X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

It was meh.

I laughed more at the stupid reactions from the crowd.

2 weeks to go, someone has to swing on somebody. It must happen.

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Ziggler, great as always.

Orton/Kane is only happening because they need something to do.

Teddy v. Johnny Ace is only as good as the teams and Team Long has Cruisers going against Heavyweights.

Cena coming out Old School, mad-as-shit, was refreshing... MOAR OF THIS AND LESS FRUITY PEBBLES.

The Rock... sucks now; he can memorize gay ass jokes and mom fucking but he can't do karaoke? Hope Dwayne likes'em salty.

And Jericho going in on Punk's Drunk Father was gold...

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

I didn't think The Rock's thing was that bad. I do wonder if the shot at Cena/Eve was real? That I don't know made that work.
        Not concerned that it was likely pre-recorded.

I actually didn't like the Jericho-Punk thing. There are millions of people who suffer greatly from alcoholics or alcoholism. It just seemed tacky to bring that up ... especially the part about Punk is eventually gonna drink.

That said, I swear I saw Punk with a beer can at one of those Stone Cold Steve Austin tributes.

Anyway, I thought Raw was good tonight. Why even have Randy Orton on the card? You know he's never gonna lose.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMUF0YcmWIU"]FCW 3/11/12 - Kassius Ohno (Chris hero) FCW Debut Promo (HD 1080p) - YouTube[/ame]

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

so Did Cena end the rap with a Word.......LIFE?

Comment

• s@ppisgod
              No longer a noob
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by FedEx227
              Nobody is doubting a niche wrestling network on some sports tier wouldn't succeed, it absolutely would.

The problem is, would it be profitable? WWE 24/7 wasn't profitable enough to justify it's existence.

Worse yet, McMahon doesn't want to be on a sports tier, he wants it on the main tier. You pay for Spike TV, you pay for the WWE Network. He doesn't see it as a stupid niche thing as you mentioned. He wants it as a total network on level with USA or any other major cable networks.

As usual despite trying to do everything but wrestling McMahon is going to fail miserably at this venture.
              It's hard to sell ads on On-Demand. As an all-day cable network, it's impossible not to sell a lot of ad time. The WWE is based around being advertiser-friendly now. I doubt they'd have any trouble making a good deal of money that way. Versus having to try and make a ton off $8 a month from individual fans who drop out/pop-in at any time.

Originally posted by dave
              I actually didn't like the Jericho-Punk thing. There are millions of people who suffer greatly from alcoholics or alcoholism. It just seemed tacky to bring that up ... especially the part about Punk is eventually gonna drink.
              There's nothing wrong with an alcohol problem-related storyline. Just look at Scott Hall....

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                It's hard to sell ads on On-Demand. As an all-day cable network, it's impossible not to sell a lot of ad time. The WWE is based around being advertiser-friendly now. I doubt they'd have any trouble making a good deal of money that way. Versus having to try and make a ton off $8 a month from individual fans who drop out/pop-in at any time.
                The problem with selling ad time, and ultimately the problem with this entire project, is that every study on the topic shows that people who watch wrestling make less money and have less disposable income than viewers of any other sport or comparable form of entertainment. Thus, the ad rates are shit.

So when you talk about the NHL doing lower ratings than the WWE, that may be true, but advertisers still covet ad time on NHL games more than WWE RAW. Same for something like the Golf Channel, which draws minuscule amounts of total viewers, but those viewers are mostly affluent white males who buy Cadillacs, invest money, and are prescribe to boner pills. The Golf Channel or NHL Network 0.2 is worth more than the RAW 3.1.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                  Nobody is doubting a niche wrestling network on some sports tier wouldn't succeed, it absolutely would.

The problem is, would it be profitable? WWE 24/7 wasn't profitable enough to justify it's existence.

Worse yet, McMahon doesn't want to be on a sports tier, he wants it on the main tier. You pay for Spike TV, you pay for the WWE Network. He doesn't see it as a stupid niche thing as you mentioned. He wants it as a total network on level with USA or any other major cable networks.

As usual despite trying to do everything but wrestling McMahon is going to fail miserably at this venture.
                  Once again, Vince is a delusional man who is going to end up out kicking his coverage with this thing.

Why it's so horrible to just be good at promoting wrestling and making millions (if not billions) doing so, is beyond my understanding.

Deep down, Vince is a miserable man, because he hates the one thing he happens to be good at. He wants wrestling to be everything but wrestling.

Comment

• Rayman
                    Spic 'n Spanish
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                    This is their 199th match together

#HEEL vs. Ghana's Finest is always a good thing.
                    Holy shit, I thought that was Billy Gunn for a second.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rayman
                      Holy shit, I thought that was Billy Gunn for a second.
                      Yeah, he's turned into a mix of Billy Gunn and Mr. Perfect.

He's great though (not as much as Perfect, but in this day and age, seems like it).

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Once again, Vince is a delusional man who is going to end up out kicking his coverage with this thing.

Why it's so horrible to just be good at promoting wrestling and making millions (if not billions) doing so, is beyond my understanding.

Deep down, Vince is a miserable man, because he hates the one thing he happens to be good at. He wants wrestling to be everything but wrestling.
                        They fucked it up from jump street.

It should have been some minor television programming as a way to showcase their ridiculous tape collection...

Instead, he tries to pawn it off as some ridiculous reality TV network with lots of "original programming" that surely, no one will really watch.

Outkicking his coverage is exactly it. Instead of a WWE Classics Channel, which, I believe would surely be hooked and simple to produce, he goes for a reality TV network...yeah, smart move, fuckface. Stick to wrestling weekly episodic television.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

They didn't just push it as a reality network, that's only some of the content. The problem is it's a WWE network and mainstream people don't trust McMahon and pro wrasslin in the least.

Fans are still viewed as toothless hillbillies who can't read. So how are they going to push this network on cable systems and satellite companies asking for a legit price when nobody believes it's worth it? Getting new networks on packages are already a fight for blood as it is.

The problem was they apparently dove into the pool without doing any actual planning for what they were getting into. Funny though since there's been talk of a WWE Network for at least a decade since they started buying up all the tape libraries. It's a farce they were so ill prepared.

lmao when they announced the April 1 date. They'll be lucky if it ever gets off the ground.

Comment

• Maynard
                            stupid ass titles
                            • Feb 2009

the rock says cleveland set a record for the largest sell out crowd in WWE history

havnt they been to stadiums and shit?

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                              the rock says cleveland set a record for the largest sell out crowd in WWE history

havnt they been to stadiums and shit?
                              He said it was the largest sell-out crowd in WWE history in Cleveland, I believe. So I'm not even sure that it was the largest crowd WWE had ever drawn in Cleveland - probably just the largest that could be counted as a sell-out in Cleveland.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                                No longer a noob
                                • Apr 2011

The problem with selling ad time, and ultimately the problem with this entire project, is that every study on the topic shows that people who watch wrestling make less money and have less disposable income than viewers of any other sport or comparable form of entertainment. Thus, the ad rates are shit.

So when you talk about the NHL doing lower ratings than the WWE, that may be true, but advertisers still covet ad time on NHL games more than WWE RAW. Same for something like the Golf Channel, which draws minuscule amounts of total viewers, but those viewers are mostly affluent white males who buy Cadillacs, invest money, and are prescribe to boner pills. The Golf Channel or NHL Network 0.2 is worth more than the RAW 3.1.
                                With all due respect, no shit the Golf Channel has viewers with more disposable income. That's a big reason why they're on basic cable. I maintain that the NHL and WWE sell similar #s in merchandise. Much like Spike, there are advertisers who target that demo. Not to mention the large kid following that the WWE has. Nickelodeon has never had a problem selling ad time as long as I've been alive because everyone knows that kids are morons who get garbage bought for them everyday.

Precisely. Vince is a big fish in a small pond. He wants to branch out and prove he's this great businessman, but he's failed at every single turn. So he has to settle for being a hugely successful wrasslin' CEO. So instead of changing businesses, he decides to change the wrasslin' business. So in his mind, he's a hugely successful sports entertainment businessman. Which is the same thing to anybody who doesn't get his signature on their paycheck. Only difference is, like you've mentioned, the giant amount of money he's left on the table. Is there any real question that if the WWF really went belly-up in the 90s and left the wrasslin' business for good, that he'd be anywhere in the same stratosphere in terms of riches or success today?

Comment

Working...