X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • citizenerased
    Rugby World Cup Champion
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
    The greatest football goalies have never left spectators expectant of a mistake, this is what Valdes does. When Schmeichel made a mistake, wtf? When Buffon made a mistake, wtf? When Casillas makes a mistake, wtf? When Valdes makes a mistake, no surprises. If he wasn't such a clutz you would have a point because they are both highly technical goalkeepers who make similarly awesome reaching, reflexive and one on one saves, but I'll take the one who doesn't make heinous errors. It's like the difference between Petr Cech and Pepe Reina.

I don't know where you get this talk of Casillas being constantly dragged along by a great team because for the years between Hierro's retirement and Cannavaro's short spell on top he was the closest thing they had to a central defender.
    Somebody show F16Harm the video of the 2002 Champions League final when a 20 year old Iker came off the bench and pretty much single handily saved the game for Real Madrid so we can end this shitty little debate about that mong Valdes being even in the top 3 keepers in Spain.
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Prodigal Son
      The Greatest
      • Feb 2009

Valdes might be the best keeper in Catalonia, but not in Spain.

Comment

• Rudi
        #CyCueto
        • Nov 2008

Tempted to wake up and catch this Arsenal/Liverpool game. Got my fantasy lineup set. Picks made, ready for another week of EPL action. Cheers!

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by f16harm
          ...and now your going to start analyzing a bad goal.

Let me tell you something Tony DiCicco ...... people hail Dominik Hasek as one of the best goaltenders in NHL history. As a Sabres fan I will say he made some damn good saves and helped us in his years, but on the flip side, he gave up some of the shittiest goals as well that cost us games. It happens. Sitting and pot shotting on a couple goals you see here and there is what fanboys do. It's clear your a Casillas fanboy. That's OK, he's a very good Keeper, I just don't think he deserves the nut swinging that he gets when there is someone in his own country that could do equally as well in his same position as "the Golden Child."
          What the fuck? In a discussion about Spanish soccer players, that's the rebuttal? So let me get this straight ... Because Dominek Hasek is one of the best goalies in NHL history, and you are a Buffalo Sabres fan ... your opinion on Valdes is valid?

Am I following your line of reasoning? Or did you not even have one?

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

All I'm gonna say on the Casillas vs Valdes discussion is that while Casillas has captained the Spanish national team, they have won two major tournaments, had an epic run of success, and become the #1 ranked national team... So while one could argue that Valdes could do well or as well for Spain, its kinda tough to say they could be doing better with him in goal...

Comment

• Prodigal Son
              The Greatest
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              All I'm gonna say on the Casillas vs Valdes discussion is that while Casillas has captained the Spanish national team, they have won two major tournaments, had an epic run of success, and become the #1 ranked national team... So while one could argue that Valdes could do well or as well for Spain, its kinda tough to say they could be doing better with him in goal...
              Not to mention that if you're argument against Casillas is that, he's only good because of the players around him, you can't use someone like Valdes as a counter point.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

The only real argument worth having between Spanish goalkeepers is Reina/Iker, but even that is pretty worthless.
                Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

Jordan Henderson has just been confirmed to play the lead role in the remake of The Invisible Man.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                    Late to the party.
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                    If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Chrispy
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Dec 2008

Arsenal

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                        The Greatest
                        • Feb 2009

Arsenlol

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
                          Carroll has been TERRIBLE today.
                          He spent half the game sitting on his ass and the other half complaining. Also I almost, almost feel bad for Arsenal. What an ugly goal but I will take it.

Comment

• Chrispy
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Dec 2008

Arsenal looks awful

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                              Posts too much
                              • Feb 2009

I really, really hope we do no sell Meireles to Chelsea. He should be out there over Adam or Henderson but I get that we have to give them chances.

Nice second goal at the end there to finish them off.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                                Posts too much
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cpollack09
                                Arsenal looks awful
                                In their defense, they did alright considering half their team is out. It was 0-0 for 80 minutes or so and it was an even match until Suarez and Meireles came on.

Comment

Working...