X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBiss
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    PW Ponderings is tweeting that they hear El Generico has signed with the WWE.
    Originally posted by BigBiss
    Im calling it right now ... he will not turn up on Spike TV

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

One of the writers on VoicesofWrestling.com, Jason Chae, was certainly not feeling Rock's promo yesterday. This is a pretty good column IMO and a real good look at just how silly The Rock was yesterday.

Last night on Raw, CM Punk delivered one of the most compelling promos I have ever seen during a pro wrestling show. It came off honest and emotional even though he was clearly trying to be a jerk to fit his heel persona. Punk again did what he does very well, blur the lines of reality and pro wrestling and what he said resonated with anyone who actually cares about wrestling. He knew exactly what subjects to hit on to get a reaction from the internet fans.

Point out that Daniel Bryan is being wasted? Check. Point out how stupid the Broadus Clay gimmick is? Check. Talk about how actual wrestling skills and mic work are not as important as who the company deems is popular. Check. Mention that the WWE fan base is too stupid to handle complex material. Check.

He set the table for a great exchange between him and the person who will challenge him for the WWE Championship in a few weeks at the Royal Rumble, The Rock. Unfortunately, minutes later as The Rock came to the ring and started speaking, it was clear The Rock wasn’t interested in doing a serious wrestling angle and instead wanted to change the direction to a pseudo comedy bit.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/201...rock-is-awful/
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

I am completely indifferent towards The Rock. I though the Popeye & Cookie Puss stuff was out of place in this particular angle, but it doesn't matter what me or Chae thinks, because the match is going to draw huge, Miami will sell out Smackdown, and then The Rock will draw huge again at WrestleMania.

From an entertainment standpoint, The Rock's goofy promos stopped entertaining me a long time ago. I'm sure the match will be awesome though and i'm looking forward to it. I may actually pay for it to enjoy it in HD. So if they are getting my money (which they get like once every three years or so), they must be doing something right.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Agreed. I almost enjoy it because it's another thing that fires up the old "IWC" or at least the subset of intelligent/super-fans that get pissed off by comedy and like some of the blurred reality promos that Punk gives. It's a great contrast and it keeps both parties involved. The common fan loves it because The Rock is back and they want to chant something stupid and the hardcore fans want Punk to shut Rock up.

I think deep down, while I don't "enjoy" what The Rock does, I do enjoy it because Punk presents that alternative.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Is it not incredibly ironic how for the next 2-3 weeks, Punk and Rock have taken the roles of Rock and Cena, respectively, from last year's WM build?

I wonder if that's what they intended...but Rock's playing to the common denominator if his first night back is what we can expect.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

Alberto Del Rio beat the Big Show and won the WHC tonight at Smackdown in a Last Man Standing match. Why?

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

Comment

• BonesMahoney95
                    -_-
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                    Doesn't the guy in the 2nd row look like a chubby Overeem?
                    lol that's Roy Miller, Bucs DT. Gerald McCoy is to his right.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

PW Ponderings is tweeting that they hear El Generico has signed with the WWE.
                      Can't wait for Tim Tucker to debut.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

WWE's uber PC creative department isn't going to stand by and allow a white Canadian to pretend to be a Mexican lucador.

Comment

• dave
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

-Randy Orton, super WWE babyface, kills three guys at once with minimal effort and ensures that 3MB will never get over, thus ensuring they will never be of use. Remember when WWE used to book babyfaces in 1 vs 2 and 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 3 matches every week? Awful then, awful when they do it now.

-The Sheamus/3MB backstage segment was embarrassing to watch.
                          The whole 3MB thing is stupid. Heath Slater works ... he's always been that gimmick ... but the last time I checked, no teen stars wore a turban and everyone knows Drew McIntyre isn't that gimmick.

The 3MB thing is one of the dumbest gimmicks ever. Hell, they make me want the Spirit Squad back.
                          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

I have a feeling Show dropping the title to face ADR is going to set up a quick title switch to put the Smackdown belt on Ziggler.

I bet the writers just realized they have until WrestleMania to put the belt on Ziggler.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Agreed. It's much more reasonable to expect Ziggler can beat Del Rio than the Big Show. I'd look for him to cash in and win the belt at Royal Rumble

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                                Agreed. It's much more reasonable to expect Ziggler can beat Del Rio than the Big Show. I'd look for him to cash in and win the belt at Royal Rumble
                                Ziggler is supposed to feud with Cena until the Rumble...so I'd expect Ziggler to win the belt sometime after the Rumble.

Comment

Working...