X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

A lot of people dislike Quack, and i've heard a lot of the stories about how quirky he is and some of the spats he's had with people, but I always find him fascinating to listen to, and I think he's a well spoken, intelligent guy.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
      Did they seriously split up Team Rhodes Scholars? Just get rid of the tag team division altogether now
      And it looks like they could start a Swagger push as well........

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Swagger looks like he hasn't been to a gym or a tanning booth since they last pushed him.

Do they keep these people in packing styrofoam in between pushes?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Swagger looks like he hasn't been to a gym or a tanning booth since they last pushed him.

Do they keep these people in packing styrofoam in between pushes?
          You might be correct, the only problem I see is the facial hair he's got going on, which they could have taken from Danielson. No one would ever know.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

They need to make Jack Swagger a super patriotic face and have him feud with Cesaro

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

I hope this is not the case, but I've seen it rumored that Ziggler could get a WHC match or be in the Chamber and end up winning, then throwing away the briefcase saying he doesn't need it anymore. Then, Jericho comes into possession of the briefcase and takes the title from Zigger. That's as far as I've heard the rumor. Further speculation from me is that he drops the belt to The Ryback at Wrestlemania. Dumb to waste all of this time building Ziggler on that, but it's par for the course for WWE.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                I hope this is not the case, but I've seen it rumored that Ziggler could get a WHC match or be in the Chamber and end up winning, then throwing away the briefcase saying he doesn't need it anymore. Then, Jericho comes into possession of the briefcase and takes the title from Zigger. That's as far as I've heard the rumor. Further speculation from me is that he drops the belt to The Ryback at Wrestlemania. Dumb to waste all of this time building Ziggler on that, but it's par for the course for WWE.
                LOL, that was Pills fantasy booking a few pages back in this thread.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                  War Hero
                  • Dec 2009

I think Pills stole it from somewhere because some kid on my facebook fan group said the same thing

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

LOL, that was Pills fantasy booking a few pages back in this thread.
                    I've seen it elsewhere. A friend of mine told me about it and I'll see if he can send me the source/link again

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                      What's funny, and also sad, about TNA is that they had shots at all these Indy guys before WWE did for the most part. CM Punk and Claudio and Tyler Black and Moxley. Not sure about Danielson. But the WWE has done a better job of being an alternative to the WWE than TNA has, if that makes any sense. They've smartly scooped up a lot of historically non-WWE guys, and sprinkled them in seamlessly with their "entertainers" like Ryback and Orton.
                      They have very very bad scouting.

TNA should have scooped the majority of these Indy guys up a LONG time ago.

They should have Gargano, should have hired Generico, they should bring in Elgin, they should bring in the Briscoes, Adam Cole, Sami Callihan, hell...I'd bring in Steen, too, looking like shit or not. Bring in AR Fox, Uhaa Nation...

I mean, TNA should just be scooping guys up.

Instead they bring in Mike Knox, Wes Brisco, Tommy Mercer, and other bums with no upside to business.

TNA should embrace the Indie scene...be that bridge from Indies to the mainstream...bring your gimmick, too...no need to have a name change.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

While I agree that TNA failed to exploit the robust indie scene while WWE was ignoring it and hiring guys like Mason Ryan, let's also remember that at least some of those guys would have never went to TNA anyway. Some would have, but others have turned them down in the past, figuring the money isn't any better in some cases, plus you get that TNA stench on you that is hard to rub off sometimes.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                          War Hero
                          • Dec 2009

So what happens with guys like Kurt Angle who came to TNA to avoid the hectic travel schedule now that they are hitting the road?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                            So what happens with guys like Kurt Angle who came to TNA to avoid the hectic travel schedule now that they are hitting the road?
                            The travel isn't even close.

Plus, the guys who really don't want to hit the road have limited dates in their deals.

And in the case on Angle, WWE dropped him because they were scared he was gonna turn up dead in a hotel room with an empty bottle of pills next to the bed.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

The travel isn't even close.

Plus, the guys who really don't want to hit the road have limited dates in their deals.

And in the case on Angle, WWE dropped him because they were scared he was gonna turn up dead in a hotel room with an empty bottle of pills next to the bed.
                              To be fair, Angle was probably well on his way to that ending at that point.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

While I agree that TNA failed to exploit the robust indie scene while WWE was ignoring it and hiring guys like Mason Ryan, let's also remember that at least some of those guys would have never went to TNA anyway. Some would have, but others have turned them down in the past, figuring the money isn't any better in some cases, plus you get that TNA stench on you that is hard to rub off sometimes.
                                There is a ton of Indie talent...if they can hit on 1/3 they would be better off.

They basically got Joe, Aries, Daniels, and Styles. Basically, guys the WWE thought were too fat, too small, too old, and a guy that doesnt care the WWE exists.

The WWE got everyone else.

Comment

Working...