X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boss AZ
    Hi Haters
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
    For Americans that want to watch their team run around another team for a while.. watch this game.
    So much for that. They were lucky to even draw.

Comment

• Archer
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Tevez has signed for Man City ... INTRESTING

Comment

• Senser81
        VSN Poster of the Year
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by archer2k407
        Tevez has signed for Man City ... INTRESTING
        Boo! I was really hoping Liverpool would sign him. I thought they may have had an 'in' with Mascherano already on the club, but if what Gob was saying is true and Mascherano already wanted out, then that probably put an end to Liverpool getting Tevez.

I think he's one of the best players in the world and I am surprised there wasn't more interest in him. I think his hustling style would have fit in well with Liverpool. Oh well, I guess I'll have to be content with Glen Johnson, who I predict will make not one iota of a difference next season.

Comment

• Archer
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Valencia chairman tells Villa that hes "untransferable" .

That situation looks like its about ready to blow up

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Man Utd have said that they WONT be buying anybody else this summer

Comment

• calgaryballer
              Tiote!
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Gob
              I fully expect Citeh to replace Liverpool in the top 4 in the near future. They're going after Fabiano as well, and Terry apparently has said he wants to be able to talk to Citeh.

I'm hearing Alonso wants to move from Liverpool, and there are all sorts of rumors about Mascherano leaving as well. It's tough for a club that's broke to keep afloat.
              Not this year. I don't think Mark Hughes is the man for the job. He is a control freak, and all these guys on 250k+/week are not going to listen to him

Comment

• calgaryballer
                Tiote!
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Gob
                I don't think it'll be this year either. But if Liverpool doesn't figure out a way to turn their money problems around, and if Citeh keep bringing in players like Tevez and possibly Terry, they will.
                Possibly. But is there a real mission there? For as much as Tevez was loved, he doesn't exactly bang in goals. Terry is 28 and his lower back problems may cause him an increasing amount of harm.

This lineup

Given
                Bridge-Richards-Terry-Zabaleta
                De Jong-Barry
                Ireland-Robino-Tevez
                Santa Cruz

With guys like SWP and Kompany on the bench

It scares me...if I am playing Football Manager. Until I see it on the pitch, I am handing them nothing. Citeh has a history of being a giant mess, and I can't help but thinking the whole thing will implode. Putting that many guys on insane wages is not exactly going to instill the hunger in them. And as much as they say 'they want the CL' how many will be happy to take the pay packet, laze around, and go home.

IMO it will need a special manager to control the egos that are going to come out that squad

Comment

• 1ke
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                  • Mar 2009

Tevez to City aint a shock. He said publicly how he felt hurt by Fergie not selecting him more. He then said he would never go to Liverpool out of respect to the fans of Utd.

Dont City have to start selling by now, how many damn players do they have. They still wont do shit anyway. Nothing like being the Real Madrid of the EPL.

And I wish Fergie would have signed one more, they need one more defensive player, but hell save it i guess, maybe somebody comes available in the winter.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Gob
                    Compare that to Liverpool

Reina
                    Johnson-Carragher-Skrtel-Aurelio
                    ????-????
                    Kuyt-Gerrard-Benayoun
                    Torres

That doesn't scare me outside of Gerrard and Torres. I put question marks because it's not a given that Alonso and Mascherano come back. You could plug in Lucas, but well, he hasn't shown much. You have Reira and Babel, but word is Babel could be sold as well. And the money isn't there to go out and bag replacements. Counter this with Citeh's ability to go out and at least afford better players and you have a situation where Citeh passes Liverpool. The finances are an absolute mess at Liverpool right now.

Edit- From what I hear, Citeh are making a 20 million pound offer for Lescott regardless of the Terry situation, and Lucio is in the mix as well. As is Fabiano. Although Terry is 28 isn't that about the time that centerbacks peak? Of course the back problems are another story.
                    They are going to have a 35 man squad by the time this is all done! Where is Fabiano going to play? Why would you buy Santa Cruz if you then want Fabiano too? Liverpool had a chance at a title last season until the end of the season. I'm not even a fan of theirs, but I am not going to pencil Citeh in the top four just because they have decided to play fantasy football. And if you are going to use ???? marks as a place holder, for all we know at this point the train wreck that is Richard Dunne could still feature prominently at CB because they haven't got Lescott or Terry yet. And I'm not convinced they will get either. Everton has no reason to sell, and neither does Chelsea.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                      Late to the party.
                      • Jun 2009

Apparently Adebayor's in talks with City too.

Woooo!

Seriously though, with all that money you'd think they buy some defense.
                      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                        • Feb 2009

If Arsenal get 20m for Adebayor, I wouldn't mind seeing him go. I like him and he can obviously score, but I just see him being a distraction all season if he stays. That said, I would hope they would add someone as I'm not sure that RvP, Bendtner, Vela, and Eduardo are going to do it. Mainly I don't trust RvP to stay healthy...

Comment

• calgaryballer
                          Tiote!
                          • Mar 2009

Xabi admits he wants to leave

Can't really blame him. Rafa tried to force him out last season, and only now is holding on to him because Barry signed with City. The club showed no loyalty last season, no reason for him to return the favour IMO

Comment

• davie
                            Hey, relax guy!
                            • Oct 2008

Cristiano Lucarelli has missed out on the chance to move back to his home-town team Livorno. His agent was demanding too much money according to the Livorno chairman (the chairman that sold Lucarelli's brother Alessandro and fell out with Cristiano before selling him to Shakhtar).

There now seems to be talks between Lucarelli and Livorno's fierce local rivals Fiorentina, after Fiorentina failed to attract Julio Retardo Cruz.

Lucarelli scored 92 goals in 146 games for Livorno between 2003 and 2007.

Comment

• Senser81
                              VSN Poster of the Year
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Gob
                              Shit I'm sure Citeh and even Liverpool would love to be Real Madrid of the EPL. At least they've won a league title in the last two years.
                              I'm sure Citeh would love to be the Everton of the EPL.

Comment

• davie
                                Hey, relax guy!
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                                I'm sure Citeh would love to be the Everton of the EPL.
                                Everton are apparently the only team in the black financially in the EPL. Well done to them for doing well in the league and without spending stupid money/money they don't have like the rest of the league

Man City make so many terrible decisions like sacking Sven after he managed a near-relegation team with like 10 new players to integrate to 6th. I'd also put spending £32.5mil on Robinho down as a terrible decision.

Comment

Working...