X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T.Dot
    A Real RockNRolla
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by nyg4lyfe91
    I am a Manchester fan and I hate seeing Ronaldo go. He was the play maker on offense when other teams play us they had at least two guys defending him when he gets the ball, the try to knock him down or do whatever to make him lose the ball. You'll see unless they can get someone to fill in his role, someone like Messi but I doubt Barcelona will let go of him. Nani could possibly play in his spot but Manchester got f*cked for losing him but that is a lot of money as well and they can bring in any player they want. Just wanna see how this plays out. Giggs, Scholes, Berbatov, Tevez are probably gonna leave, Giggs and Scholes might retire, Berbatov is a nice handler but he is slow and doesn;t have the speed to play in the Barclay's Premier League. Rooney is really all Manchester have left. Anderson and Nani are nice also Vidic and Evra on defense. May god help them out. Now Liverpool, Chelsea are in front of Manchester talent wise and we'll see what happens.
    You sound like your talking more about FIFA Soccer the video game than real football

Comment

• calgaryballer
      Tiote!
      • Mar 2009

I am a Manchester fan and I hate seeing Ronaldo go. He was the play maker on offense when other teams play us they had at least two guys defending him when he gets the ball, the try to knock him down or do whatever to make him lose the ball. You'll see unless they can get someone to fill in his role, someone like Messi but I doubt Barcelona will let go of him. Nani could possibly play in his spot but Manchester got f*cked for losing him but that is a lot of money as well and they can bring in any player they want. Just wanna see how this plays out. Giggs, Scholes, Berbatov, Tevez are probably gonna leave, Giggs and Scholes might retire, Berbatov is a nice handler but he is slow and doesn;t have the speed to play in the Barclay's Premier League. Rooney is really all Manchester have left. Anderson and Nani are nice also Vidic and Evra on defense. May god help them out. Now Liverpool, Chelsea are in front of Manchester talent wise and we'll see what happens.
      Problems with your reasoning-

- Nani is shit, and won't replace Ronaldo. At all. He is pure garbage.
      - Your right, Barca will laugh in the face of United re: Messi. And why would Messi want to leave a treble winning side, in Spain, for shitty North England?
      - Berbatov can't play in the Premier League? I guess that's why he was so bad for Tottenham. He's just not suited for the style Man U played last season
      - Anderson may be nice, but he still hasn't scored in the league. In two seasons. To expect him to make a giant leap next season is a stretch

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
        Problems with your reasoning-

- Nani is shit, and won't replace Ronaldo. At all. He is pure garbage.
        - Your right, Barca will laugh in the face of United re: Messi. And why would Messi want to leave a treble winning side, in Spain, for shitty North England?
        - Berbatov can't play in the Premier League? I guess that's why he was so bad for Tottenham. He's just not suited for the style Man U played last season
        - Anderson may be nice, but he still hasn't scored in the league. In two seasons. To expect him to make a giant leap next season is a stretch
        Problems with your reasoning CB.....uhhhh none. Although i will disagree that Nani is shit. Ill say inconsistent, but not shit.

I wont even discuss Messi, him saying anything like that was dumb.

Berba didnt have an ideal goal scoring system, but at least he was tied for first in assists. I know I know, you dont pay that money for him to pass, but if your gonna have a bad year scoring, at least put the effort in to help out any other way.

Comment

• wr50l
          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
          • Oct 2008

I heard rumors that Manchester might be after Drogba, Chelsea striker.
          LOL. Time to change your sources my friend.

Comment

• T.Dot
            A Real RockNRolla
            • Nov 2008

I don't know if it was true or not but they mentioned it a couple times on ESPNU and they brought Drogba's name in one of the articles on soccernet.com
            :doh:

at ESPNU

Just stop talking...

Anyways, anyone else watching the Confed Cup?

Just watched the first half of Irag v. South Africa and it was very boring football, it was almost all midfield play, can't wait for tomorrow's games.

Comment

• calgaryballer
              Tiote!
              • Mar 2009

First match was too early for me, hopefully will catch Spain vs NZ. That should be a wipeout though

Comment

• 1ke
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by DSA
                Berbatov is overrated. Pretty classy player with nice feet but ultimately I don't think he has the speed, strength or aerial ability to be a great striker.
                I think his speed is just fine. When he had to chase down balls, people could see his speed. And he is just fine in the air. Its amazing what one average season will do for you....

Comment

• T.Dot
                  A Real RockNRolla
                  • Nov 2008

Very dissapointed in the first match, very low quality football, if you Tivoed it and are planning to watch it I'd say just catch some highlights, it was terrible

Comment

• davie
                    Hey, relax guy!
                    • Oct 2008

Concerning Berbatov - I think he is a quality striker. He has a lack of pace but is a good finisher, great first touch, good at holding the ball up and linking with players making runs from midfield.
                    Like someone said earlier - 42 goals in 2 seasons with Tottenham. I'll take that.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                      • Feb 2009

Watching Spain demolish New Zeland 5-0 in the Confed Cup...

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

I watched a few World Cup qualifiers this weekend. England took care of business against Borat's homeland and it looks pretty certain that they'll qualify. Denmark had a surprising 1-0 victory over Sweden which has Denmark at the top of the group and Sweden in trouble. Sweden looked very unimpressive in an important game. Finland also had a must-win against Russia, and they got destroyed 3-0. A lot of the Finnish guys are at the tail end of their careers (Hyypia, Litmanen, Forsell, etc.), so this was probably their last chance.

Comment

• clovett
                          • Mar 2009

any websites to watch the confederations cup online?

Comment

• T.Dot
                            A Real RockNRolla
                            • Nov 2008

Egypt is playing well against a young Brazilian side

Comment

• T.Dot
                              A Real RockNRolla
                              • Nov 2008

Inter put a 90-94 million euros price on their striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, something close to what Cristiano Ronaldo was. Barcelona and Real Madrid are the favorites to land him.

Personally I would like to see him play for Real Madrid. Can you imagine seeing Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Ronaldo and possibly David Villa controlling the ball and attacking...scary!! Pretty much of what people saw when Real Madrid had Zidane, Bechkam, Figo and Luiz Ronaldo.
                              whose Bechkam?
                              and Luiz Ronaldo?

and rofl at any team willing to shell out Ronaldo money to Ibrahimovic

Comment

• wr50l
                                Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by T.Dot
                                whose Bechkam?
                                Shut up dick.
                                and Luiz Ronaldo?
                                The fat one with no knees.

Comment

Working...