X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calgaryballer
    Tiote!
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
    Was kinda funny to see such a good team like Dortmund the last team drawn. I think they can easily advance out of that group.
    Marseille aren't exactly chimps and Greek teams seem to always be stubborn. I will be pulling for Dortmund but it won't be a cake walk

Comment

• Bigpapa42
      • Feb 2009

In that group, I would say Arsenal are favorites, but not by a huge margin, with Dortmund and Marseille about equal after the Gunners. There won't be an "easy" matches. Between squad depth and questionable confidence, I wouldn't be shocked to see Arsenal upset in one or two of the away matches, which could put them in danger of not advancing.

Comment

• wr50l
        Glen & CJ are secret Huns
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
        Off to Ibrox to see the Gers fuck up again.
        Scratch that, my friend gave the ticket to someone else because he thought I said I couldn't go ... lulz. Lesson learned, always confirm your plans.

Comment

• Obst
          RIP West
          • Oct 2008

Jozy Altidore has been in the starting lineup for 2 straight games now and has scored 4 goals.

Comment

• Chrispy
            Needs a hobby
            • Dec 2008

Klinsmann Names 24 Players for Upcoming Friendlies Against Costa Rica and Belgium

GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton)
            DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael
            Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
            MIDFIELDERS (9): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca)
            FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

Really liked Shea when he played in their last game against Mexico.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
              The Greatest
              • Feb 2009

Klinnsman has a hard on for Hamid.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                • Feb 2009

So both Sevilla and Roma crashed out of the Europa League. Ouch.

Comment

• Rudi
                  #CyCueto
                  • Nov 2008

I know most of you are going to be shocked I say this, but I will be shocked if City come out of White Hart Lane with 3 points. I'm predicting a 1-1 draw. Spurs are damn good at home.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                    So both Sevilla and Roma crashed out of the Europa League. Ouch.
                    Really? Hadn't seen all of the results yet. Not an impressive start for Barca East.

Edit - Looking now though, at least Sevilla went out to Hannover. They were really solid last year, and Sevilla has had a rough go of it lately. Roma going out to Bratislava, regardless of my love of the pubs in Slovakia, should not be happening

Comment

• citizenerased
                      Rugby World Cup Champion
                      • Mar 2009

Scotland sucks ROFLCOPTTTTTTTTTER...

At least you got the Rugby World Cup and your usual "scrape through the pool play by the skin of your teeth before getting caned in the Quarter Final" to look forward too.
                      Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                        Really? Hadn't seen all of the results yet. Not an impressive start for Barca East.

Edit - Looking now though, at least Sevilla went out to Hannover. They were really solid last year, and Sevilla has had a rough go of it lately. Roma going out to Bratislava, regardless of my love of the pubs in Slovakia, should not be happening
                        Hannover is solid, but Sevilla was supposed to be one of the "next best" sides in Spain for awhile, so it doesn't bode well for the debate of Spain being the #1 or even #2 league in the world...

Roma is plain embarrassing. It just justifies the whole big debate around Italy losing a CL spot to Germany.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                          Tiote!
                          • Mar 2009

Hannover is solid, but Sevilla was supposed to be one of the "next best" sides in Spain for awhile, so it doesn't bode well for the debate of Spain being the #1 or even #2 league in the world...

Roma is plain embarrassing. It just justifies the whole big debate around Italy losing a CL spot to Germany.
                          At this point, there is no 'next best' side in Spain. Sid Lowe had this in his article today about Mata leaving Valenica and what it means for Spanish soccer -

Together their moves are symbolic of an inescapable reality: Spain's best players now aspire to join one of the big two or leave the country altogether.
                          A combined league table from the last three seasons reads: Barcelona 282 points; Madrid 266; Valencia 204; Sevilla 191; Villarreal 183; Atlético 172.
                          When Spain won the 2008 European Championships, Valencia had four players in the squad, Villarreal three, Barcelona three and Real Madrid two. Two years later, when Spain won the World Cup, that list had changed, largely because of signings. It read: Barcelona seven, Real Madrid five, Valencia two, Villarreal one. The two Valencia players, Villa and Silva, had completed moves before the tournament was even finished.
                          Even now, when I look at the provisional squad for Chile and Liechenstein the numbers are:

Barca - 8, plus 1 more Barca B teamer
                          Madrid - 5

More than half of a 24 man squad. Spanish players who still play in Spain are Llorente, Negredo, Cazorla, Martinez, Soto and Batia. And Soto and Batia are uncapped youngsters from Atletico and Gijon who are likely just getting a look. So really, just 4 guys who you would say are really good players

Comment

• citizenerased
                            Rugby World Cup Champion
                            • Mar 2009

Would've happened last year if it wasn't for Mourinho.
                            Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

Yea, bad bad night for Scotland. I have to say, its even worse for Roma and Italy. Although, Shamrock Rovers are a bunch of part timers and they won the away leg 2-1 and went through. Nicee.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                                The Greatest
                                • Feb 2009

I have to ask if UEFA is even following their budget rules they set. Some teams are dropping ridiculous cash, and I don't see where they're making money. Teams are taking out ridiculous loans every year, and buying players up on those loans.

Comment

Working...