X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whuteva
    Noob
    • Jul 2012

thought the show would have moresubstance, but it was ok. It'd be cool to have a rock/punk thing last through wm, but they can't have cena outta the title picture for too long. taker needs to hang 'em up.

Comment

• BigBiss
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by whuteva
      thought the show would have moresubstance, but it was ok. It'd be cool to have a rock/punk thing last through wm, but they can't have cena outta the title picture for too long. taker needs to hang 'em up.
      Same thing came to mind with me, I guess we got AJ as GM, Brock and HHH and the Punk "Heel turn" and I guess a new IC champ but it felt very empty

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Watched RAW for the first time in forever.

I hate how they use Piper. He shouldn't be treated like a random cameo geek, he was one of the key figures of the expansion and the main catalyst for Hogan in '85-'86.

If this was a "loaded" show, I shudder at the thought of a run-of-the-mill three hour RAW. Show was pretty boring. This AJ thing just sucks the life out of me every time, I have less than zero interest in her character, but now she's the focal point of the show.

Don't care about Brock/HHH, only the Heyman promos.

Big Show involved in major stories in 2012 is mind boggling. When he wrestles, I feel like i'm watching that scene in Austin Powers where Scott is telling Dr. Evil to "Just shoot him in the head! I have a gun, I will kill them right now!". Why doesn't Big Show just immediately punch every opponent in the head with his PUNCH OF DOOM? That finisher has the worst psychology. It requires no softening up, set up, etc. It's just a punch to the head! Just do it immediately! He was punching Cena in the gut last night, and im thinking to myself, why? JUST PUNCH HIM IN THE HEAD! He'll be dead! I know it's silly WWE wrestling, I just cant get past that. It bugs me.

The IC title changed? lol. I must have fast forwarded. I don;t even know who the old champion was. Great job getting that title over.

The six man opener was entrances, commercial, heat spot on Mistico, finish. Lol. They would really eliminate the matches if they could figure out a way to do it.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich
          no Stone Cold AT RAW?! WTF?!
          He said he had knee surgery earlier this month and is only recently getting rid of the crutches.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Daniel Bryan is so good in his role, that he is almost too good, and might end up being typecast into that type of character for the rest of his run.

Remember when we all thought Bryan Danielson would struggle with the personality end of being in the WWE? LOL. The guy just gets it, what a talent.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

I actually liked AJ...when she was simply Danielson's valet and girlfriend...even when Danielson dumped her, she was pretty good at her part...then, like always, the WWE went full retard. She's a likable chick...very cute, non-threatening, actually plays her part well...but they took her from a bench player and stuck her into the 3-hole (lol!) in 2 months. Ol girl has jumped the shark a few times in this Bryan-Punk feud. Now, instead of bringing her back down to earth and letting her be Bryan's valet and "wife" and they both go face and get the push (which is what the crowd wanted), they turn Danielson heel again, bury him (have they learned that Danielson is unburyable...he's just too good) and make AJ the central figure on the show.

Awful.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                I actually liked AJ...when she was simply Danielson's valet and girlfriend...even when Danielson dumped her, she was pretty good at her part...then, like always, the WWE went full retard. She's a likable chick...very cute, non-threatening, actually plays her part well...but they took her from a bench player and stuck her into the 3-hole (lol!) in 2 months. Ol girl has jumped the shark a few times in this Bryan-Punk feud. Now, instead of bringing her back down to earth and letting her be Bryan's valet and "wife" and they both go face and get the push (which is what the crowd wanted), they turn Danielson heel again, bury him (have they learned that Danielson is unburyable...he's just too good) and make AJ the central figure on the show.

Awful.
                Biss nailed it when he said they went through six months of AJ storyline in like two weeks.

Also, why did they show Bryan with four indy guys dressed as handlers from a mental institution? They never went back to that and it didn't play into the angle. Did they run short on time and cut something?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

So i've missed TNA the last two weeks (DirecTV). Has the momentum kept up?

Comment

• Derrville
                    Dallas has no coaching...
                    • Jul 2009

What exactly makes this a Punk Heel turn because since the Rocks come back hes been annoying as fuck and what Punk did is what Id expect out of anyone at this point. It didnt seem to be any different than the times Austin stunned Rock when they both were both faces done clearing a ring or something. And its not like he asked Big Show to come out or any thing or even really help him.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Derrville
                      What exactly makes this a Punk Heel turn because since the Rocks come back hes been annoying as fuck and what Punk did is what Id expect out of anyone at this point. It didnt seem to be any different than the times Austin stunned Rock when they both were both faces done clearing a ring or something. And its not like he asked Big Show to come out or any thing or even really help him.
                      It's because he made menacing faces and was breathing heavy.

They'll probably do some goofy Punk/Show vs Rock/Cena match at some point. Or better yet, the 'WWE special' where people who hate each other are forced to team up, so it'll be Punk/Rock vs Cena/Show. WHAT WILL HAPPEN??!! CAN THEY CO-EXIST!!!!!!?????

Punk was due for a heel turn, but I agree, from a character standpoint its hard to blame him for leveling The Rock. If this was 1996 ECW all four of these guys would be different shades of gray, with Cena being almost all white and Show being almost black.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Biss nailed it when he said they went through six months of AJ storyline in like two weeks.

Also, why did they show Bryan with four indy guys dressed as handlers from a mental institution? They never went back to that and it didn't play into the angle. Did they run short on time and cut something?
                        I wondered that too. I was hoping that Daniel Bryan was going to go full heel by having her forcibly committed once they were husband and wife. That would have been a great way to tie up the crazy chick angle

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

I took it that Bryan wanted to marry her so he could get rid of her and leave his path to the title wide open. He's so pissed because now that she's the stupid GM, that road is shut.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                            Everything Burns...
                            • Nov 2008

is there gonna be a podcast for this?

So much to tlk about...that Heyman castration/Brock punking was pretty Blatant/expected

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                              So i've missed TNA the last two weeks (DirecTV). Has the momentum kept up?
                              Base hits.

Nothing ground breaking...but they are on a good path, so I'll take base hits.

AJ-Claire storyline is awful.
                              This Aces and Eights Storyline (the bums that beat up Hogan and Sting) is looking like a gang of ex-WWE guys like Luke Gallows, Mike Knox, etc. At least, that is who they are using, but it may not be the same guys under the masks when they do a reveal...unsure if this is a good storyline.

But, BFG series rages on and that provides good content weekly.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Comment

Working...