X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperKevin
    War Hero
    • Dec 2009

Yeah the swelling went down quickly but it was still insane how bad he looked at first

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

lol at this….latest back issue of the Observer is from October 23, 1995. In the span of a week:

-Bill Watts quit WWF as booker because he discovered he did not have as much power as he thought. Vince is still the man in charge while Brisco handles house show finishes, JR is the main assistant booker, while Pritchard and Patterson are assistants booking TV.

- (the infamous Syracuse incident) Shawn, Bulldog & Waltman got beat up outside a bar in Syracuse by a group of 8-10 servicemen before a plain clothes cop appeared and drew a gun (the attackers drove away, never to be found or prosecuted).

Waltman wasn't injured. Bulldog's eye got fucked up (one of the attackers eye-gouged the fuck out of him) while Shawn's face was badly damaged. He needed stitches, his eyelid re-attached and both of his eyes were swollen shut. He did not suffer a concussion and had no broken bones, so he was released from the hospital hours after the incident.

Shawn flew back to San Antonio to rest. Bulldog and Waltman continued on the road. It was basically 50/50 whether Michaels would return in time to wrestle Dean Douglas at the In Your House PPV (he did not, Douglas got the IC title by forfeit).

- About a week earlier, Shawn Michaels was in an incident with the Blu Brothers backstage at a matinee charity show at MSG. Shawn was in the locker room when Don Harris locked the door with a chair…Ron grabbed him by the throat and they "scared" Michaels. They didn't beat him up or anything like that. Their final appearance with WWF was a few days later so there was no formal punishment. The beef was said to be from "personal disagreements."

- Undertaker suffered a broken orbital bone and is out for about a month, missing the PPV. In a house show match in Rhode Island, Mabel tried to clothesline Taker, but they were too far apart and Taker ended up getting cracked in the face with his fist. After working a few more dates, he couldn't take the pain anymore and eventually underwent surgery. He was expected back for Survivor Series (which he made).

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

So for those more in the know than myself, which is most of you, what is the current speculation on the TNA 1-3-13 promo?

Comment

• SuperKevin
          War Hero
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
          So for those more in the know than myself, which is most of you, what is the current speculation on the TNA 1-3-13 promo?
          Damn i missed it. It's on TV downstairs but I came upstairs to use the computer

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

A lot of people saying it will be the return of Abyss

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Well it's Sting.......sorry if I'm not excited about that.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

Best way to get fans to ignore that Aces & 8s is a nWo rehash is to end the angle with a Crow Sting rehash. Wait that's can't be right

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Bubba turns on Hogan, reunites with D-Von.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

heh

Comment

• SuperKevin
                      War Hero
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                      Very realistic angle right there. Especially with Bubba seemingly no longer involved in the Main Event picture, seems natural to put him back into the tag team title picture.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

What is the purpose of Aces + 8's at this point? I mean, I can't shit on them...to me they are just a biker gang faction.

But, they continue to push the idea that they have a purpose, but they haven't actually advanced that purpose in MONTHS. The last advance was them getting "full access" and since then, they are just kind of there, disrupting matches and not really doing anything with a point.

The nWo...they had a point...destroy wCw...was stated from the jump and they never wavered or let you forget it.

Aces + 8's...I don't even know their point.

As just a rebel biker gang faction...I don't think they are invasive...they are just there.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          Bubba the Love Sponge continues to heel out, joining Aces + Eights as their leader and he tells Terry he is the one who released the sex tape and is out to destroy his life and Hulkamania for good!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

El Generico vs Kenny Omega, tmw for the KO&D in DDT.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Now I can see why TNA doesn't charge for attendance at the Impact Zone. It's because they charge up to 75 dollars to go to a house show in Salisbury, MD on Jan 4th. Jesus Christ. The main event is Hardy vs Aries vs Roode in a Steel Cage for the title though. Angle, RVD, James Storm, and Bully Ray are scheduled to be there as well. Cheap seats are 20 bucks. If I had the money I'd check it out

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Give Kurt Angle some credit, because in a company where it's very easy to politic your way out of house shows, he's been a house show workhorse since the day he got there.

Comment

Working...