X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigHouseUSA
    Late to the party.
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
    Setanta UK has gone into Administration and ceased broadcasting today, Setanta Ireland and Setanta International are still fully operational. You guys outside the UK don't need to worry about losing Setanta at all.

I'm wondering who's going to get the rights to show the SPL, presumably the BBC. And I'm hoping I don't lose out on UFC and Boxing to the pay-per-view channels.
    I don't think anyone in the US or Canada was worried about Setanta going under, we probably kind of wanted it considering it's $15 a month with restricted access.
    Originally posted by mgoblue2290
    If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
      Late to the party.
      • Jun 2009

I'm sure you'd care more if England were in it, but even at that point, England would look at the tournament with a different perspective than us.

We're an underdog nation trying to get respect, so doing well in the Confed will get us some attention.

Comment

• calgaryballer
        Tiote!
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
        Setanta UK has gone into Administration and ceased broadcasting today, Setanta Ireland and Setanta International are still fully operational. You guys outside the UK don't need to worry about losing Setanta at all.

I'm wondering who's going to get the rights to show the SPL, presumably the BBC. And I'm hoping I don't lose out on UFC and Boxing to the pay-per-view channels.
        Sounds like Sky is going to get the rights. Apparently ESPN is in for those too, but the SPL clubs want the proven exposure that Sky offers

Comment

• Archer
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by calgaryballer
          Sounds like Sky is going to get the rights. Apparently ESPN is in for those too, but the SPL clubs want the proven exposure that Sky offers
          Sky tried that not so long ago and they ended up not picking the SPL back up when the contract ran out . All they showed last season was the scottish cup

Im sure they would if it was cheap enough tho.

Sky must be rubbing their hands right now

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
            The SPL also doesn't want idiots like Marcelo Balboa commentating their matches.

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Legacy
              Its a good warmup tournament, as a player you want to win every game. I am sure no teams go out there and say lets play 50% its ok.
              Have you seen Brazil's roster?

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Too busy watching the game.

Comment

• Vinsane
                  • Nov 2008

Let the U.S. bashing begin. A clean sheet against the world #1 who hasn't lost since 2006.
                  25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• ATL Jones Bro
                    Atlanta Hawks > All
                    • Apr 2009

Great defensive preformence by US. That's what saved their butts. GO USA.

Comment

• Senser81
                      VSN Poster of the Year
                      • Feb 2009

Very surprised at how confident the US team looked. I thought Dempsey and Bradley played great. Too bad Bradley got the red card, but I guess its to be expected. Its like getting the rookie treatment from NBA refs.

Comment

• Archer
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

I keep saying how bad Sergio Ramos is at defending but yet people keep arguing in the chatbox . He showed it once again

Comment

• Vinsane
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                          Very surprised at how confident the US team looked. I thought Dempsey and Bradley played great. Too bad Bradley got the red card, but I guess its to be expected. Its like getting the rookie treatment from NBA refs.
                          What a terrible red card.

Clearly going for the ball, nothing above the knee. I was surprised that the ref went straight to the red. He didn't hesitate in taking out Bradley.
                          25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Blade
                            Walking SAM site
                            • Feb 2009

After that embarrassing loss to Brazil I wrote this team off. Just uninspired play in that game.

I am very pleasantly surprised they took it to Spain in this game. Its about time, they used disciplined aggression in international play and it worked for them. Lets hope for the best on sunday.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                              ...is amazing.
                              • Feb 2009

Hell of a performance by Tim Howard and the defense in general. USA just smothered Spain whenever they got near the box.

As others have noted, that red card was complete bullshit as Bradley was simply playing the ball. I have no idea what the refs saw that warranted a straight red. Maybe a yellow at the absolute worst, but a straight red?

I'm guessing they were a bit butthurt that Spain's undefeated streak was going to be ended by the USA of all teams.

Comment

• Len B
                                :moonwalk:
                                • Oct 2008

How big of an upset is this in comparison to other sports? Not a huge soccer guy by any means.

Comment

Working...