This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

Looks like the Nasri deal is really close to done. The rumor is that he's getting 200k/week... which is kinda insane if true.

Another Arsenal supporter on another board made a good point out the sale of Nasri and Fabregas. With indications that waiting it out really hasn't gained Arsenal much in terms of better deals, its really questionable whether they were smart to wait it out until the transfer window is almost over. That gives them little time to spend the money and bring in quality. Teams often dislike selling right as the season starts. If Arsenal would have agreed to sell Nasri and Cesc in June, that would have given a lot more time to sort things out.

Comment

• Rudi
      #CyCueto
      • Nov 2008

if we really pay him 200k a week. Im all for the transfer, but I don't wanna overpay for a dude who has shown flashes of brilliance but hasn't been dominant for a long period of time

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rudi
        if we really pay him 200k a week. Im all for the transfer, but I don't wanna overpay for a dude who has shown flashes of brilliance but hasn't been dominant for a long period of time
        I would be surprised if Citeh wasn't overpaying him on wages to some degree. Its one of the reasons they have been able to attract some of these players. Its also one of the reasons that some of the now-fringe players are virtually unsellable. Adebayor is likely going to go out on loan again (apparently with Citeh paying part of his wage) because he won't take a pay cut and clubs don't want to pay him what he's getting. Overpaying players creates an unsustainable situation and has consequences...

Comment

• Irish
          do you see my jesus chain
          • Oct 2008

So is Arsenal gonna bring anyone else in?

I am following Arsenal this year after getting my toes wet with only watching Serie A games last year and deciding to get into the whole EPL thing. Seems like a bad time to hop on with Arsenal. I see a lot of Arsenal fans online maybe hoping for Hazard.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Irish
            So is Arsenal gonna bring anyone else in?

I am following Arsenal this year after getting my toes wet with only watching Serie A games last year and deciding to get into the whole EPL thing. Seems like a bad time to hop on with Arsenal. I see a lot of Arsenal fans online maybe hoping for Hazard.
            Impossible to say. Arsenal are looking, no doubt. But they're always "looking". There are tons of names linked with the club (like most top clubs) and you can't really know what rumor has some legs and what is just randomly speculation from writers or fans.

In a basic sense, Arsenal can stand pat. Part of the reason that Wenger was willing to sell Fabregas is due to how good Wilshire looked last season. Before he had his leg broken, Ramsey looked even better than Wilshire. Both should develop into top-caliber players. The problem - and why buying no one is a painful thought - is that they are both young and there isn't that much depth behind them. So when someone gets hurt, the likes of Emmanuel Frimpong are going to be starters at key positions.

Becoming an Arsenal supporter now is no worse than anytime over the past 5-6 years. They will be good, play really nice football, win a lot of matches, and win no trophies.

Comment

• Chrispy
              Needs a hobby
              • Dec 2008

Manchester United Said to Plan $1 Billion Initial Share Sale in Singapore

Manchester United plans a $1 billion initial public offering in Singapore, two people familiar with the matter said, as the record 19-time English soccer champion seeks to cut debt that has fueled fan protest.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Barca and Madrid matches never fail to disappoint.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                  • Feb 2009

Yeah, looks like another cracking match. I shouldn't be following it online as I have it PVRing at home, but I can't resist.

Edit - I read about the Singapore stock exchange rumor yesterday. Don't know what to think about it. I kinda assume that since its the Glazer's, its probably sketchy and likely to hurt the club in the long run.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I have to come into the office Satruday morning but am looking forward to coming home and watching Arsenal vs Liverpool off the DVR.

Comment

• Chrispy
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Dec 2008

Just realized i get Gol TV, which has the Barca-Madrid match

I knew i got Fox soccer channel but not this channel.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                        Late to the party.
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                        I have to come into the office Satruday morning but am looking forward to coming home and watching Arsenal vs Liverpool off the DVR.
                        Newcastle/Sunderland this week as well, big Saturday.
                        Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                        If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

We have to get three points this saturday. Arsenal is missing so many players, our team just has to get it together and get the win.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                            I literally know nothing.
                            • Jul 2009

I don't get any soccer channels.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                              I Can Score Goals
                              • Dec 2008

Robben's goal was beaut.

Comment

• mgoblue2290