X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgoblue2290
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
    Henderson yes, Adam.... meh, I don't know. Adam is a better passer of the ball, really has more passes in his bag, and he gets stuck in on defense far more than Raul.
    He also can be pretty wasteful. Besides a couple set pieces I haven't been impressed. I'll be very glad to see Gerrard back in September playing in Adam's spot.

Comment

• wr50l
      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
      • Oct 2008

You can really see a team on the rise versus a team on the decline. Whether Arsene is the only person in the world who doesn't see it is another issue.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
        The Greatest
        • Feb 2009

With his infatuation with the youth, I'm convinced Wenger is a pedophile.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

He's more wasteful because he's more adventurous than Raul. Lets not forget how after Raul's purple patch of goals last season he kind of vanished.

But yes, it'll be nice when we get Gerrard back.
          Raul vanishing was mostly because we decided to start playing him at left mid where he was clearly uncomfortable.

Enrique and Downing are going to be lethal down that left side together. They already have shown glimpses and the more they get used to playing with each other, the better. The whole defense looked good today, Arsenal's only real chances were Frimpong's shot and when Arshavin shoved Kelly then passed it to Van Persie who scuffed it.

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Lol Prod...

Im pretty sure 4th is not on the cards for LeArse. They just dont have it in them this year. 2 games, no goals, only a couple of serious chances.

I tried tellin the Liverpool fans, Jordan Henderson was the biggest waste of money this transfer season so far. When Stevie comes back, he wont see the field. Last week I saluted Wes Brown for owing Carroll, and this week Vermaglen(sp) dd the same, BUT Im beginning to think its more Andy Carroll than anyone else.

Poor poor LeArse though....Sami is bout to be gone, Walcott and Arsavin are worhless, but at least their keeper is turning out to be decent.

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

And before we write off Henderson, let's let him play more than 2 matches at the club. I mean de Gea has looked terrible so far, but I'm not going to say he's been a waste of money, at least not yet anyway.
              Yes you do have a point, and I cant really argue that side of it. I would argue however that DeGea actually warranted his price tag. Where Henderson had a good month for Sunderland, and then was just as bad in the U-21s.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                Tiote!
                • Mar 2009

Ahhh, sweet sweet victory for Newcastle. What a nice surprise to wake up to

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

I'm going to start calling you a Raul-homer. Look he's a great player, but he's not going to be able to replace what Adam provides because he doesn't play defense as well as Adam (even though Adam is likely to give away free kicks). Frankly he's going to be left out once Gerrard comes back.

As we saw today, Henderson played in the hole with Downing and Kuyt out wide and Adam and Lucas central and deeper. I agree Raul should've started there, but everyone at the club knows that's Stevie's spot.
                  I'm not a Raul homer, I just don't understand why we are trying to sell him. He's a good player and until we see that Gerrard is fully fit, he should stay. Adam is better at defense and I'm alright with him next to Lucas because he'll get better as he gets more comfortable. It was night and day when Raul and Suarez got on the pitch and they worked very well together out there.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

And before we write off Henderson, let's let him play more than 2 matches at the club. I mean de Gea has looked terrible so far, but I'm not going to say he's been a waste of money, at least not yet anyway.
                    Henderson hasn't been bad he just hasn't really gotten himself involved. He's basically just playing off little short passes to other guys and kind of hanging back.

I'd give at least 2 seasons before deciding if he is a waste of money.

Comment

• 1ke
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                      • Mar 2009

LOL, the entire U-21s looked shit.
                      Not the two center halves :redsmug:

Comment

• Chrispy
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Dec 2008

Everton has had a ton of chances, still 0-1 QPR

Comment

• Rudi
                          #CyCueto
                          • Nov 2008

Nasri looked pretty good today. Thats a good sign as he is on the verge of coming to City.

Comment

• 1ke
                            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                            • Mar 2009

You mean the center halves who simply hoofed the ball up field?
                            Not their fault your midfielder couldnt boss the game. :drunk:

Comment

• Rudi
                              #CyCueto
                              • Nov 2008

Wait.... what?

You mean the guy whose passing was lackluster and whose lone chance was blasted up into the second tier of the Emirates?

Comment

• 1ke
                                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                                • Mar 2009

BBC reporting that Samir Nasri will be staying at Arsenal for the season. Move to #mcfc broken down

Comment

Working...