X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be embarrassed to have him. In fact, he'd be the number 2 reason for my boycott of the Toon Army, number 1 being the owner.

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

I just want all out there to know, I find him incredibly entertaining. I Lol'd today, as that was the best thing the match had to offer today.

That and Gervinho constantly running directly out of play after running right by the Newcastle fullbacks.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
        If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be embarrassed to have him. In fact, he'd be the number 2 reason for my boycott of the Toon Army, number 1 being the owner.
        This.

If an Arsenal player blatantly dives to win a penalty that earns a goal that wins the match, I feel disappointed in that win. Because I don't like diving. I don't dislike diving only when players from other clubs do it. I dislike it regardless, even when it has "positives" for my club. I get really annoyed when I see Chelsea players surround the referee to berate them constantly at everything. And Barcelona players. I didn't like seeing Arsenal players do it there, even though their arguments may have been justified.

Saying "he's an important player for us and I'll take it" obviously isn't saying "that is awesome that it happened" but its accepting that it happened and the positive consequences. Accepting it and looking at the bright side is part of the problem.

Don't get me wrong - that moment didn't cost Arsenal two points. Their inability to turn possession into quality scoring chances, and to convert what chances they did create, did. But that kind of moment is entirely reflective of what is wrong with the best league in the world.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
          Late to the party.
          • Jun 2009

Indeed. It was a pretty terrible moment for us and Joey, and Arsenal probably wouldn't have scored with eleven men, but it helped us. If Arsenal were on the verge of relegation or mid table, maybe you would think different. I would have certainly rather not had that happen, but I can see how it worked out for us, and we need all the points we can take. Not proud of it.
          Originally posted by mgoblue2290
          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Im bored, so Im still watching Norwich and Wigan, holy fuck what has gotten into Victor Moses. He has been killin today. Wonder if he can keep it up. Reaching his potential is he? He keeps this up, hell bring Wigan a pretty penny.

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Oh shit, Ill try to remember to do this for Saturdays too. Here is the lineup for ESPN 3 for tomorrow. You can watch them on your XBox 360s.

Ajax vs. Heerenveen
              FC Kaiserslautern vs. FC Augusburg
              Guimaraes vs. FC Porto
              Real Madrid vs. Barcelona (SPA)

Comment

• Rudi
                #CyCueto
                • Nov 2008

Does anyone have points yet on the fantasy league? I wanna see my goals from Suarez and Cahill

Comment

• Obst
                  RIP West
                  • Oct 2008

Anyone have FoxSoccer.tv? Is it worth the 20 dollars a month

Comment

• wr50l
                    • Oct 2008

Just watching Match of the Day.

Bolton looked excellent. I doubt they will be flirting with relegation at any point this year. QPR are going to need to add to their team because there's no way Taraabt can keep them up on his own. He did look very creative however despite having a so-so day.

Liverpool must be gutted with that result. I think Andy Carroll's goal should have stood, he barely touched the lad. Either way they will be disappointed not to have finished their chances in the 1st half when they were on top and they will be disappointed not to have played well at all in the 2nd half. Larson's goal was awesome, and I thought they played pretty well. No way Richardson should have been sent off, good call by the ref on something which would have drastically fudged up the game.

Arsenal, well it's all a bit predictable. Gervinho looked dynamic but had no end product on the day. Maybe he'll just need some games to settle with the scale of the expectation at Arsenal. They need to get more players in the bloody box, I think back to the champion teams and you always saw Ljunberg and Pires sneaking in at the backpost, these guys just stand around. One good thing for the Gunners is the goalie looked very commanding, although I wasn't much impressed with the centre backs who had almost nothing to do and couldn't even do that right. As for Newcastle, completely pumped, but they got away with it. And Barton should have seen red, as well as Song to be fair. For what it's worth I'm 50-50 on whether or not Arsenal should have had that penalty, Gervinho certainly didn't help his case with the dramatic acting.

If Wolves can get consistency this year from their squad, particularly guys like Hunt, Jarvis and Fletcher then they'll be alright. I doubt they can rest on their laurels though, they will be in the relegation fight. Blackburn, well they have some firepower, at least enough to beat the teams I expect them to be around. But I don't know if they will have the morale to push through and win those games. I can't see them finishing any higher than 16th and that's assuming they can add some players.

Fulham and Villa so boring. I think with McLeish Villa will be very pragmatic, and they do have enough firepower to win a lot of close games if they get rolling. Fulham are just a small club who keep on getting on with their jobs and finishing slightly above expectations.

Wigan and Norwich. Norwich have some spirit, and they'll need it to stay up. Definitely they are one of the primary teams considered for the drop, though I can see them surviving with a stroke of luck. Wigan should be alright as well. To be honest I've not much to say about Wigan, everything about them bores me.

Comment

• Rudi
                      #CyCueto
                      • Nov 2008

How many fantasy points yall got?

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                        I literally know nothing.
                        • Jul 2009

33 with Vidic, Nani, and Rooney left and I forgot to take Bale out.

Comment

• Rudi
                          #CyCueto
                          • Nov 2008

I got 27 with Richards and Silva left to play.

Comment

• wr50l
                            • Oct 2008

23 with Terry, Cech, lescott, Kompany. Mon the clean sheets.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                              I Can Score Goals
                              • Dec 2008

Meh disappointed with the result but still plenty to be optimistic about. I do think Adam should have took the pen and Andy's goal was good imo

Comment

• killgod
                                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                                • Oct 2008

massive 3 pts for TFC vs RSL tonight. time to get on a roll.

stupid faggot wr50l, told you to wager on it.

Comment

Working...