X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich
    I'm obviously in the minority here but i am a fan of The Rock being back, even if it's only until Wrestlemania. Maybe its the nostalgia feeling but to me i've enjoy his return.
    You are actually the majority though because we are goofy nerds who take this shit way too seriously. The Rock is obviously over and WrestleMania is going to make a gajillion dollars, but holy shit has his shtick gotten old really fats. Can we at keast give the illusion that this fake fight is serious business?

But hey, most people are eating it up, so what do I know?

Comment

• s@ppisgod
      No longer a noob
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      You are actually the majority though because we are goofy nerds who take this shit way too seriously. The Rock is obviously over and WrestleMania is going to make a gajillion dollars, but holy shit has his shtick gotten old really fats. Can we at keast give the illusion that this fake fight is serious business?

But hey, most people are eating it up, so what do I know?
      WWE has built their entire empire on pandering to the lowest common denominator. Rock isn't re-inventing the wheel, but he's definitely hitting the key demographic. Hell, all you nerds stream that shit anyway, so it's no buys out of the WWE's pocket. In a way it's fitting.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

To be fair, I've never streamed WrestleMania, Royal Rumble or Summerslam.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SuperKevin
          War Hero
          • Dec 2009

I'm likely buying Wrestlemania this year. I might even buy Lockdown

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
            Also, after he loses in the Elimination Chamber, Jack Swagger and his new Conservative American gimmick needs to go up against Antonio Cesaro for the US Championship. Jack Swagger vs Antonio Cesaro would be a great opening match for Wrestlemania. If my booking took place you'd have a Wrestlemania card that looks like this

The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE Championship
            Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship
            CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
            Team Hell No vs somebody for the Tag Titles
            Boring Divas match
            Antonio Cesaro vs Jack Swagger for the US Title

Add in Wade Barrett defending his Intercontinental title(against ANYONE but Bo Dallas) and somehow manage to get Ryback into the card(possibly against Mark Henry) and you have a great card
            Cesaro is droping to miz ... Del Rio vs Swagger looks likely ... Team Hell Yeah vs the 2 Dancing Goofs

Comment

• SuperKevin
              War Hero
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
              Cesaro is droping to miz ... Del Rio vs Swagger looks likely ... Team Hell Yeah vs the 2 Dancing Goofs
              I know you're right but I want you to be wrong so badly

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Just think, it won't be Cesaro going down, it'll be him moving up to the main event.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SuperKevin
                  War Hero
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                  Just think, it won't be Cesaro going down, it'll be him moving up to the main event.
                  Yeah but I'd rather Cesaro be stuck in the midcard forever than to put another title on the Miz

Comment

• BigBiss
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                    Its like getting a promotion, he has done a great job with this run

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

What's sad is that he could move up to the I.C. title but Cesaro's made the U.S. belt more important right now.

While Barrett's doing great holding up his deal (with who he's had to fight in Kofi while jobbing to Orton, Sheamus, [insert upper-card face here] because they're in the WWE/Heavyweight Belt tier at the moment), he hasn't had anyone worthwhile to fight over the belt.

He basically got a raise but still has to do the same mid-card hump work because Vince is too chickenshit to build up his heels.

Castagnoli on the otherhand basically took his gimmick like Punk did, got a new coat of paint and name change and then rolled with it.

Moreso, as he's the Anti-American American Champ (without resorting to an ill-fated terrorist gimmick), everyone wants to see him get his ass kicked while he's putting in work in the ring and showing everyone how good he is since he got out of the indies.

You want to see him keep the belt to look stronger or the guy who eventually goes over him get the rub while Castagnoli moves onto better things.

Getting the belt from Barrett only hurts him until we get a believable winner.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

So the WWE is building and I quote a "State of the art training facility" - great. Just what WWE needs to churn out more Abercrombie drones with fake tan and six packs.

Comment

• Derrville
                          Dallas has no coaching...
                          • Jul 2009

WWE Powerplant!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

El Generico appeared on an NXT show as El Generico, wearing his mask & gear.

Doesnt mean anything, obviously this can change.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

In the segment breakdown, the show opened strong with a 3.33 quarter rating with Paul Heyman and CM Punk. Mark Henry vs. The Great Khali lost 328,000 viewers. Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho gained 84,000 viewers. Sheamus, John Cena and Ryback vs. 3MB in the 9pm timeslot gained 267,000 viewers for a 3.34 quarter rating.

Zack Ryder vs. Jack Swagger lost 253,000 viewers. The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes lost 19,000 more viewers. Tensai and Brodus Clay vs. Primo and Epico lost another 242,000 viewers. The Shield speaking and the brawl with Cena, Sheamus and Ryback gained 392,000 viewers in the 10pm timeslot for a 3.25 quarter rating.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Damien Sandow lost 419,000 viewers and Wade Barrett vs. Kofi Kingston lost 37,000 more. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane gained 186,000 viewers. The final segment with The Rock and CM Punk gained 578,000 viewers for a 3.48 overrun rating.

Comment

Working...