• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Male Wrestlers

Alberto Del Rio: $675,000 downside/first class travel – 3 year contract
    Big Show: $1,050,000 downside/allocated a personal touring bus/first class travel arrangements paid for, when bus travel is not an option – 10 year contract
    Brodus Clay: $170,000 downside – 2 year contract
    Christian: $595,000 downside/first class travel – 3 year contract
    CM Punk: $1,220,500 downside/allocated a personal touring bus/first class travel arrangements paid for, when bus travel is not an option/receives an additional 3.25% bonus for high merchandise sales – 7 year contract
    Cody Rhodes: $494,500 downside – 3 year contract
    Daniel Bryan: $620,470 downside – 3 year contract
    Darren Young: $80,145 downside – 3 year contract
    Dolph Ziggler: $540,230 downside – 3 year contract
    Jack Swagger: $319,000 downside – 3 year contract
    Jinder Mahal: $75,000 downside – 3 year contract
    John Cena: $2,750,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation/receives an additional 6.25% bonus for high merchandise sales – 10 year contract
    Kane: $905,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation – 5 year contract
    Kofi Kingston: $254,200 downside – 3 year contract
    Mark Henry: $877,000 downside/first class travel – 10 year contract
    Randy Orton: $1,600,500 downside/allocated a personal touring bus/first class travel arrangements paid for, when bus travel is not an option/receives an additional 2.2% bonus for high merchandise sales – 10 year contract
    Rey Mysterio: $985,000 downside/first class travel arrangements/receives an additional 4% bonus for high merchandise sales – 5 year contract
    Sheamus: $1,000,000 downside/first class travel arrangements – 7 year contract
    Tensai: $520,000 downside – 3 year contract
    The Great Khali: $974,000 downside – 5 year contract
    The Miz: $712,000 downside/first class travel – 5 year contract
    Zack Ryder: $135,050 downside/receives an additional 1.5% bonus for high merchandise sales – 3 year contract

Divas

Alicia Fox: $72,520 downside – 3 year contract
    AJ Lee: $104,300 downside – 3 year contract
    Beth Phoenix: $112,500 downside/first class travel – 3 year contract
    Eve: $109,475 downside/first class travel – 5 year contract
    Layla: $86,450 downside – 3 year contract
    Natalya: $74,410 downside – 3 year contract

Announcers

Booker T: $477,375 downside/first class travel and accommodation – 3 year contract
    Jerry Lawler: $500,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation/allowed to make independent appearances – 5 year contract
    Matt Striker: $164,000 downside – 3 year contract
    Michael Cole: $549,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation – 5 year contract

Not sure if its legit.

Comment

• BigBiss
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
      Not sure if its legit.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Originally posted by BigBiss
        I thought Cena would make more.

Comment

• IamMedellin
          Everything Burns...
          • Nov 2008

Cole Does Not make more than Lawler.....Does He?

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

almost none of these guys are making 6 figures, im sure punk just broke 6 with his last contract ... Big show 10 year contract? why who are the locking him up from?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
              I thought Cena would make more.
              I don't know if these are legit, but guys like Cena & Punk makes way more than that.

These are downsides, which means this is the BARE MINIMUM. As in, if you are hurt and never work. Or, you are Trent Barreta and never get used.

Cena works every PPV, sells tons of merch, gets massive DVD residuals, is in every video game, works every house show tour, etc etc etc. These guys all get a piece of that stuff, and the top guys get a bigger piece. He gets his downside before ANY of that. The last I read he was pushing eight figure per year, some years breaking it.

Those downsides look a little high for some of the lower card people listed.

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

Don't forget the money they get off of endorsements. Cena probably makes a lot more than what that number says all things considered.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                  Don't forget the money they get off of endorsements. Cena probably makes a lot more than what that number says all things considered.
                  Not probably, he does. He probably cracked seven figures at WrestleMania alone last year, it grossed $68M and he main evented.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Seems off. Henry's original 10 year deal ended in recent years...why sign him to another 10 years?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Also, Big Show 10-years?

I know he just got a new deal (which is why he lost to Del Rio, they were afraid he was going to walk with the title), but why sign a guy who is over 40 to such a long deal? Not to be mean, but dude is also a giant and might not live ten more years.

Comment

• Aso
                        The Serious House
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Also, Big Show 10-years?

I know he just got a new deal (which is why he lost to Del Rio, they were afraid he was going to walk with the title), but why sign a guy who is over 40 to such a long deal? Not to be mean, but dude is also a giant and might not live ten more years.
                        So you're saying he wouldn't be a terrible pick in a death pool?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

OK, I found an old thread from Meltzer's board with this same list, I will copy & paste Metlzer's reponses:

Whenever these things come out, I check with several people and they've always been off. I'll check again.
                          Just for the record, "I got off the record" numbers on five guys on the list. Four are way off on the high side. One is pretty close.

One guy I know personally is listed for double his downside.
                          Here's the guy who is listed as "double"...

John Cena's downside is $1 million.

So that can pretty much tell you the accuracy of the list.
                          ...so there you go. If Cena is at $1M, clearly the rest are bullshit. Nobody is going to be higher than him, and lots of mid carders are listed as being close, too.

From one of the biggest stars:

The day a Diva gets first class airfare in their contract is many years after the day Vince McMahon is no longer in control.
                          L-O-L

Also, this thread I found was from October, and Big Show just had his contract expire this month, so clearly the list is bullshit.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Im guessing someone pulled it from TEW

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

LOL @ this

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

Austin Aries and Bobby Roode defeated Hernandez and Chavo Guerrero to win the TNA Tag Team Championship.

Also, after months of speculation, TNA rookies Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco were revealed as members of the Aces & Eights. Following a steel cage match between Kurt Angle and Ken Anderson, Brisco entered the ring to help Angle fight off a masked attacker. The man took off his mask to reveal himself as Garrett Bischoff, and the two beat down Kurt Angle inside of the steel cage

Comment

Working...