X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Vince wants RAW to be a variety show. There is going to be tons of different shit going on on RAW and as a result, guys are going to get some goofy gimmicks and kid friendly stuff.
    Well this shit isn't working, I thought the point of going PG or more "kid friendly" was to attract more sponsorship like Ford,and Budweiser?

Comment

• s@ppisgod
      No longer a noob
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      15 years ago was WCW's most successful PPV (buyrate wise)...STARRCADE 97.

Fucked up the execution of the finish, but the whole build up dating back to September 1996 was brilliant. All downhill afterwards though....well, with the exception of when Goldberg was hot...till they fucked that up, too.
      I'm in June of 97 in re-watching, and it's pretty epic. Sting comes down from the rafters at what seems like 100 mph sometimes, fucks shit up, looks weak NEVER. Just dropped down in the last one I watched picked DDP up, and flew back up to the rafters at insane speed again. Fucking awesome. DDP is booked well, too. Really sucks knowing it's going to lead up to sooooo much crap.

What's weird is talking about WCW and ECW the same way older fans used to talk about WCCW or AWA, when I'd be like "who gives a crap about that dead piece?" Makes me feel old.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
        I'm in June of 97 in re-watching, and it's pretty epic. Sting comes down from the rafters at what seems like 100 mph sometimes, fucks shit up, looks weak NEVER. Just dropped down in the last one I watched picked DDP up, and flew back up to the rafters at insane speed again. Fucking awesome. DDP is booked well, too. Really sucks knowing it's going to lead up to sooooo much crap.

What's weird is talking about WCW and ECW the same way older fans used to talk about WCCW or AWA, when I'd be like "who gives a crap about that dead piece?" Makes me feel old.
        I feel bad for current fans all they have is this current WWE and Impact Wrestling granted I think with the internet I could still see one of the current indy feds taking advantage of it there is something there to be tapped into.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
          Well this shit isn't working, I thought the point of going PG or more "kid friendly" was to attract more sponsorship like Ford,and Budweiser?
          Yes, car companies and brewers definitely like to target the under 15 crowd.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

Originally posted by FedEx227
            Yes, car companies and brewers definitely like to target the under 15 crowd.
            Should have said "family friendly"

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
              You could also add that heels don't win clean enough.

This is pretty cool.

I think Veda Scott could be great in the WWE if they paired her up with Otunga as his secretary and actually have give the guy a bit of a push in the mid-card.
              seems much more likely they would just rip the gimmick off then hire her ... that said she is great promo wise

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

The other problem with Veda is that while she is a very attractive girl, she's "real world" attractive. WWE looks for bikini models and barbi dolls with fake tits who have tons of work done, who get ribs removed and never eat anything but lettuce.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                  Everything Burns...
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  The other problem with Veda is that while she is a very attractive girl, she's "real world" attractive. WWE looks for bikini models and barbi dolls with fake tits who have tons of work done, who get ribs removed and never eat anything but lettuce.
                  wat about AJ?...

wait....Are those B's fake

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

from the Observer board...

Originally posted by dave (meltzer)
                    Angle alert.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Jericho is a Twitter GOAT. He just trolls the hell out of people.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

I just heard CMLL has become a WWE developmental territory

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                          I just heard CMLL has become a WWE developmental territory
                          where did you hear such a thing?

CMLL is not doing well, but this would have about a million different hang ups which would make this nearly impossible.

A business arrangement, similar to how Japanese orgs pair up with lucha orgs, is certainly a possibility. I've said for years that WWE should send talent on excursions like they do in Japan.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                            War Hero
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                            where did you hear such a thing?

CMLL is not doing well, but this would have about a million different hang ups which would make this nearly impossible.

A business arrangement, similar to how Japanese orgs pair up with lucha orgs, is certainly a possibility. I've said for years that WWE should send talent on excursions like they do in Japan.
                            Wrestling geek on facebook posted it. I asked for a link

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Dreamer detailed his appearance on the 12/17 Raw show. He said he was planning on going to his wrestling school when the phone rang. He didn’t recognize the number so didn’t pick it up. Then he got a text message from a high-ranked WWE official asking if he was around, but didn’t think much of it. Then he got a call on his home phone and picked it up, and was asked if he could go to Philadelphia. This was at about 3:30 p.m. and he lives about 100 miles from the city. Plus you have to figure in rush hour traffic. At that time, he wasn’t told he’d be wrestling. He jumped in the shower, and then his cell phone rang and he was told to bring his gear, that he was wrestling on the show and they told him not to tell anyone. He put on fake tanning lotion and took off at 3:50 p.m. Between the rain and the traffic, those at WWE were calling him every half hour to make sure he’d get there in time. He said he had to go to the bathroom so bad but he couldn’t stop, so he peed in his blender and threw it out the window, only to have it splash back on his arm. When he got there, he was told to hide in a trailer bus as apparently they didn’t want any of the wrestlers seeing him, so he ended up hanging out with Ric Flair, who they were also hiding. He then had to take an immediate physical and was told his creative. Unlike Flair, they did bring him to the building when Raw started, and he was told to tell all the wrestlers he was just visiting. At 9 p.m., he was told to talk with the other five guys in the match to work things out. He said the happiest thing was the next day because his eight-year-old twins saw him on television as did the kids in school, since they were too young to have ever seen him when it would mean something to them in WWE

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

Any word that its true that the WWE has signed Davina Rose?

Comment

Working...