X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

SOURCE: Akiyama vs Koscheck, San Jose

He's moving down in weight and my source tells me he will fight in San Jose.

I don't like this matchup for him. I know they want to keep him around for the Japan show, and I guess Hardy proves they will keep some guys no matter what, but four in a row is ugly.
  • SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

I thought Kos was going to take his next fight at 185?

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Akiyama asked for a top guy. He is talking retirement if he loses again. Koscheck is the name right now, but who knows. Akiyama does not want a tune up.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
        True Blue
        • Feb 2009

we want Cung Le

Comment

• SHOGUN
          • Jul 2009

I just hope Akiyama brings his judo to welterweight. Weight cutting isn't going to help him fare much better if he continues to Gurgel and L.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Akiyama asked for a top guy. He is talking retirement if he loses again.
            So Akiyama will be retiring soon, then?

Comment

• Liquidrob
              Izzy is a bum
              • Feb 2009

akiyama is a stand and wanger, his career is over, just another grappler who falls in loves with his hands and ruins his career
              Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

People are too hard on Akiyama. Aside from the Belfort disaster, he has nothing to be ashamed of in any of his UFC fights. He is a stubborn jap (well, Korean) who is finally embracing American weight cutting.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  People are too hard on Akiyama. Aside from the Belfort disaster, he has nothing to be ashamed of in any of his UFC fights. He is a stubborn jap (well, Korean) who is finally embracing American weight cutting.
                  This is also true. He showed pretty well for someone that was clearly undersized and establishing himself a worthwhile fighter to watch with 3 straight FOTN bonuses helps him. In the Belfort fight he was pretty much a sacrificial lamb in a fight he had no real business being in.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Kos is a terrible fight for him.

How about Dan Hardy? Bound to be a slugfest. I know Hardy isn't fighting for a while though.

Kampmann would also be a good fight.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

Heres the problem for Sexyama.. I dont think hes beating many name fighters at this point, so his options are just to take the best possible fight and not have to worry about who he really thinks matches up best with him.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Hughes/Koscheck official for Sept.24 so Akiyama is off the hook.

Comment

Working...