X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

My top 5 interesting match ups for And1 aka The GOAT

Not saying these guys would beat Silva, but they're the most interesting match ups based on the way they fight, this is at 185, 205 opens up way more choices of course

1. Mousasi - The only guy at 185 that would not be scared to stand with Silva and has the skills to match him, Mousasi fights at 205, but really shoudnt and says he would fight 185 again, this is the match up I would most like to see in MMA right now, Mousasi has never been dropped and has hung with K-1 HW's, the guy is highly skilled and is super calm, And1's juking and jiving wouldnt bother him

2. Jacare - The most dynamic and explosive BJJ guy in the world right now, he isnt Maia who has no takedowns and isnt athletic, he has the takedowns and bjj to sub anyone in the world, only issue is he has been 'chinny' in the past and Silva can put his lights out quickly

3. Sonnen - Easy match to make, basically Chael blew what would be one of the greatest wins ever by letting his guard down and getting triangled...again, Silva had bad ribs, explains a lot, I don't see Sonnen pulling off another performance like that again, but he will get a shot I assume

4. Hendo - He won the first round against Silva, than started standing and wanging, got caught and choked out, Dan woulkd have to be disciplined enough to stick to takedown, wall and stall, etc...to win it, he has the skills, the fight would be better at 205 for Dan, but he wants this rematch and will do it at 185

5a. Palhares - Match up wise, he has a strong chance against Silva, he has takedowns and a nasty heel hook, if he slaps that on And1 he will wise it was Chonan at the end of his leg again, Palhares might take that thi\ng home and put it over his fireplace

5b. Lombard - An oxe, strong with world class judo, bjj black belt, hits like a truck and has the chin needed to surivive, he won't stand with Silva though, he didnt want to stand with Alexander. Has a chance to decisios Silva with takedowns and good sub defense, his cardio would probably fail him though in the later rounds, but I would love to watch
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

• EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

What about Lombard?

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      What about Lombard?
      Damn it, forgot, had him in the oringal thought

Will add him

Comment

• SHOGUN
        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
        • Jul 2009

Mousasi is never going back to 185, but I'd love to see that matchup.

They don't want to give Palhares a title shot against And1. He'd end his career.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Mayhem

Comment

• Liquidrob
            Izzy is a bum
            • Feb 2009

besides And1 slipping on a banana peel in the middle of the cage and breaking his neck, mayhem has a 0.01% chance of beating Silva

He has no takedowns and his stand style is called slap boxing, his red streak would have a new friend in his face covered in blood

Comment

• Liquidrob
              Izzy is a bum
              • Feb 2009

The man the UFC will never let fight And1

I doubt they would even let Bisping fight him at this point, get this man a big time fight!

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Never let?

Palhares needs some high profile wins before he gets Silva. Maybe next year.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

Hard to get high profile wins when everyone keeps ducking you.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Who has ducked him?

Lots of guys ducked Fitch for a long time...until Hendricks knocked him out.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                      Izzy is a bum
                      • Feb 2009

Another reason Paul Harris would beat And1, this mfer never even had a birthday cake growing up, And1 has been living the life, buying pink shirts like they were nothing, wearing designer sunglasses, making Anderson Silva money every fight and so on

Give this man a shot at some money!

"I was very surprised. I felt like a child because that was the first time I celebrate my birthday with a cake. I came from a poor family, and I thank all my friends from BTT for giving me this moment of happiness".

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Scott Steiner arms I see.

Comment

Working...