X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boss AZ
    Hi Haters
    • Feb 2009

Oh yea and Portugal are in Wooo ;) Real bumpy road but glad they got it done. Proved alot down the stretch. Fuckers really like making me suffer. Really uncomfortable game until that goal went in.

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Boss AZ

I've seen so many people bashing Henry but you really got to blame the linesmen and ref for missing that one.
      I didn't catch the end of it (thankfully so, as I would have been pissed), but I believe I read this morning that the ref didn't take the time to confer with the linesman, who had a better angle. That was from Trapattoni though, so I don't know it's validity.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Cheap move by Henry, but at least he apparently apologizes to some of the Irish players for it. Much of the blame goes to the ref crew for that one.

Comment

• Archer
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Ireland have asked for the game to be replayed

No chance in that happening but I guess they aren't backing down over the matter .

Funny thing is , Anelka dived to try and win a pen 10minutes earlier too .... but because it didn't get given nobody brings it up . Both were as bad as eachother

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
            Late to the party.
            • Jun 2009

I'm not that angry with Henry, which I think normally I would be. I'm too busy being annoyed with the refs and Sepp Blatter's completely illogical reasons not to have replay.
            Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Archer
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigHouse
              I'm not that angry with Henry, which I think normally I would be. I'm too busy being annoyed with the refs and Sepp Blatter's completely illogical reasons not to have replay.
              A replay would be a bit wierd however

They would have to make guidelines from that point on what is and what isin't allowed to be replayed . Every team who feels they got cheated will cry for a replay if they don't

I am sure they could do it but I guess it's not really a can of worms that FIFA would like to open

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Yeah, it would certainly be difficult, but FIFA should be able to come up with a plan that can regulate what can and cannot be reviewed. From a broad view, I'd have a few people in box with TV's, and after every goal or penalty call they can just quickly review it and decide from there, or decide if they need more time.
                Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• wr50l
                  Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                  • Oct 2008

This is why I've lost faith in this shitty sport. There is no logic for the archaic and ineffective structure of football's rules.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

I would not be surprised if FIFA told the refs beforehand that France was going to the World Cup and they were to do everything in their power to ensure it.

Comment

• davie
                      Hey, relax guy!
                      • Oct 2008

There shouldn't be a replay. Even though Henry waited until FIFA said "no replay" before he said "there should be a replay because I'm a fucking puff who feels bad about getting my team in the world cup illegally".

No replays. People would just bitch and bitch and bitch then someone will probably start a war over it. Just accept your bad luck, complain as much as people usually do, then move on.

I don't think there should be a replay, the 1986 World Cup Quarter Final wasn't replayed. That was a much more important game than this one stopping a pitiful nation, who wouldn't have a chance of winning, from entering the tournament to begin with.

Fuck it. We'll just look back through the archives of video footage throughout the history of foofbtall, find all the unfair/wrong decisions given/not given and replay every game with the original players even if they're dead.

This sport is great. We don't need replays and we don't need goal line refs like the retard Europa League.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                        • Jul 2009

France would just rock them in a replay for being pissed off for having play again anyway.

Comment

• wr50l
                          • Oct 2008

Well since cheating has had major effects on major games since 1986 and probably before, I'd have hoped that the technology would've been embraced as soon as it had become somewhat possible. Football is about five years behind the curve and will likely be ten before the head comes out the arse and we see some technology being used. I at least support the goal line assistants as a step in the right direction, albeit a half baked one.

My blueprint for technology if I was given the position to change things, which clearly I am not qualified for (because you have to be an expertly corrupt politician to change football):

1) Review is carried out by the referee on the field, with help from assistants on the field. External officiating (a guy in a booth) is not involved in the decision process.

2) All awarded penalties are automatically challenged as are all "it did cross the line" situations. If a referee does not give a penalty or the ball is judged not to have crossed the line by the referee there is no video review available.

3) Free kicks awards, corner/goal kick awards, and offside no calls can be challenged by the manager of either team. However each manager has just one challenge, which is renewed if they are correct, removed if they are incorrect.

4) Upon reviewing the incident, referee has the remit to award the original decision or to overturn it: awarding the appropriate decision, a free kick, a competed drop ball; no caution, to add or rescind a yellow or red card.

Comment

• davie
                            Hey, relax guy!
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
                            Well since cheating has had major effects on major games since 1986 and probably before, I'd have hoped that the technology would've been embraced as soon as it had become somewhat possible. Football is about five years behind the curve and will likely be ten before the head comes out the arse and we see some technology being used. I at least support the goal line assistants as a step in the right direction, albeit a half baked one.

My blueprint for technology if I was given the position to change things, which clearly I am not qualified for (because you have to be an expertly corrupt politician to change football):
                            Or just leave the game the way it is? It seems to be popular enough with like over a billion people watching the last World Cup Final.

Comment

• wr50l
                              • Oct 2008

715.1 million people watched the Final. Assuming you watched it too it's safe to say 715,99,999 people don't like to see huge mistakes ruin games, they just aren't all as fed up as me. But a good proportion are, certainly at least when it screws their side.

Nevertheless I know you're not really a fan of fairness given your views on diving so I don't expect you to support the principle of fairness as a reason for change.

Comment

• davie
                                Hey, relax guy!
                                • Oct 2008

Every team gets screwed at one time or another. It's part of the game. Just because some green, ginger, drunken pricks complain more than most doesn't mean we should revise the whole game.

Like I said, let's replay every unfair game in history. Let's just be fucking faggots who bow to the complaints of all the losers. Even RoyTard Keane said something about Ireland getting an unfair penalty vs. Georgia in qualifying, which put them in position to make the playoff place. So fuck them.

Thanks for letting me know less than a billion watched the final though, I was misled by the commentary stating "more than a billion people will be watching today's final" or words to that effect.

I don't like to see huge mistakes ruin games. But it happens, referees fuck up (not just because of diving convincing them into retarded decisions), defenders fuck up (why was Henry allowed to get goalside that deep into the Ireland box?). Why does everyone have to take Ireland's side in this case anyway? Who the fuck wants Ireland spoiling a world cup? Aren't there like guaranteed African teams to fucking spoil it enough?
                                Last edited by davie; 11-20-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...