" tact, then?

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                            I literally know nothing.
                            • Jul 2009

Wow...you can get negative points in the prediction.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

That game was shit all around to watch. It hurt my eyes, and I fell asleep midway through the 1st half. Woke up to see Obertan come on, and look the most threatening, while Barton was actin a damn fool.

PS. That game sucked.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                                Late to the party.
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                                So taking the "its a blight on the game and one of the worst things about the sport but since its in our favor, that's fucking awesome!" tact, then?
                                "important player for us and I'll take it" = "fucking awesome"
                                Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

Working...