X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Anderson Silva's Camp Responds About Chael Sonnen Challenge

"First the guy gets in trouble for fraud, then he tests positive for steroids, and now he wants to kick in someone's door and slap their wife in the ass? This guy should be in jail; he shouldn't be fighting," the Anderson Silva rep jokingly said.

(Silva's Manager) Ed Soares said Silva doesn't hate Sonnen, but "he definitely doesn't respect him for the things that he's saying. Hyping up the fight is one thing, but I think you cross the line when you start talking about people's family."

"Chael is not the person that's going to determine when [Silva] is going to take the fight," Soares said. "When he's going to take this fight is when his shoulder is completely healed up, and he's ready to start his training camp for the fight.

"It's not because Chael says he wants to fight in February. Who is Chael to determine that? Chael needs to take a number and wait his turn. He got his opportunity, and he tapped. It's not the first time he's tapped, and I guarantee you it won't be the last."

As to when Silva might be ready to fight, Soares is not sure.

"It's still sore, and he's doing therapy," he said. "We're just waiting to see how it's healing up."

"Would it be a big fight? It would be a huge fight, but right know, it's not so much who he's going to fight and when," Soares said of a potential rematch. "It's making sure Anderson gets back to 100 percent before he gets in there."

• Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Sonnen has retracted his offer of loser leaves...

“That offer was good when I made it, but it’s like any offer, they’ve got to expire,” Sonnen stated. “Apparently, that didn’t work. I’m doing anything I can to lure him out, and yes, I would have absolutely done that. I’ll do a winner-takes-all, I’ll do any stipulation that he wants. All he needed to do was stand up and give me a thumbs up. If he wanted to accept that offer, all he needed to do was nod to me, have one of his handlers come in the back and say, ‘Anderson accepts.’

“He did the exact opposite. He went to the media and said, ‘I do not want to fight that guy.’ So what can I do? Now I gotta come up with a new offer.

http://www.5thround.com/92953/chael-...nderson-silva/
      lol

Comment

• SHOGUN
        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
        • Jul 2009

LOL. It's hard to come up with something better than a Loser Leave's match.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SHOGUN
          LOL. It's hard to come up with something better than a Loser Leave's match.
          Tuxedo Match.

LET'S GET IT ON!

Comment

Working...