X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    BroMans.

Wolves were supposed to squash them to take the titles last week, but Dave Lagana changed his mind because they think the BroMans are over. They are, but only because of Shima Zion's deejay gimmick (which rules, to be honest).

TNA has done a good job with BroMans, Spud, and ECIII. The problem is they waited until they had no choice to try to build new stars, and now nobody cares and it's probably too late. This is so 2001 WCW.

God I hate that BroMans gimmick so much. But you are right, they've done a good job with them but their backs are against the wall. They still get the 1 million viewers, so maybe they'll care? Who knows. Maybe the Wolves take the titles on the UK Tour.

EDIT: As for your Batista point, I still think it was the way they introduced him that had the crowd go "meh." If that's what they wanted, they should have reversed the order. Have that at the end of the show, and have the first match be Del Rio's, come out at the end and do the Batista Bomb.

The way they did it, H's had to be involved and drew out the intro. Then Orton comes in, then Batista. We've already seen Batista make a return and do a staredown with Orton (at least I think.) Of course they wouldn't get excited for that, it's bad booking.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

In hindsight, they should have opened with Bryan and closed with Batista.

But the goofy Orton deal sort of had to be at the end.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

In hindsight, they should have opened with Bryan and closed with Batista.

But the goofy Orton deal sort of had to be at the end.
        Orton's push down the card again can't happen soon enough.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
          No longer a noob
          • Apr 2011

BroMans.

Wolves were supposed to squash them to take the titles last week, but Dave Lagana changed his mind because they think the BroMans are over. They are, but only because of Shima Zion's deejay gimmick (which rules, to be honest).

TNA has done a good job with BroMans, Spud, and ECIII. The problem is they waited until they had no choice to try to build new stars, and now nobody cares and it's probably too late. This is so 2001 WCW.
          Wolves vs. Bad Influence as their Jung Dragons vs. 3 Count, with Styles complete in Air Paris get-up shakes his head at the top of the ramp. Next show opens with dubbed Vince McMahon speech. "The fate of___TNA_____ is in MY hands." Because at this point, who cares about lawsuits? Go balls deep with it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Today's Observer Update
            --While a contract itself may not have been signed, and it is something that has been talked about for months, Sting in WWE is stronger than ever to the point concepts using the term "A Man Called Sting" are in discussion.

He does this...he does that!

He looks fine...he looks cool!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

I've decided that surfer Sting in 90's neon paint & tassled jacket with shoulder pads vs The Undertaker is the way to go.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

Sting's coming back to reform the Blade Runners with Ultimate Warrior

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

How bad is TNA that they left Sting's contract with two appearances on it when they fire him on TV, and they waste those appearances on two house shows that were barely attended. What a fantastic wrestling organization, those guys are going places!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                    How bad is TNA that they left Sting's contract with two appearances on it when they fire him on TV, and they waste those appearances on two house shows that were barely attended. What a fantastic wrestling organization, those guys are going places!
                    Well, it was either that or fly him to England. They were caught between a rock & a hard place.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

He does this...he does that!

He looks fine...he looks cool!
                      Top 5 Theme Song of ALL TIME.

One of the key components to a HALL OF FAME resume.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Well, it was either that or fly him to England. They were caught between a rock & a hard place.
                        I'm sure they knew a few months ago they couldn't meet his demands for money, so they should have planned for it. Then again, this is the place that ran the Aces and 8's storyline way too far and plans to do this Dixie Carter one until Bound for Glory.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

I've decided that surfer Sting in 90's neon paint & tassled jacket with shoulder pads vs The Undertaker is the way to go.
                          Complete with bleached hair and rat tail?

Or, do you think they should go with that Hogan-era WCW Sting where he had the dark bowl cut with the 80's Muscle Beach gimmick?

for what its worth...that Sting can't possibly work in 2014 when String wears a shirt the entire time he's in the ring.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Highspots Dumpster Dive

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

The amount of history that is lost to the ages on those tapes...

I'm not a "crazy" tape-head but I know that a lot of those house shows/tv matches/PPVs/etc. won't make it on-air or on Blu-Ray any time soon...

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

I would pay $20 to do a Highspots Dumpster Dive.

Comment

Working...