X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adembroski
    All-Inclusive!
    • Feb 2009

I'm not sure how anybody expects any wrestler to be a 'draw' anymore. The term, as it applies to wresting, is obsolete.

Back when the brand of a promotion was about as heavily marketed as a boxing promotion, and the wrestlers were considered the product, individual wrestlers were the draw. Now they're just the cast, and the promotion itself is the draw.

Put it this way; if you polled the proverbial man on the street, he might be able to name 3 or 4 professional boxers, and probably not a single promotion (they might say the name of a promoter [generally Don King], but not the name of their company). Poll the same people about wrestling, they will be able to name MAYBE one active wrestler (Cena, MAYBE), but they'll name WWE off the top of their head, have probably heard of TNA, and might even have a friend who's an RoH fan.
    S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• BigBiss
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      No doubt, hence they have no one to blame but themselves.

Don't even get me started on the Nexus deal...hottest angle in a long ass time when it kicked off last summer. Within weeks, they were simply jobbers. :turrible:
      lets face it they were pretty much jobbers to start

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

CMLL right now on Galavision has a hot 6-man that got rave reviews involving La Sombra, Averno, and Liger, among others.

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

I'm probably spoiled by ROH on HDNet, but their production now is awful. Everything is so damn dark.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
            • Jul 2009

Why in the hell didn't they put on Lethal/Generico in their first episode over the tag team matches? That match was awesome.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
              • Jul 2009

Cody Rhodes debuted the classic IC belt tonight.

It's EASILY the most visually appealing belt in the company now.

Comment

• BigBiss
                • Mar 2009

So HHH is lawler in memphis now ... only person thats not an insult to is lawler ... when he was in memphis

Comment

• Sharkweather
                  • Jul 2009

Street justice.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                    • Jul 2009

:rolling:

What a hilarious end to the PPV. I lost it when Morrison was trying to climb the cage.

WAR Awesome Truth!

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

The old IC belt pwns so it's awesome they brought it back, especially the white-backed one.

I'll have to check out footage of the post-match beatdown. Ridiculous two week Cena reign or whatever it was, see no point in the switch. Why not just have ADR keep the belt at the last PPV and build towards the same HIAC match? Whatever.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        The old IC belt pwns so it's awesome they brought it back, especially the white-backed one.

I'll have to check out footage of the post-match beatdown. Ridiculous two week Cena reign or whatever it was, see no point in the switch. Why not just have ADR keep the belt at the last PPV and build towards the same HIAC match? Whatever.
                        It was this one with the modern WWE logos. So damn clean.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

The only belt sexier is the winged eagle WWF championship.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                            Everything Burns...
                            • Nov 2008

that is a sexy championship title

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

Rhodes vs Dolph ladder match at mania ... I can dream

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                                Rhodes vs Dolph ladder match at mania ... I can dream
                                If they let them go, that'd be a very good match.

Comment

Working...