X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

It's not a total name change for TNA but it is a marketing ploy.

Nothing will change for the better until they get their shit together creatively (ie. Fire Russo and hire a competent person), but people have said that for over five years.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      It's not a total name change for TNA but it is a marketing ploy.

Nothing will change for the better until they get their shit together creatively (ie. Fire Russo and hire a competent person), but people have said that for over five years.
      Much as I think Russo is a fuck-wit, I really don't think he's the problem here. The only time Russo has been fully in charge was late 2009 and TNA actually had a nice run during that period. Far from perfect, but a vast improvement over the hot garbage that Hogan and Bischoff have spewed out consistently.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
        Much as I think Russo is a fuck-wit, I really don't think he's the problem here. The only time Russo has been fully in charge was late 2009 and TNA actually had a nice run during that period. Far from perfect, but a vast improvement over the hot garbage that Hogan and Bischoff have spewed out consistently.
        Russo isn't THE problem, at least not anymore, but he is A problem. They just expounded on their problems when they hired Hogan and Bischoff.

Comment

• manchild24
          Kyle got fired
          • Nov 2008

TNA is garbage or whatever its called tonight but its almost like an accident, you cant look away. I'll watch (well not tonight/maybe to see Chyna) to see what they steal from WWE, how shitty a product they have, how, why, you get the point.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
            No longer a noob
            • Apr 2011

The name change has been a long time coming. How it hasn't been changed before this is beyond me. I don't see how it's a jab though, they can't just call the shit Impact.

And Empire, Hogan and company have done 10x more damage than Russo ever will. Russo just writes (poorly). He doesn't give pushes to worthless guys like Rob Terry and Jeff Hardy. Russo was involved when TNA was watchable. The same can't be said of Bischoff and Hogan.

And who didn't see the foreign heel coming? Once Vince saw the reaction to the Osama announcement his USA boner got as hard as a sponge, which is what he tops out at these days.
            SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• Bigpapa42
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
              TNA is garbage or whatever its called tonight but its almost like an accident, you cant look away. I'll watch (well not tonight/maybe to see Chyna) to see what they steal from WWE, how shitty a product they have, how, why, you get the point.
              Its not that hard to look away, to be honest. I haven't watched a full epsiode of Impact since October, when they had their much-hyped 10/10/10 bullshit. Ironically, I haven't removed it from my PVR schedule yet, just because I find a touch of satisfaction in deleting it unwatched every week. I mind some "car wreck" satisfaction from watching it, but I don't for the same reason that I don't watch horrible reality TV that has the same type of appeal.

But honestly, if you hold out any hope of TNA getting the message and starting to figure things out so they don't completely suck - its a small hope, but some still have it - then continuing to watch is really just compounding the problem. The most effective way to tell TNA that they fucking things up is to stop watching.

Comment

• manchild24
                Kyle got fired
                • Nov 2008

i have no faith in them what so ever. Young Guys are being wasted on there and wash ups are holding on.

Imagine in used right what type of Heel Matt Morgan could bring to WWE ro AJ styles as a face on Smackdown

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2011

Styles would be Evan Bourne, and Morgan would be....wait, they already did that. That's what makes TNA so bad. It COULD be a place where non-WWE guys make it like Styles, Daniels, Lethal, Shelley, Sabin, Beer Money and the like become what they should be. But 101 times out of 100, they drop the ball.
                  SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Plus, Dixie doesn't know a damn thing about running a successful wrestling company.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                      No longer a noob
                      • Apr 2011

Really, the only thing I hate Russo for (besides reverse battle royals) is running off Cornette. If they could have kept him and let him write the card and build feuds, they wouldn't have dropped off as much post-D'Amore. But of course they would have eventually hired Hogan and flushed the product down the toilet anyway....

Comment

• manchild24
                        Kyle got fired
                        • Nov 2008

i hate those beer money fuckers, the one reminds me on an HBK wanna be

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Angels announcers donned "rally" lucha masks in extras and they won the game. lol

They're doing a gimmick on 5/10 giving away lucha masks where they will try to break the record of the most amount of people wearing lucha masks in one setting.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                            No longer a noob
                            • Apr 2011

Between that and the name change, I think they're trying to slowly transition to a minor league team.

Comment

• manchild24
                              Kyle got fired
                              • Nov 2008

with no draft, mlb game worth watching, or NBA I watched the dog shit of show TNA last night.

Terrible segment with Spanky, three other guys and Bisch. they compalin about not being used, their talent wasting away. Bisch tells them to grow 14 inches and get out of his face and they just leave. WOW

Terry whatever his name is may possibly be one of the worst wrestlers ever. get his ass another steroid. His finisher (suplex, puts guy on this shoulder, body slam) If he does this move any SLOWER id shit. Use to love Rikishis move how fast it was, I remember saying holy shit the first time I saw it.

Winter and the messed up chick vs velvet sky. (i like the chicks here because of the shit they wear in the ring) Sky is beating the shit out of her with kicks and punches and she isnt moving a bit then this messed up chick goes for an elbow smash, missed and you thought she broke her arm. GARBAGE

I do miss Mickei James though.

Comment

• GoRedRocket
                                Noob
                                • May 2011

I tried to watch TNA a few weeks ago and got through about 10 minutes before I changed the channel. I cant imagine that the wrestlers involved actually think its a good product that they are producing.

Comment

Working...