X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cody
    GOAAAAL
    • Jul 2010

Former Fulham and United States forward Brian McBride will retire at the end of the season.

GettyImages
    Brian McBride made 95 appearances for USA, scoring 30 goals.
    McBride, 38, has spent the last two years with the Chicago Fire after returning to his homeland following four years at Craven Cottage.

"Brian's retirement is a bittersweet moment for the Fire, Major League Soccer and soccer fans around the world. His talent and contributions to US soccer in particular are incredibly vast and he will most deservedly be celebrated as one of soccer's greatest,'' Fire owner Andrew Hauptman told the club's website.

"Brian is a consummate professional on and off the field and has tremendous passion and heart. I have great respect for him and his decision to retire, which no doubt was not an easy one. He will always have a home here at the Chicago Fire and be part of the Fire family.''

McBride has represented his country in three World Cups over his 17-year professional career, scoring 30 goals in 95 international appearances from 1993-2006 to rank third on the all-time scoring list behind Eric Wynalda (34) and Landon Donovan (45).

The former Wolfsburg, Preston, and Everton striker notched 40 goals in 153 appearances for Fulham, starting 111 games, and was handed the club's captaincy in 2007. He was their top scorer in 2006-07 when his 12 goals helped the London club secure their top-flight status.

He has appeared in 211 games, scoring 78 goals and adding 51 assists over his 11-year Major League Soccer career with the Chicago Fire and Columbus Crew.

Comment

• citizenerased
      Rugby World Cup Champion
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Archer

41 million pounds in wages and transfer fees down the shitter in that photo.

Nice one Souness.
      Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Prodigal Son
        The Greatest
        • Feb 2009

Amazing how someone can slap a player in front of a referee, and the most you get is a fucking stern talking to.

Fuck the USSF and their referees.

Comment

• 1ke
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
          • Mar 2009

So how big is the Wayne story over there across the pond?

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

I hear about it every 20minutes

So pretty damn big I guess

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Lol....He totally overpaid!

Comment

• Archer
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

England look really good v Switzerland

Should be 3 or 4 up though

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

3-1 win in Switzerland

Goals from Rooney, Johnson and Bent

EDIT: For any Arsenal fans who didn't watch. Walcott got subbed off after 12mins with a suspected broken ankle

Comment

• wr50l
                    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                    • Oct 2008

No doubt everyone will say we didn't deserve that. But we fucking did. Not that it matters, we'll never qualify.

Comment

• Archer
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

lol RVP is out for 6 weeks now and Walcott is still waiting on his scan results

Could be a sad week to be an Arsenal fan

Comment

• Rudi
                        #CyCueto
                        • Nov 2008

Ouch...Walcott was having a great season.

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

Cant find anything about Theo...... But daaaaaammmm wooooow sux for them.

Comment

• Archer
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Arsenal's Theo Walcott was taken to hospital to have an x-ray on his ankle after he was injured in England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Switzerland. 

Walcott's right ankle was injured in the build-up to Wayne Rooney's opening goal for England after 10 minutes. Walcott started the move by picking out Glen Johnson on the right before the Liverpool right-back squared to Rooney in the centre to score his first international goal in 12 matches.

Walcott has had a stand-out season for the Gunners so far this season and his injury is the latest blow to Arsene Wenger's side who are still reeling from the news that striker Robin van Persie will be sidelined for six weeks with his own ankle problem.

Walcott was replaced in the England match by Manchester City winger Adam Johnson.

Jermaine Defoe also suffered an injury in the build-up to the second goal of the game, scored by Adam Johnson. The Spurs striker was replaced by Darren Bent and it is not clear how serious Defoe's injury is.
                            I watched the game live and it didn't even look bad but he was in serious pain when they took him off on the stretcher

No news on the x-rays yet

Comment

• citizenerased
                              Rugby World Cup Champion
                              • Mar 2009

Mackems going crazy about Bent scoring a goal... you'd think they'd won the league on RTG or something.

They now have as many England goal scorers in the past 50 years as Preston North End. Congratulations Sunderland.
                              Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                                Late to the party.
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
                                No doubt everyone will say we didn't deserve that. But we fucking did. Not that it matters, we'll never qualify.
                                Pretty terrible stuff there. Pretty sure there were more people in the stadium than the population of Liechtenstein

Turkey/Belgium was a pretty good game, 3-2 Turkey after Kompany got sent off. Would really like to see Belgium get in, but losing to Turkey makes it though, they'll have to battle for second with them.
                                Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

Working...