X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Marc Savard's career possibly over

Boston Bruins forward Marc Savard may have played his last NHL game.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli delivered some bleak news to a Boston newspaper on Wednesday.

"Marc Savard won't play this year," Chiarelli told the Boston Globe. "Nothing has changed in our monitoring. He'll be examined and he'll be declared unfit to play.

"Based on what I see, what I hear, what I read, and what I'm told, it's very unlikely Marc will play again," Chiarelli said.

The 34-year-old centre had 10 points in 25 games last season before missing the rest of the year with a concussion.

He was originally hurt by a check from Pittsburgh's Matt Cooke on March 7, 2010.

After missing training camp with post-concussion syndrome, Savard battled his way back into the lineup only to be felled by a hit from former teammate Matt Hunwick in the second period of a January contest.

"Now, knowing the uncertainty of this injury, there's always a chance (he could play)," continued Chiarelli. "But based on what I'm told, it's very unlikely he'll play. As an employer, I support him and hope he gets back to living a healthy life."

On August 1, Savard had his day with the Stanley Cup and told TSN about his continuing health problems.

"It's obviously been a long road for me; I'm still suffering with a lot of daily issues right now, it's been a tough go," said Savard. "I'm just trying to get through and not worry about hockey right now, just worry about my health because I have three young kids and they're important to me."

Savard is signed through the 2016-17 season.

Wonder who could be next...
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

crosby.

Comment

• D-Rizzle
      Noob
      • Sep 2011

It's a shame that Savard's career has to end like this. If it happens to Crosby it would really hurt the league.
      http://dsportservice.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...