X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dave Meltzer/Wrestling Observer
    I guess the new thing people do is buy twitter followers. I suppose the idea is like papering an arena. It makes it look like you are more popular than you are. Anyway, somebody did a twitter audit of TNA and found that of the 189,000 twitter followers, only 27,639 are real and the rest are fake, in the sense they went and purchased them or got them in a fraudulent or dishonest way

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JayDizzle
      They had to do something with the market that WWE has. Still, pretty laughable to have to do that.

Comment

• krulmichael
        STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle

Twitch Channel
        http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
        Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
        Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
        Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
        Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Derrville
          Dallas has no coaching...
          • Jul 2009

None of you nerds could possibly believe that retarded twitter story, could you?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Derrville
            None of you nerds could possibly believe that retarded twitter story, could you?
            Considering that weird story that involved that betting freelance "writer" from ESPN a few months ago where she was scamming people out of their Twitter and Facebook groups, it's not far fetched to think something like that would happen.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

Are you Dixie Carter's son?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

TNA was fantastic last night, FWIW.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2011

I'm still liking TNA. The Gut Check thing does need to be more picky to take it to the next level. If you had some hardass, like Taz who used to be portrayed as ages ago, who said no to everyone, then he could start someone on the way to getting over just by saying yes once. I really, really like Storm/Roode. I don't get W2B on them. They aren't the biggest standouts, sure. But they play their parts REALLY well. Storm is perfect as a face in a southern promotion, as I thought he could be since the inception of BM. Hard to tell still, since that damn Impact Zone is still in play, but I'd wager he gets a decent reaction in ARI. I hate Dixie's involvement and Hardy being that far up the card. Him coming in for the save stood out as a sore thumb. Aries is a stud, great in the ring, great on the mic, really putting in some good work. Bully is still an awesome throwback heel, 100x better in the ring than 5 years ago, as good as anyone right now on the mic. And then you got drug addict Hardy who has never been any good on the mic and is sloppy as hell in the ring. Bully is sloppy too, but he's probably in the best shape of his life, he's actually selling for once, and his pacing is vastly improved. The guy is working his tail off and deserves his spot. Aries is too. Hardy is just there because Dixie and Hogan are fanboys of the guy.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

People purchase mass twitter followers all the time.

This came from Meltzer, you can trust it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                      I'm still liking TNA. The Gut Check thing does need to be more picky to take it to the next level. If you had some hardass, like Taz who used to be portrayed as ages ago, who said no to everyone, then he could start someone on the way to getting over just by saying yes once. I really, really like Storm/Roode. I don't get W2B on them. They aren't the biggest standouts, sure. But they play their parts REALLY well. Storm is perfect as a face in a southern promotion, as I thought he could be since the inception of BM. Hard to tell still, since that damn Impact Zone is still in play, but I'd wager he gets a decent reaction in ARI. I hate Dixie's involvement and Hardy being that far up the card. Him coming in for the save stood out as a sore thumb. Aries is a stud, great in the ring, great on the mic, really putting in some good work. Bully is still an awesome throwback heel, 100x better in the ring than 5 years ago, as good as anyone right now on the mic. And then you got drug addict Hardy who has never been any good on the mic and is sloppy as hell in the ring. Bully is sloppy too, but he's probably in the best shape of his life, he's actually selling for once, and his pacing is vastly improved. The guy is working his tail off and deserves his spot. Aries is too. Hardy is just there because Dixie and Hogan are fanboys of the guy.
                      Hardy is also there because when he was with the WWE he was a legit superstar and a legit draw. For whatever reason, he never connects on that level with TNA. It's not like he's any better on the mic or any better in the ring when he works in the other company, so it makes no sense. It's just a matter of TNA having so little visibility outside of the same 1.whatever million that watch every week.

Maybe they need to buy more twitter followers.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                        No longer a noob
                        • Apr 2011

Someone on another board asked why Raw, which is now 3 hours of utter garbage and feces thrown at the wall, needs an over-run. I think my head exploded when I tried to come up with a plausible answer....

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                          No longer a noob
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Hardy is also there because when he was with the WWE he was a legit superstar and a legit draw. For whatever reason, he never connects on that level with TNA. It's not like he's any better on the mic or any better in the ring when he works in the other company, so it makes no sense. It's just a matter of TNA having so little visibility outside of the same 1.whatever million that watch every week.

Maybe they need to buy more twitter followers.
                          I never understood the appeal with Hardy past about 2005. It's different promotions, though. Like I don't think you could put the Four Horsemen on the marquee in the WWF in 92, but they could draw all by themselves in WCW. TNA's fanbase overlaps old WCW fans, such as myself, and Indy nerds. Neither of which have been conditioned to over-look Hardy's obvious flaws.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                            I never understood the appeal with Hardy past about 2005. It's different promotions, though. Like I don't think you could put the Four Horsemen on the marquee in the WWF in 92, but they could draw all by themselves in WCW. TNA's fanbase overlaps old WCW fans, such as myself, and Indy nerds. Neither of which have been conditioned to over-look Hardy's obvious flaws.
                            Agreed, I get why people like you or me don't dig Hardy all that much, but you would think that a guy who was that popular with kids and females would have drawn some of his fans over to keep up with his career. But it hasn't been the case.

Angle, Hogan, and Sting, while their presence means virtually nothing for business now, at least for varying degrees of time brought new eyeballs to the table and increased TV rating (and in Angle's case, increased PPV substantially).

Hardy has never moved the needle, ever. Just like WWE mid card guys like The Dudleyz, Booker T, Christian, etc who came over with tons of fan fare but really did nothing for business. And Hardy was a much, much bigger star than any of those people (and you can at least argue even bigger than Angle), so I just don't get it.

FWIW, Flair made no difference either, but I think people are sad about Flair and just don't want to see him in his current state.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Hardy at the top frustrates me. He's proven to be lazy and unreliable. They've given him face runs at the top, heel turn runs at the top, and every time, something happens and he ends up with disappointing runs.

This kind of storyline...the slow heel turn of a jealous champion would go over much better with someone like Kurt Angle. Sure, Hardy was pretty popular in the WWE, but I've never once considered the guy "accomplished" by any means. Kurt Angle on the other hand...yes. I just don't see Jeff Hardy as a legit star...he's like RVD, IMO...big following, but, not a main event star at this point, and, kind of washed up. Hogan is one of the biggest stars ever...barely moved the needle for TNA...Angle and Sting are the only ones that moved the needle.

TNA's biggest PPV at their hottest period has a pretty underwhelming main event, IMO, completely due to Jeff Hardy.

As for Storm and Roode...I think they are just very good, solid guys. They aren't stars...will never be stars on a national scale...Roode reminds me, as a heel, of that Shane Douglas/HHH type of heel, that, as a champion is just good and steady. Will never move a needle (H's would never move a needle, IMO, in the WWE bubble, he's forced, but not a natural elite guy), but when someone with heat behind them gets that championship win over them, its deemed as important (Aries, for example).

Storm is your classic southern babyface. If this were 1987, he'd fit right in with the Freebirds or would be a staple at the top of a card in the south.

Both guys are classic "B" type guys.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

btw - Hulk Hogan going to the Aces + Eights "Clubhouse" next week reminds me of Hogan going to the Dungeon of Doom when the THE MASTER and Kevin Sullivan magically zapped him out of his carbonite encasing.

"Where am I? THERE ARE NO HULKAMANIACS HERE!!!"

And then sticks his hand in water, jerks his hand back and says "THATS NOT HOT!"

Eventually leads to The Giant joining the Dungeon of Doom.

Great laugh-a-second segment.

Comment

Working...