X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

This Aries heel turn would go better if CM Punk wasn't doing the same thing.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
      Beautiful Like Moses
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      btw - Hulk Hogan going to the Aces + Eights "Clubhouse" next week reminds me of Hogan going to the Dungeon of Doom when the THE MASTER and Kevin Sullivan magically zapped him out of his carbonite encasing.

"Where am I? THERE ARE NO HULKAMANIACS HERE!!!"

And then sticks his hand in water, jerks his hand back and says "THATS NOT HOT!"

Eventually leads to The Giant joining the Dungeon of Doom.

Great laugh-a-second segment.
      Hahaha this was a fucking hilarious segment.

In relation anyone remember this? God awful.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

Not to mention the Yetay! 95 was a pile. WCW losing the battle of trying to beat the WWF at their own game targeting stupid kids with shitty gimmicks. IIRC, that was the year of King Mabel, too.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Hardy at the top frustrates me. He's proven to be lazy and unreliable. They've given him face runs at the top, heel turn runs at the top, and every time, something happens and he ends up with disappointing runs.

This kind of storyline...the slow heel turn of a jealous champion would go over much better with someone like Kurt Angle. Sure, Hardy was pretty popular in the WWE, but I've never once considered the guy "accomplished" by any means. Kurt Angle on the other hand...yes. I just don't see Jeff Hardy as a legit star...he's like RVD, IMO...big following, but, not a main event star at this point, and, kind of washed up. Hogan is one of the biggest stars ever...barely moved the needle for TNA...Angle and Sting are the only ones that moved the needle.

TNA's biggest PPV at their hottest period has a pretty underwhelming main event, IMO, completely due to Jeff Hardy.
          Great comparison to RVD.

What I think is happening is that they are trying to set up a card to have WWE followers tune and, and hope they stick. WWE has had a terrible tag team division for some time, why not put a 3-way tag match for the championship there and have a great team featured in Angle and Stylez, who would appeal to WWE fans. With Hardy in the Main Event, they are putting someone recognizable to WWE fans who they are hoping will draw and I believe they will have Hardy come down with the belt and hopefully have those WWE followers tuning in.

They've hit on the tag team matchup in a major way. They will also have some major unveiling with the Aces and 8's most likely, but they could do much better for this main event, and this is coming from a guy who really likes Jeff Hardy from the time he spent in WWE, and is a new TNA viewer.

Comment

• Liquidrob
            Izzy is a bum
            • Feb 2009

Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
              LOL

Kenny Omega vs the 9-year old girl in DDT

That was either 2009 or 2010, can't remember, but there was a movement to get that girl voted Rookie of the Year. They went about 6 or 7 minutes, and it was better than probably half the RAW matches you'll ever see. Omega was great and the little girl was just awesome. She sold like a 10-year veteran.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

Catching up with this week's Smackdown:

[youtube]66KEEojmc9c[/youtube]

The beginning and ending made it special.

Also, seeing Edge again was pretty neat.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

I fucking love the Kane/Bryan tag team. I continue to be amazed at how good AmDrag is a breathing life into what would normally be shit gimmicks.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                    I fucking love the Kane/Bryan tag team. I continue to be amazed at how good AmDrag is a breathing life into what would normally be shit gimmicks.
                    Imagine what he will do when they finally get behind him.

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                      Imagine what he will do when they finally get behind him.
                      they would find a way to make him lame ... last time CM Punk was interesting was was before they got behind him

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Stay classy WWE

Showing a pic of the EMTs doing chest compressions to Lawler...

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                          Hahaha this was a fucking hilarious segment.

In relation anyone remember this? God awful.

1995 is just the worst. There's literally like 2 redeeming things from that entire year and that entire company. Just beyond awful television, terrible booking, medicore matches, just beyond silly. If you actually look back at the Dungeon of Doom stuff it's so horrendous, the Yeti, SHARK, fucking Giant getting thrown off a building then coming back an hour later, I mean seriously, try to find something good from that year.

At least WWF had some okay matches with Hart on top, WCW couldn't even put together decent matches as they fired most of their good workers and hired all of Hogan's buddies.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                            No longer a noob
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by FedEx227
                            1995 is just the worst. There's literally like 2 redeeming things from that entire year and that entire company. Just beyond awful television, terrible booking, medicore matches, just beyond silly. If you actually look back at the Dungeon of Doom stuff it's so horrendous, the Yeti, SHARK, fucking Giant getting thrown off a building then coming back an hour later, I mean seriously, try to find something good from that year.

At least WWF had some okay matches with Hart on top, WCW couldn't even put together decent matches as they fired most of their good workers and hired all of Hogan's buddies.
                            I'm pretty sure 95 saw the beginning of the Brian Pillman "Loose Cannon" gimmick with the Horsemen. That was good. That was it, though.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Ahh, "target logo" era WCW, so awful it was awesomely bad.

Jim Duggan taped fist finishes, Renegade, EVAD SULLIVAN, Pretty Wonderful, don't forget Hogan & Savage vs something like 25 guys in the tower of doom. Everything was so bad in a train wreck way that you couldn't look away.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                                No longer a noob
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                                Ahh, "target logo" era WCW, so awful it was awesomely bad.

Jim Duggan taped fist finishes, Renegade, EVAD SULLIVAN, Pretty Wonderful, don't forget Hogan & Savage vs something like 25 guys in the tower of doom. Everything was so bad in a train wreck way that you couldn't look away.
                                They brought back Tiny Lister! Craziness. It's like they let Hogan run the whole thing, which is probably true.

They also brought in Sabu for a short time, with him trying to put people through real, thick tables and almost always failing.

Comment

Working...