X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinsane
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
    But it's not worth a lot to American soccer fans, as you claimed. America was lucky to advance. It wasn't as though America advanced fully on the merits of it's play. We got lucky, and we know it. There for it isn't worth a thing.
    How can you say they didn't do it fully on their merits of play? They needed to beat Egypt 3-0. To score 3 goals and not give up one is advancing completely on your merit of play. They did their job.
    25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vinsane
      How can you say they didn't do it fully on their merits of play? They needed to beat Egypt 3-0. To score 3 goals and not give up one is advancing completely on your merit of play. They did their job.
      Because they also moved on do to the horrendous and embarassing play of Italy. Thus, they moved on not fully by the merits of their own play. They got help.......a lot of it. That's how I can say that. Rather easily. What's so hard about that to understand?

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
        Late to the party.
        • Jun 2009

Italy were unimpressive the whole tournament, this Brazil loss wasn't a fluke or lucky for us, it's because Italy's not as good as we thought. They're old and bland, they only showed up after the Clark red, that was it for the whole tournament. I think the US deserved this, and unlucky result coupled with an expected one, and a very good performance against Egypt.
        Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Italy not playing great the entire time doesn't exactly mean the US played well. Even after the red card the US still went up 1-0 then completely collpased against Italy. The US just isn't a very good team and frankly skirting by into the next round of the Confed Cup because Italy got housed and you happened to beat a non impressive Egpyt squad doesn't mean squat.

Comment

• T.Dot
            A Real RockNRolla
            • Nov 2008

Italy not playing great the entire time doesn't exactly mean the US played well. Even after the red card the US still went up 1-0 then completely collpased against Italy. The US just isn't a very good team and frankly skirting by into the next round of the Confed Cup because Italy got housed and you happened to beat a non impressive Egpyt squad doesn't mean squat.
            non impressive Egypt scuad?
            you are talking about the same team that came within a 90th minute penalty kick of tieing Brazil and beating the defending world cup champions comfortably?
            rofl at unimpressive, the US played great yesterday and I wouldnt be suprised if they held their own vs the Spanish

Comment

• Obst
              RIP West
              • Oct 2008

I don't think that we are going to get blown out, but I doubt we win.

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by T.Dot
                I didn't see Zaki on the pitch, did you?

Comment

• T.Dot
                  A Real RockNRolla
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                  obviously with their results they didnt need Zaki, saying that if they did have him I think they would be in the US' spot right now

Comment

• Obst
                    RIP West
                    • Oct 2008

One player would erase a 3-0 loss?

Comment

• Senser81
                      VSN Poster of the Year
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by the_obst
                      They were also missing Mohamed Zidan, but Zaki is easily their best player. All it would take is a goal by Zaki, make it 3-1, and the US doesn't advance. Not as far-fetched as you think.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                        Thank you.

Originally posted by T.Dot
                        you are talking about the same team that came within a 90th minute penalty kick of tieing Brazil and beating the defending world cup champions comfortably?
                        rofl at unimpressive, the US played great yesterday and I wouldnt be suprised if they held their own vs the Spanish
                        Egypt was playing with out 3 of it's top players. So yes, they were unimpressive.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by the_obst
                          Maybe. But I know having 3 of their top players back sure would have.

Comment

• Vinsane
                            • Nov 2008

Because they also moved on do to the horrendous and embarassing play of Italy. Thus, they moved on not fully by the merits of their own play. They got help.......a lot of it. That's how I can say that. Rather easily. What's so hard about that to understand?
                            It's not so much what your saying that I don't understand. I understand what your saying perfectly.

It's your thinking that is suspect.

Italy's play is a knock on the United States'?

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vinsane
                              Italy's play is a knock on the United States'?
                              The US's own play the entire tournament is a knock on itself.

The USA needed massive amounts of help to get into the next round. Italy gets housed by Brazil, US beats up on an undermanned Egypt squad and advances with a lot of help. They caught every single break possible to advance yesterday. To say them advancing means "a lot" to US Soccer is missing how and why they advanced and just concentrating on the fact that they did. They got a massive gift and frankly shouldn't have advanced.

Comment

• Vinsane
                                • Nov 2008

The US's own play the entire tournament is a knock on itself.

The USA needed massive amounts of help to get into the next round. Italy gets housed by Brazil, US beats up on an undermanned Egypt squad and advances with a lot of help. They caught every single break possible to advance yesterday. To say them advancing means "a lot" to US Soccer is missing how and why they advanced and just concentrating on the fact that they did. They got a massive gift and frankly shouldn't have advanced.
                                True, uninspired play through this tournament, coupled with bad play during qualifying matches means the U.S. is still the U.S. when it comes to soccer. Breaks or no breaks they played the best that they could play terrible or not, and it was enough to advance. Help or no help, they did advane. Weather or not they belong there is a mute argument at this point.

Comment

Working...