• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

UFC Returns to Japan 2/26 @ Saitama

f4wonline---
    As reported months back, UFC will be returning to Japan for the first time since 2000 with a show on 2/26 at the Saitama Super Arena.

A press conference was held on Tuesday in Tokyo with Zuffa Asia's Exective Vice President Mark Fischer, who formerly ran NBA operations in China made the announcement for the first of what they talked about as an annual Japanese show.

Names talked about at the press conference were Yoshihiro Akiyama, Kid Yamamoto, Yushin Okami, Hatsu Hioki, Michihiro Omigawa, Takenori Gomi, Riki Fukuda and Takeya Mizugaki. Dana White appeared via video at the press conference talking about Japan being a former hotbed of the sport and mentioning people like Mirko Cro Cop and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira who had been stars in Japan before they were stars in th rest of the world.

The show will take place starting at 10 a.m. in Japan, with the PPV matches at Noon, so it will air in prime time in North America.

• SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Mj1Us13Yk[/ame]

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Half of those guys are on losing streaks and will be cut before February.

Comment

Working...