X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

Typical night of Scottish football in Europe. The Old Firm underperform and the other guys don't even hold onto respect.

Comment

• citizenerased
      Rugby World Cup Champion
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Survivor
      Can't wait for Saturday's Tyne-Wear Derby. All you Newcastle fans will be crying when Gyan and company run circles around your sorry asses! haaa
      Shola is coming.

No doubt you will be getting to the pub nice and early, like the rest of the Sunderland fanbase?
      Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• f16harm
        -
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
        Lol.

The fairy hides behind his big friends with titles in hand. I've never been a fan of any of his clubs, but he's earned the right to say whatever he wants to say.

He said he was going to get Barca out of their comfort zone and he has.
        really? Barca looked pretty comfortable raising yet another trophy while Real watched.

Comment

• 1ke
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by f16harm
          really? Barca looked pretty comfortable raising yet another trophy while Real watched.
          Sorry sir, but what were you watching. Barca were anything BUT comfy during the two games. In fact, Madrid were the better team easily in game 1, and were equal in game 2. They are exactly where they need to be I think. Some fine tuning, (meaning not allowing 4 goals on 8 shots) and they IMO will win the La Liga.

Also, what has happen to Ronnie/CR7/Pretty Boy/Skinny Ronaldo/Cristiano? At Manchester, he was feared, he could take on any player 1v1 and dominate. There was nobody able to stop him. Now, at Madrid, its like he is a completely different player. Still amazing, but Dani Alves had Ronnie in his pocket all game. The perfect gameplan, they pressured, and countered getting the ball to him as early as possible. Only issue....He couldnt beat Dani Alves, and he was still Madrid's most threatening player Madrid had.

Comment

• calgaryballer
            Tiote!
            • Mar 2009

Simon Vukčević to Rovers for 3 mil? No one else is interested in this kid?

Comment

• f16harm
              -
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
              Sorry sir, but what were you watching. Barca were anything BUT comfy during the two games. In fact, Madrid were the better team easily in game 1, and were equal in game 2. They are exactly where they need to be I think. Some fine tuning, (meaning not allowing 4 goals on 8 shots) and they IMO will win the La Liga.

Also, what has happen to Ronnie/CR7/Pretty Boy/Skinny Ronaldo/Cristiano? At Manchester, he was feared, he could take on any player 1v1 and dominate. There was nobody able to stop him. Now, at Madrid, its like he is a completely different player. Still amazing, but Dani Alves had Ronnie in his pocket all game. The perfect gameplan, they pressured, and countered getting the ball to him as early as possible. Only issue....He couldnt beat Dani Alves, and he was still Madrid's most threatening player Madrid had.
              You can make someone as uncomfortable during play as you want to try and get the monkey off your back when playing them, but when you still end up losing it means nothing. Ask a Baltimore Ravens player how they feel about coming so close to beating Pittsburgh.

And, as a keeper for 16yrs, through college ball, I believe Iker Casillas is the most overrated goalkeeper in the world. I've never seen this guy take over a game, or truly shine. He consistently benefits from a great team in front of him at club and national level, and whenever they have a tough day due to the opponent or a bad game it seems he fails to bail them out. IMO, Valdes is a better keeper when looking at the Spanish duo.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                Simon Vukčević to Rovers for 3 mil? No one else is interested in this kid?
                I wondered the same thing when I saw the deal was rumored. Good player, cheap, and to Rovers? I believe there were some concerns about his personality from a couple incidents, but its not like he had a whole series of meltdowns or something... Could be a huge steal. Or there could be a reason no other clubs were jumping in...

Comment

• wr50l
                  • Oct 2008

You can make someone as uncomfortable during play as you want to try and get the monkey off your back when playing them, but when you still end up losing it means nothing. Ask a Baltimore Ravens player how they feel about coming so close to beating Pittsburgh.

And, as a keeper for 16yrs, through college ball, I believe Iker Casillas is the most overrated goalkeeper in the world. I've never seen this guy take over a game, or truly shine. He consistently benefits from a great team in front of him at club and national level, and whenever they have a tough day due to the opponent or a bad game it seems he fails to bail them out. IMO, Valdes is a better keeper when looking at the Spanish duo.
                  Is that Community College sports you played aye?

First paragraph was actually agreeable, you were doing so well at first then ...

Comment

• Rudi
                    #CyCueto
                    • Nov 2008

Gunna try to catch the Porto game at 315...Hulk is a delight to watch.

Comment

• f16harm
                      -
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
                      Is that Community College sports you played aye?

First paragraph was actually agreeable, you were doing so well at first then ...

That's right, because I'm the only one in the world who thinks this I have to remember though, this is VSN. If you disagree, then you must resort to the typical VSN faggotry response, and then that makes you right.

Comment

• wr50l
                        • Oct 2008

That's right, because I'm the only one in the world who thinks this I have to remember though, this is VSN. If you disagree, then you must resort to the typical VSN faggotry response, and then that makes you right.
                        You're not the only one who believes this, there are also Barcelona homers out there. I guess the problem is those of us who have only ever played goalie at the park level with jumpers for goalposts don't fully understand the complexities of Victor Valdes letting a soft shot from a tight angle go through his legs every few weeks.

Comment

• Rudi
                          #CyCueto
                          • Nov 2008

I turned on the Porto game and within 45 seconds Hulk was taking a PK

Comment

• f16harm
                            -
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
                            You're not the only one who believes this, there are also Barcelona homers out there. I guess the problem is those of us who have only ever played goalie at the park level with jumpers for goalposts don't fully understand the complexities of Victor Valdes letting a soft shot from a tight angle go through his legs every few weeks.
                            ...and now your going to start analyzing a bad goal.

Let me tell you something Tony DiCicco ...... people hail Dominik Hasek as one of the best goaltenders in NHL history. As a Sabres fan I will say he made some damn good saves and helped us in his years, but on the flip side, he gave up some of the shittiest goals as well that cost us games. It happens. Sitting and pot shotting on a couple goals you see here and there is what fanboys do. It's clear your a Casillas fanboy. That's OK, he's a very good Keeper, I just don't think he deserves the nut swinging that he gets when there is someone in his own country that could do equally as well in his same position as "the Golden Child."

Comment

• wr50l
                              • Oct 2008

...and now your going to start analyzing a bad goal.

Let me tell you something Tony DiCicco ...... people hail Dominik Hasek as one of the best goaltenders in NHL history. As a Sabres fan I will say he made some damn good saves and helped us in his years, but on the flip side, he gave up some of the shittiest goals as well that cost us games. It happens. Sitting and pot shotting on a couple goals you see here and there is what fanboys do. It's clear your a Casillas fanboy. That's OK, he's a very good Keeper, I just don't think he deserves the nut swinging that he gets when there is someone in his own country that could do equally as well in his same position as "the Golden Child."
                              The greatest football goalies have never left spectators expectant of a mistake, this is what Valdes does. When Schmeichel made a mistake, wtf? When Buffon made a mistake, wtf? When Casillas makes a mistake, wtf? When Valdes makes a mistake, no surprises. If he wasn't such a clutz you would have a point because they are both highly technical goalkeepers who make similarly awesome reaching, reflexive and one on one saves, but I'll take the one who doesn't make heinous errors. It's like the difference between Petr Cech and Pepe Reina.

I don't know where you get this talk of Casillas being constantly dragged along by a great team because for the years between Hierro's retirement and Cannavaro's short spell on top he was the closest thing they had to a central defender.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                                I literally know nothing.
                                • Jul 2009

As a former keeper myself, I don't think it's fair to judge other keepers who are world class compared to my high school level experience.

Comment

Working...